Beyond the Stern Review: Lessons from a risky venture at the limits of the cost-benefit analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lecocq, Franck & Hourcade, Jean-Charles, 2003.
"Equitable provision of long-term public goods: the role of negotiation mandates,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3180, The World Bank.
- Jean Charles Hourcade & Franck Lecocq, 2003. "Equitable Provision of Long-Term Public GoodsThe role of Negotiation Mandates," CIRED Working Papers halshs-00000968, HAL.
- Kelly, David L. & Kolstad, Charles D. & Mitchell, Glenn T., 2005. "Adjustment costs from environmental change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 468-495, November.
- Thomas Sterner & U. Martin Persson, 2008.
"An Even Sterner Review: Introducing Relative Prices into the Discounting Debate,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 61-76, Winter.
- Sterner, Thomas & Persson, U. Martin, 2007. "An Even Sterner Review: Introducing Relative Prices into the Discounting Debate," Discussion Papers dp-07-37, Resources For the Future.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Hourcade, Jean-Charles & Dumas, Patrice, 2007.
"Why economic dynamics matter in assessing climate change damages: Illustration on extreme events,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 330-340, April.
- Stéphane Hallegatte & Jean Charles Hourcade & Patrice Dumas, 2007. "Why economic dynamics matter in assessing climate change damages : illustration on extreme events," Post-Print hal-00164626, HAL.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 1994. "The damage costs of climate change: a note on tangibles and intangibles, applied to DICE," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 436-438, May.
- Mandelbrot, Benoit B, 1971. "When Can Price Be Arbitraged Efficiently? A Limit to the Validity of the Random Walk and Martingale Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(3), pages 225-236, August.
- Minh Ha-Duong & Michael Grubb & Jean Charles Hourcade, 1997. "Influence of socioeconomic inertia and uncertainty on optimal CO2-emission abatement," Post-Print halshs-00002452, HAL.
- Roger Guesnerie, 2004. "Calcul économique et développement durable," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(3), pages 363-382.
- Minh Ha-Duong & Nicolas Treich, 2004.
"Risk Aversion, Intergenerational Equity and Climate Change,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(2), pages 195-207, June.
- Minh Ha-Duong & Nicolas Treich, 2004. "Risk aversion, intergenerational equity and climate change," Post-Print halshs-00000680, HAL.
- Richard Tol, 2002. "Estimates of the Damage Costs of Climate Change, Part II. Dynamic Estimates," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 21(2), pages 135-160, February.
- Richard S. J. Tol & Gary W. Yohe, 2006. "A Review of the Stern Review," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 7(4), pages 233-250, October.
- Hope, Chris, 2008. "Discount rates, equity weights and the social cost of carbon," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1011-1019, May.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey & Beltratti, Andrea, 1995. "The Green Golden Rule," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 175-179, August.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 1998. "Why the Far-Distant Future Should Be Discounted at Its Lowest Possible Rate," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 201-208, November.
- Gerlagh, Reyer & van der Zwaan, Bob, 2003. "Gross world product and consumption in a global warming model with endogenous technological change," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 35-57, February.
- Jean Charles Hourcade & Philippe Ambrosi & Stéphane Hallegatte & Franck Lecocq & Patrice Dumas & Minh Ha-Duong, 2003. "Optimal control models and elicitation of attitudes towards climate damages," Post-Print halshs-00000966, HAL.
- Venkata Ramana P., Chandra Shekhar Sinha, P.R. Shukla, 2001. "Renewable energy technologies and climate change policies in India," International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(4), pages 424-443.
- Alan Manne & Richard Richels, 1992. "Buying Greenhouse Insurance: The Economic Costs of CO2 Emission Limits," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026213280x, January.
- Heal, Geoffrey, 2005. "Intertemporal Welfare Economics and the Environment," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 21, pages 1105-1145 Elsevier.
- Stephen Schneider & William Easterling & Linda Mearns, 2000. "Adaptation: Sensitivity to Natural Variability, Agent Assumptions and Dynamic Climate Changes," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 203-221, April.
- Hassett, Kevin A. & Metcalf, Gilbert E., 1993. "Energy conservation investment : Do consumers discount the future correctly?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 710-716, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderson, Blake & M'Gonigle, Michael, 2012. "Does ecological economics have a future?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 37-48.
- Moxnes, Erling, 2014. "Discounting, climate and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 158-166.
- Pottier, Antonin & Hourcade, Jean-Charles & Espagne, Etienne, 2014.
"Modelling the redirection of technical change: The pitfalls of incorporeal visions of the economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 213-218.
- Antonin Pottier & J.C Hourcade & E. Espagne, 2014. "Modelling the redirection of technical change: The pitfalls of incorporeal visions of the economy," Post-Print hal-01523021, HAL.
- Antonin Pottier & Jean Charles Hourcade & Etienne Espagne, 2014. "Modelling the redirection of technical change: The pitfalls of incorporeal visions of the economy," Post-Print hal-01018479, HAL.
- Franck Lecocq & Jean-Charles Hourcade, 2012.
"Unspoken ethical issues in the climate affair: Insights from a theoretical analysis of negotiation mandates,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 445-471, February.
- Franck Lecocq & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2012. "Unspoken ethical issues in the climate affair: Insights from a theoretical analysis of negotiation mandates," Post-Print hal-00716658, HAL.
- Vallejo, María Cristina & Burbano, Rafael & Falconí, Fander & Larrea, Carlos, 2015. "Leaving oil underground in Ecuador: The Yasuní-ITT initiative from a multi-criteria perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 175-185.
- Vale, Petterson Molina, 2016. "The changing climate of climate change economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 12-19.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscounting Damage assessment Environmental value Integrated assessment model Uncertainty Cost-benefit analysis Information value Decision-making Irreversibility Adaptation Social preference Non-market impacts Intergenerational equity Intragenerational equity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:68:y:2009:i:10:p:2479-2484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .