The Impacts of Alternative Policy Scenarios on Multifunctionality
This paper provides first results of the sector model approach to analyze the effects of alternative policy scenarios on the multifunctional role of Finnish agriculture. In terms of environmental non-commodity outputs we focus on nutrient runoffs, landscape diversity and biodiversity. As regards to socio-economic outputs our focus is on direct and indirect agricultural labour force. The results suggest that while partial de-coupling agricultural supports from production is not likely to result in any drastic decline of agricultural production the amount of green fallow will increase considerably. As a result, the agricultural land will become biologically richer. The agricultural labour force is likely to decrease substantially irrespective of agricultural policy.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arild Vatn, 2002. "Multifunctional agriculture: some consequences for international trade regimes," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 309-327, July.
- Chantal Le Mouel, 2004.
"Impacts of alternative agricultural income support schemes on multiple policy goals,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 125-148, June.
- Herve Guyomard & Chantal Le Mouel & Alexandre Gohin, 2004. "Impacts of alternative agricultural income support schemes on multiple policy goals," Working Papers 155435, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Thomas L. Cox & Jean-Paul Chavas, 2001. "An Interregional Analysis of Price Discrimination and Domestic Policy Reform in the U.S. Dairy Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 89-106.
- Jeffrey M. Peterson & Richard N. Boisvert & Harry de Gorter, 2002. "Environmental policies for a multifunctional agricultural sector in open economies," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(4), pages 423-443, December.
- Ollikainen, Markku & Lankoski, Jussi E., 2005.
"Multifunctional agriculture: The effect of non-public good on socially optimal policies,"
11866, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
- Ollikainen, Markku & Lankoski, Jussi E., 2005. "Multifunctional Agriculture: The Effect of Non-Public Goods on Socially Optimal Policies," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24611, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jussi Lankoski & Markku Ollikainen, 2003. "Agri-environmental externalities: a framework for designing targeted policies," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 51-75, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae05:24459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.