South Africa’s inflation persistence: a quantile regression framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oka, Tatsushi & Qu, Zhongjun, 2011.
"Estimating structural changes in regression quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 248-267, June.
- Zhongjun Qu & Tatsushi Oka, 2010. "Estimating structural changes in regression quantiles," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2010-052, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Sebastiano Manzan & Dawit Zerom, 2015. "Asymmetric Quantile Persistence and Predictability: the Case of US Inflation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 77(2), pages 297-318, April.
- Faul, Joseph & Khumalo, Bridgette & Pashe, Mpho & Khuzwayo, Miranda & Banda, Kamogelo & Jali, Senzo & Myeni, Bathandekile & Pule, Retlaodirela & Mosito, Boitshoko & Jack, Lona-u-Thando & Phiri, Andrew, 2014. "Is South Africa's inflation target too persistent for monetary policy conduct?," MPRA Paper 58233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Todd E. Clark, 2006.
"Disaggregate evidence on the persistence of consumer price inflation,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 563-587.
- Todd E. Clark, 2003. "Disaggregate evidence on the persistence of consumer price inflation," Research Working Paper RWP 03-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Laxton, Douglas & Rose, David & Tambakis, Demosthenes, 1999. "The U.S. Phillips curve: The case for asymmetry," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1459-1485, September.
- Qu, Zhongjun, 2008. "Testing for structural change in regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 170-184, September.
- Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2004. "Unit Root Quantile Autoregression Inference," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 775-787, January.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Tsong, Ching-Chuan & Lee, Cheng-Feng, 2011. "Asymmetric inflation dynamics: Evidence from quantile regression analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 668-680.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation persistence; Quantile regression; Structural breaks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:50:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10644-016-9192-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.