Exporting from Manufacturing Firms in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanzi, Vito, 1986. "Fiscal Policy Responses to Exogenous Shocks in Developing Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 88-91, May.
- Lane, Philip R & Tornell, Aaron, 1996. "Power, Growth, and the Voracity Effect," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 213-241, June.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Kenneth M. Miranda, 1991. "Commodity Booms and Government Expenditure Responses," IMF Working Papers 91/44, International Monetary Fund.
- Schuknecht, Ludger, 1996. "Political Business Cycles and Fiscal Policies in Developing Countries," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 155-170.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siba, Eyerusalem & Gebreeyesus, Mulu, 2014. "Learning to export and learning by exporting: The case of Ethiopian manufacturing," WIDER Working Paper Series 105, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Yoshino, Yutaka, 2008. "Domestic constraints, firm characteristics, and geographical diversification of firm-level manufacturing exports in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4575, The World Bank.
- BOERMANS, Martijn Adriaan, 2013.
"LEARNING-BY-EXPORTING AND DESTINATION EFFECTS: EVIDENCE FROM AFRICAN SMEs,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 149-168.
- Boermans, Martijn Adriaan, 2010. "Learning-by-Exporting and Destination Effects: Evidence from African SMEs," MPRA Paper 22658, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 May 2010.
- Miklós Koren & Silvana Tenreyro, 2013.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(1), pages 378-414, February.
- Miklós Koren & Silvana Tenreyro, 2004. "Technological diversification," Working Papers 05-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Koren, Miklos & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2007. "Technological diversification," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3741, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Koren, Miklós & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2007. "Technological Diversification," CEPR Discussion Papers 6523, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koren, Miklos & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2013. "Technological diversification," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 46865, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Miklos Koren & Silvana Tenreyro, 2007. "Technological Diversification," CEP Discussion Papers dp0824, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Silvana Tenreyro & Miklos Koren, 2005. "Technological Diversification," 2005 Meeting Papers 392, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Koren, Miklós & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "Technological diversification," Working Paper Series 551, European Central Bank.
- Robert Darko Osei & Charles Ackah & George Domfe & Michael Danquah, 2015. "Political settlements, the deals environment and economic growth: The case of Ghana," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series esid-053-15, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Bresnahan, Lauren & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremy & Mogues, Tewodaj, 2016.
"Does Freer Trade Really Lead to Productivity Growth? Evidence from Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 18-29.
- Bresnahan, Lauren & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremey & Mogues, Tewodaj, 2013. "Does freer trade really lead to productivity growth?: Evidence from Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 1262, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bresnahan, Lauren R. & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremy & Mogues, Tewodaj, 2016. "Does Freer Trade Really Lead to Productivity Growth? Evidence from Africa," Staff Paper Series 583, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Edwards, Lawrence & Balchin, Neil, 2008. "Trade related business climate and manufacturing export performance in Africa: A firm-level analysis," MPRA Paper 32863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marianne Matthee & Neil Rankin & Tasha Naughtin & Carli Bezuidenhout, 2016. "The South African manufacturing exporter story," WIDER Working Paper Series 038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Brach, Juliane & Naudé, Wim, 2012. "International entrepreneurship and technological capabilities in the Middle East and North Africa," MERIT Working Papers 020, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Baptist, Simon & Teal, Francis, 2014. "Technology and Productivity in African Manufacturing Firms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 713-725.
- Mai Anh NGO, 2015. "Exporting and Firm-Level Credit Constraints-Evidence from Ghana," Working Papers DP-2015-27, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2011.
"Growth by Destination (Where You Export Matters): Trade with China and Growth in African Countries,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 23(2), pages 202-218.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2010. "Growth by Destination (Where you Export Matters): Trade with China and Growth in African Countries," ICER Working Papers 22-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Francis Teal, 2010. "Higher Education and Economic Development in Africa: a Review of Channels and Interactions," Economics Series Working Papers CSAE WPS/2010-25, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Edwards, Lawrence & Rankin, Neil A. & Schöer, Volker, 2008. "South African exporting firms: What do we know and what should we know?," MPRA Paper 16906, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hanh Vu Thi, 2015. "Essays on the Export Performance of Vietnam/Essais sur la Performance à l'Exportation du Vietnam," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/216765, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Walkenhorst, Peter & Cattaneo, Olivier, 2006. "Trade, Diversification and Growth in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 23735, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Lederman & Taye Mengistae & Lixin Colin Xu, 2013.
"Microeconomic consequences and macroeconomic causes of foreign direct investment in southern African economies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(25), pages 3637-3649, September.
- Lederman, Daniel & Mengistae, Taye & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2010. "Microeconomic consequences and macroeconomic causes of foreign direct investment in southern African economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5416, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2007. "Nigeria - Competitiveness and Growth : Country Economic Memorandum, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7824, The World Bank.
- Gozde Isik & Yutaka Yoshino, 2010. "Patterns of Foreign Direct Investment Flows and Trade-Investment Inter-Linkages in Southern Africa : Linking Middle-Income and Low-Income Neighbors," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12990, The World Bank.
- Alexander Krauss, 2015. "Creating and destroying jobs across East Asia Pacific: a country-level analysis on wages, exports, finance, regulation and infrastructure," IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Hoekstra, Ruth, 2013. "Boosting Manufacturing Firms' Exports? The role of trade facilitation in Africa," IEE Working Papers 197, Institut fuer Entwicklungsforschung und Entwicklungspolitik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum.
- Egbert, Henrik & Fischer, Gundula & Bredl, Sebastian, 2009. "Advertisements or friends? Formal and informal recruitment methods in Tanzania," Discussion Papers 46, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Paluku Kazimoto, 2014. "Assessment of Challenges facing Small and Medium Enterprises towards International Marketing Standards: a Case Study of Arusha Region Tanzania," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(2), pages 303-311, April.
- Marianne Matthee & Neil Rankin & Carli Bezuidenhout, 2017. "Labour demand and the distribution of wages in South African manufacturing exporters," WIDER Working Paper Series 011, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jafrec:v:15:y:2006:i:4:p:671-687. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .