Surveying techno-economic indicators of microalgae biofuel technologies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Liam & Owende, Philip, 2010. "Biofuels from microalgae--A review of technologies for production, processing, and extractions of biofuels and co-products," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 557-577, February.
- Chakrabarti, Mohammed Harun & Ali, Mehmood & Usmani, Jafar Nazir & Khan, Nasim Ahmed & Hasan, Diya'uddeen Basheer & Islam, Md. Sakinul & Abdul Raman, Abdul Aziz & Yusoff, Rozita & Irfan, Muhammad Fais, 2012. "Status of biodiesel research and development in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4396-4405.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nick Johnstone & Ivan Haščič & David Popp, 2010.
"Renewable Energy Policies and Technological Innovation: Evidence Based on Patent Counts,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 133-155, January.
- Nick Johnstone & Ivan Hascic & David Popp, 2008. "Renewable Energy Policies And Technological Innovation: Evidence Based On Patent Counts," NBER Working Papers 13760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirbas, M. Fatih, 2011. "Biofuels from algae for sustainable development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3473-3480.
- David Popp, 2002. "Induced Innovation and Energy Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 160-180, March.
- Hirano, Atsushi & Ueda, Ryohei & Hirayama, Shin & Ogushi, Yasuyuki, 1997. "CO2 fixation and ethanol production with microalgal photosynthesis and intracellular anaerobic fermentation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 137-142.
- Amaro, Helena M. & Guedes, A. Catarina & Malcata, F. Xavier, 2011. "Advances and perspectives in using microalgae to produce biodiesel," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3402-3410.
- Popp, David & Hascic, Ivan & Medhi, Neelakshi, 2011. "Technology and the diffusion of renewable energy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 648-662, July.
- Davis, Ryan & Aden, Andy & Pienkos, Philip T., 2011. "Techno-economic analysis of autotrophic microalgae for fuel production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3524-3531.
- Patrik Söderholm & Ger Klaassen, 2007. "Wind Power in Europe: A Simultaneous Innovation–Diffusion Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 163-190, February.
- Erica Geraldes Castanheira & Patricia Pereira Da Silva, 2010. "Governance of the emerging biofuel markets in European Union: the Portuguese context," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(3), pages 230-251.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mathimani, Thangavel & Mallick, Nirupama, 2018. "A comprehensive review on harvesting of microalgae for biodiesel – Key challenges and future directions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 1103-1120.
- Aziz, Md Maniruzzaman A. & Kassim, Khairul Anuar & Shokravi, Zahra & Jakarni, Fauzan Mohd & Liu, Hong Yuan & Zaini, Nabilah & Tan, Lian See & Islam, A.B.M. Saiful & Shokravi, Hoofar, 2020. "Two-stage cultivation strategy for simultaneous increases in growth rate and lipid content of microalgae: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 119(C).
- Ramos Tercero, Elia Armandina & Domenicali, Giacomo & Bertucco, Alberto, 2014. "Autotrophic production of biodiesel from microalgae: An updated process and economic analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 807-815.
- Bergthorson, Jeffrey M. & Thomson, Murray J., 2015. "A review of the combustion and emissions properties of advanced transportation biofuels and their impact on existing and future engines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1393-1417.
- Piloto-Rodríguez, Ramón & Sánchez-Borroto, Yisel & Melo-Espinosa, Eliezer Ahmed & Verhelst, Sebastian, 2017. "Assessment of diesel engine performance when fueled with biodiesel from algae and microalgae: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 833-842.
- Jayakumar, Saravanan & Yusoff, Mashitah M. & Rahim, Mohd Hasbi Ab. & Maniam, Gaanty Pragas & Govindan, Natanamurugaraj, 2017. "The prospect of microalgal biodiesel using agro-industrial and industrial wastes in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 33-47.
- Giostri, A. & Binotti, M. & Macchi, E., 2016. "Microalgae cofiring in coal power plants: Innovative system layout and energy analysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 449-464.
- Hognon, Céline & Delrue, Florian & Boissonnet, Guillaume, 2015. "Energetic and economic evaluation of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii hydrothermal liquefaction and pyrolysis through thermochemical models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 31-40.
- Cheah, Wai Yan & Ling, Tau Chuan & Show, Pau Loke & Juan, Joon Ching & Chang, Jo-Shu & Lee, Duu-Jong, 2016. "Cultivation in wastewaters for energy: A microalgae platform," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 609-625.
- Shah, Syed Hasnain & Raja, Iftikhar Ahmed & Rizwan, Muhammad & Rashid, Naim & Mahmood, Qaisar & Shah, Fayyaz Ali & Pervez, Arshid, 2018. "Potential of microalgal biodiesel production and its sustainability perspectives in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 76-92.
- Zhu, Liandong, 2015. "Biorefinery as a promising approach to promote microalgae industry: An innovative framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1376-1384.
- Ribeiro, Lauro A. & da Silva, Patrícia Pereira & Mata, Teresa M. & Martins, António A., 2015. "Prospects of using microalgae for biofuels production: Results of a Delphi study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 799-804.
More about this item
KeywordsAlgae; Biofuels; Cost; Policies; Renewables; Emerging technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:25:y:2013:i:c:p:89-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.