Adaptation measures in the EU: Policies, costs, and economic assessment. "Climate Proofing" of key EU policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Finger & Stéphanie Schmid, 2008.
"Modeling agricultural production risk and the adaptation to climate change,"
Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 25-41, May.
- Finger, Robert & Schmid, Stephanie, 2007. "Modeling agricultural production risk and the adaptation to climate change," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9270, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Finger, Robert & Schmid, Stéphanie, 2007. "Modelling Agricultural Production Risk and the Adaptation to Climate Change," MPRA Paper 3943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aravindakshan, Sreejith & Sherief, Aliyaru Kunju, 2010. "The wanted change against climate change: assessing the role of organic farming as an adaptation strategy," MPRA Paper 27205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard Betts & Pete Falloon & Andy Wiltshire & Richard Tol, 2013.
"Climate change impacts on global agriculture,"
Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 357-374, September.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard Betts & Pete Falloon & Andy Wiltshire & Richard S.J. Tol, 2010. "Climate Change Impacts on Global Agriculture," Working Papers FNU-185, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2010.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Rehdanz, Katrin & Betts, Richard & Falloon, Pete & Wiltshire, Andy & Tol, Richard S. J., 2010. "Climate change impacts on global agriculture," Kiel Working Papers 1617, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Enrica De Cian & Elisa Lanzi & Roberto Roson, 2007.
"The Impact of Temperature Change on Energy Demand: A Dynamic Panel Analysis,"
2007.46, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Roberto Roson & Enrica de Cian & Elisa Lanzi, 2007. "The Impact of Temperature Change on Energy Demand a Dynamic Panel Analysis," Working Papers 2007_06, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- De Cian, Enrica & Lanzi, Elisa & Roson, Roberto, 2007. "The Impact of Temperature Change on Energy Demand: A Dynamic Panel Analysis," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 9322, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Valdes, Constanza & Arriola, Christine & Somwaru, Agapi & Gasques, Jose Garcia, 2010. "Brazil’S Climate Adaptation Policies: Impacts On Agriculture," 2010: Climate Change in World Agriculture: Mitigation, Adaptation, Trade and Food Security, June 2010, Stuttgart-Hohenheim, Germany 91420, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Llop, Maria, 2008.
"Economic impact of alternative water policy scenarios in the Spanish production system: An input-output analysis,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 288-294, December.
- Llop Llop, Maria, 2006. "Economic impacts of alternative water policy scenarios in the Spanish production system: an input-output analysis," Working Papers 2072/3681, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Claudia Kemfert, 2007. "Klimawandel kostet die deutsche Volkswirtschaft Milliarden," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(11), pages 165-169.
- Mahlia, T. M. I. & Masjuki, H. H. & Saidur, R. & Amalina, M. A., 2004. "Cost-benefit analysis of implementing minimum energy efficiency standards for household refrigerator-freezers in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1819-1824, November.
- Carlo Carraro & Francesco Bosello & Enrica De Cian, 2009. "An Analysis of Adaptation as a Response to Climate Change," Working Papers 2009_26, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Doug, Banting & Hitesh, Doshi & James, Li & Paul, Missios, 2005. "Report on the Environmental Benefits and Costs of Green Roof Technology for the City of Toronto," MPRA Paper 70526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Nooij, Michiel & Koopmans, Carl & Bijvoet, Carlijn, 2007. "The value of supply security: The costs of power interruptions: Economic input for damage reduction and investment in networks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 277-295, March.
- Yu, Bingxin & Zhu, Tingju & Breisinger, Clemens & Hai, Nguyen Manh, 2010. "Impacts of climate change on agriculture and policy options for adaptation: The case of Vietnam," IFPRI discussion papers 1015, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Parry, Ian W.H. & Evans, David & Oates, Wallace E., 2014. "Are energy efficiency standards justified?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 104-125.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Peter Martinsson, 2007.
"Willingness to Pay among Swedish Households to Avoid Power Outages: A Random Parameter Tobit Model Approach,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 75-90.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Martinsson, Peter, 2004. "Willingness to Pay among Swedish Households to Avoid Power Outages - A Random Parameter Tobit Model Approach," Working Papers in Economics 154, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Dionysis Latinopoulos & Eftichios Sartzetakis, 2011.
"Optimal Exploitation of Groundwater and the Potential for a Tradable Permit System in Irrigated Agriculture,"
2011.26, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Latinopoulos, Dionysis & Sartzetakis, Eftichios S., 2011. "Optimal Exploitation of Groundwater and the Potential for a Tradable Permit System in Irrigated Agriculture," Sustainable Development Papers 102500, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Kelly, David L. & Kolstad, Charles D. & Mitchell, Glenn T., 2005. "Adjustment costs from environmental change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 468-495, November.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Koo, Jawoo & Robertson, Richard & Sulser, Timothy & Zhu, Tingju & Ringler, Claudia & Msangi, Siwa & Palazzo, Amanda & Batka, Miroslav & Magalhaes, Marilia & Va, 2009. "Climate change: Impact on agriculture and costs of adaptation," Food policy reports 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Olaf Jonkeren & Piet Rietveld & Jos van Ommeren, 2007. "Climate Change and Inland Waterway Transport: Welfare Effects of Low Water Levels on the river Rhine," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 387-411, September.
- Meyers, S & McMahon, J.E & McNeil, M & Liu, X, 2003. "Impacts of US federal energy efficiency standards for residential appliances," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 755-767.
- Ana Iglesias & Luis Garrote & Sonia Quiroga & Marta Moneo, 2009. "Impacts of climate change in agriculture in Europe. PESETA-Agriculture study," JRC Working Papers JRC55386, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Klaus Eisenack & Rebecca Stecker & Diana Reckien & Esther Hoffmann, 2012. "Adaptation to climate change in the transport sector: a review of actions and actors," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 451-469, June.
- Marco Moriondo & Marco Bindi & Zbigniew Kundzewicz & M. Szwed & A. Chorynski & P. Matczak & M. Radziejewski & D. McEvoy & Anita Wreford, 2010. "Impact and adaptation opportunities for European agriculture in response to climatic change and variability," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 15(7), pages 657-679, October.
- Richard S. J. Tol & Sebastian Petrick & Katrin Rehdanz, 2012. "The Impact of Temperature Changes on Residential Energy Use," Working Paper Series 4412, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Zhai, Haibo & Rubin, Edward S., 2010. "Performance and cost of wet and dry cooling systems for pulverized coal power plants with and without carbon capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5653-5660, October.
- Barth, Matthew & Boriboonsomsin, Kanok, 2009. "Traffic Congestion and Greenhouse Gases," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3vz7t3db, University of California Transportation Center.
- Döll, Sebastian & Schulze, Sven, 2010. "Klimawandel und Perspektiven der Landwirtschaft in der Metropolregion Hamburg," HWWI Research Papers 1-34, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Francesco Bosello & Jian Zhang, 2005. "Assessing Climate Change Impacts: Agriculture," Working Papers 2005.94, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Stéphane Hallegatte & Philippe Ambrosi & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2007. "Using Climate Analogues for Assessing Climate Change Economic Impacts in Urban Areas," Post-Print hal-00164627, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Golub, Alexander & Govorukha, Kristina & Mayer, Philip & Rübbelke, Dirk, 2020.
"How does Climate Change Affect the Transition of Power Systems: the Case of Germany,"
FACTS: Firms And Cities Towards Sustainability
305822, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) > FACTS: Firms And Cities Towards Sustainability.
- Alexander Golub & Kristina Govorukha & Philip Mayer & Dirk RÃ¼bbelke, 2020. "How does Climate Change Affect the Transition of Power Systems: the Case of Germany," Working Papers 2020.12, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Alexander Golub & Kristina Govorukha & Philip Mayer & Dirk Rübbelke, 2020. "How Does Climate Change Affect the Transition of Power Systems: The Case of Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 8613, CESifo.
- Gabriel Bachner, 2015. "Land Transport Systems under Climate Change: A Macroeconomic Assessment of Adaptation Measures for the Case of Austria," Graz Economics Papers 2015-01, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fernández, Francisco J. & Blanco, Maria, 2015. "Modelling the economic impacts of climate change on global and European agriculture: Review of economic structural approaches," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 9, pages 1-53.
- -, 2011. "An assessment of the economic impact of climate change on the agriculture sector in Trinidad And Tobago," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38587, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Fernández, Francisco J. & Blanco, Maria, 2014. "Integration of biophysical and agro-economic models to assess the economic effects of climate change on agriculture: A review of global and EU regional approaches," Economics Discussion Papers 2014-48, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Chen, Han & Huang, Ye & Shen, Huizhong & Chen, Yilin & Ru, Muye & Chen, Yuanchen & Lin, Nan & Su, Shu & Zhuo, Shaojie & Zhong, Qirui & Wang, Xilong & Liu, Junfeng & Li, Bengang & Tao, Shu, 2016. "Modeling temporal variations in global residential energy consumption and pollutant emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 820-829.
- Esteve, Paloma & Varela-Ortega, Consuelo & Blanco-Gutiérrez, Irene & Downing, Thomas E., 2015. "A hydro-economic model for the assessment of climate change impacts and adaptation in irrigated agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 49-58.
- Majid Hashemi & Glenn P. Jenkins & Roop Jyoti & Aygul Ozbafli, 2018. "Evaluating the Cost to Industry of Electricity Outages," Development Discussion Papers 2018-14, JDI Executive Programs.
- Jean-Charles Hourcade & Philippe Ambrosi & Patrice Dumas, 2009. "Beyond the Stern Review: Lessons from a risky venture at the limits of the cost–benefit analysis," Post-Print hal-00716769, HAL.
- Severen, Christopher & Costello, Christopher & Deschênes, Olivier, 2018.
"A Forward-Looking Ricardian Approach: Do land markets capitalize climate change forecasts?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 235-254.
- Christopher Severen & Christopher Costello & Olivier Deschenes, 2016. "A Forward Looking Ricardian Approach: Do Land Markets Capitalize Climate Change Forecasts?," NBER Working Papers 22413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monika Wieczorek-Kosmala, 2020. "Weather Risk Management in Energy Sector: The Polish Case," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(4), pages 1-21, February.
- Bajo-Buenestado, Raúl, 2017. "Welfare implications of capacity payments in a price-capped electricity sector: A case study of the Texas market (ERCOT)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 272-285.
- Woo, C.K. & Ho, T. & Shiu, A. & Cheng, Y.S. & Horowitz, I. & Wang, J., 2014. "Residential outage cost estimation: Hong Kong," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 204-210.
- Alastaire Sèna ALINSATO, 2015. "Economic Valuation of Electrical Service Reliability for Households’ in Developing Country: A Censored Random Coefficient Model Approach," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 352-359.
- Maryse Labriet & Santosh Joshi & Marc Vielle & Philip Holden & Neil Edwards & Amit Kanudia & Richard Loulou & Frédéric Babonneau, 2015. "Worldwide impacts of climate change on energy for heating and cooling," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(7), pages 1111-1136, October.
- Amoah, Anthony & Ferrini, Silvia & Schaafsma, Marije, 2019. "Electricity outages in Ghana: Are contingent valuation estimates valid?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Longo, Alberto & Markandya, Anil & Petrucci, Marta, 2008.
"The internalization of externalities in the production of electricity: Willingness to pay for the attributes of a policy for renewable energy,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 140-152, August.
- Longo, Alberto & Markandya, Anil & Petrucci, Marta, 2006. "The Internalization of Externalities in The Production of Electricity: Willingness to Pay for the Attributes of a Policy for Renewable Energy," International Energy Markets Working Papers 12111, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Alberto Longo & Anil Markandya & Marta Petrucci, 2006. "The Internalization of Externalities in The Production of Electricity: Willingness to Pay for the Attributes of a Policy for Renewable Energy," Working Papers 2006.132, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cohen, Jed J. & Moeltner, Klaus & Reichl, Johannes & Schmidthaler, Michael, 2016. "Linking the value of energy reliability to the acceptance of energy infrastructure: Evidence from the EU," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 124-143.
- Hashemi, Majid, 2021. "The economic value of unsupplied electricity: Evidence from Nepal," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
- Benjamin Kipkemboi Kogo & Lalit Kumar & Richard Koech, 2021. "Climate change and variability in Kenya: a review of impacts on agriculture and food security," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 23-43, January.
- Clemens Breisinger & Tingju Zhu & Perrihan Al Riffai & Gerald Nelson & Richard Robertson & Jose Funes & Dorte Verner, 2013. "Economic Impacts Of Climate Change In Syria," Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(01), pages 1-30.
- Silvana Mima & Patrick Criqui, 2015. "The Costs of Climate Change for the European Energy System, an Assessment with the POLES Model," Post-Print hal-01149610, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewexp:110558. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.