Linking agricultural policies with obesity and noncommunicable diseases: A new perspective for a globalising world
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bradley J. Rickard & Abigail M. Okrent & Julian M. Alston, 2013.
"How Have Agricultural Policies Influenced Caloric Consumption In The United States?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 316-339, March.
- Rickard, Bradley J. & Okrent, Abigail M. & Alston, Julian M., 2011. "How have agricultural policies influenced caloric consumption in the United States?," Working Papers 126543, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H., 2008.
"Farm policies and added sugars in US diets,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 480-488, December.
- Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H., 2008. "Farm Policies and Added Sugars in US Diets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12872, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John C. Beghin & Helen H. Jensen, 2008. "Farm Policies and Added Sugars in US Diets," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp462, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Golan, Elise & Unnevehr, Laurian, 2008. "Food product composition, consumer health, and public policy: Introduction and overview of special section," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 465-469, December.
- Alston, Julian M. & Sumner, Daniel A. & Vosti, Stephen A., 2008. "Farm subsidies and obesity in the United States: National evidence and international comparisons," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 470-479, December.
- Kym Anderson, 2006.
"Reducing Distortions to Agricultural Incentives: Progress, Pitfalls, and Prospects,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1135-1146.
- Anderson, Kym, 2006. "Reducing distortions to agricultural incentives : progress, pitfalls, and prospects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4092, The World Bank.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Gulati, Ashok & Cummings, Ralph Jr., 2008. "From parastatals to private trade: Lessons from Asian agriculture," Issue briefs 50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Buzby, Jean C. & Farah, Hodan A., 2006. "Chicken Consumption Continues Longrun Rise," Amber Waves:The Economics of Food, Farming, Natural Resources, and Rural America, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, pages 1-1, April.
- Roeger, Edward & Leibtag, Ephraim S., 2011. "How Retail Beef and Bread Prices Respond to Changes in Ingredient and Input and Costs," Economic Research Report 102757, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ng, Shu Wen & Zhai, Fengying & Popkin, Barry M., 2008. "Impacts of China's edible oil pricing policy on nutrition," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 414-426, January.
- Miller, J. Corey & Coble, Keith H., 2007.
"Cheap food policy: Fact or rhetoric?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 98-111, February.
- James Miller & Keith Coble, 2005. "Cheap Food Policy: Fact or Rhetoric," Others 0506008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miller, James C. & Coble, Keith H., 2005. "Cheap Food Policy: Fact or Rhetoric?," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19310, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Rae, Allan N. & Zhong, Funing & Zhou, Yingheng & Geng, Xianhui, 2006. "China's Expanding Role in Global Horticultural Markets," 2006 Conference, August 24-25, 2006, Nelson, New Zealand 31963, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Persaud, Suresh Chand & Landes, Maurice R., 2007. "The Role of Policy and Industry Structure in India's Oilseed Markets," Economic Research Report 7218, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 2002. "Vertical Coordination Of Marketing Systems: Lessons From The Poultry, Egg, And Pork Industries," Agricultural Economics Reports 34051, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Khan, Mahmood Hasan, 2001. "Agricultural taxation in developing countries: a survey of issues and policy," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 315-328, March.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999.
"U.S. Food and Nutrient Demand and the Effects of Agricultural Policies,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt52h9v4dq, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999. "U.S. Food and Nutrient Demand and the Effects of Agricultural Policies," CUDARE Working Papers 25007, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999. "U.S. Food and Nutrient Demand and the Effects of Agricultural Policies," New Economic Approaches to Consumer Welfare and Nutrition - FAMC 1999 Conference 260289, Food and Agricultural Marketing Consortium (FAMC).
- repec:ags:uersfr:266224 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tengku Ahmad, Tengku Mohd Ariff & Tawang, Ariffin, 1999. "Effects of Trade Liberalization on Agriculture in Malaysia: Commodity Aspects," Working Papers 32694, United Nations Centre for Alleviation of Poverty Through Secondary Crops' Development in Asia and the Pacific (CAPSA).
- Delgado, Christopher L., 1995. "Africa's changing agricultural development strategies: past and present paradigms as a guide to the future," 2020 vision discussion papers 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Osborne, Stefan & Trueblood, Michael A., 2002. "Agricultural Productivity And Efficiency In Russia And Ukraine: Building On A Decade Of Reform," Agricultural Economics Reports 33937, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Byerlee, Derek & Sain, Gustavo, 1991. "Relative food prices under structural adjustment: Preliminary findings from Latin America," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 74-84, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:143-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samoggia, Antonella & Arvola, Anne & Bertazzoli, Aldo & Gurinovic, Mirjana & Hendrixson, Vaiva & Rivarolifi, Sergio & Ruggeri, Arianna, 2014. "Offering Low-Cost Healthy Food: an Exploration of Food Manufacturers’ and Retailers’ Perspectives," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1-32, November.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9781-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bimbo, Francesco & Viscecchia, Rosaria & Nardone, Gianluca, 2012. "Does the alternative food supply network affect the human health?," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126060, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:ags:ifaamr:264244 is not listed on IDEAS
- Walls, Helen L. & Cornelsen, Laura & Lock, Karen & Smith, Richard D., 2016. "How much priority is given to nutrition and health in the EU Common Agricultural Policy?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 12-23.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:3:p:721-:d:201981 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bradley Ridoutt & Danielle Baird & Kathryn Bastiaans & Ross Darnell & Gilly Hendrie & Malcolm Riley & Peerasak Sanguansri & Julie Syrette & Manny Noakes & Brian Keating, 2017. "Australia’s nutritional food balance: situation, outlook and policy implications," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(2), pages 211-226, April.
- de la Peña, I. & Garrett, J. & Gelli, A., 2018. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 30 - Nutrition-sensitive value chains from a smallholder perspective: a framework for project design," IFAD Research Series 280079, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Gelli, Aulo & Hawkes, Corinna & Donovan, Jason & Harris, Jody & Allen, Summer L. & de Brauw, Alan & Henson, Spencer & Johnson, Nancy L. & Garrett, James & Ryckembusch, David, 2015. "Value chains and nutrition: A framework to support the identification, design, and evaluation of interventions:," IFPRI discussion papers 1413, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Martha McMahon, 2013. "What Food is to be Kept Safe and for Whom? Food-Safety Governance in an Unsafe Food System," Laws, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(4), pages 1-27, October.
- Omamo, S. W., 2016. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 6 - Why food and nutrition security matters for inclusive structural and rural transformation," IFAD Research Series 280044, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:118:y:2019:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maestre, Mar & Poole, Nigel & Henson, Spencer, 2017. "Assessing food value chain pathways, linkages and impacts for better nutrition of vulnerable groups," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 31-39.
- Libby Hattersley, 2013. "Agri-food system transformations and diet-related chronic disease in Australia: a nutrition-oriented value chain approach," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(2), pages 299-309, June.
- Bimbo, Francesco & Bonanno, Alessandro & Nardone, Gianluca & Viscecchia, Rosaria, 2015. "The Hidden Benefits of Short Food Supply Chains: Farmers’ Markets Density and Body Mass Index in Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 18(1), pages 1-16, February.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:160:y:2018:i:c:p:124-131 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural policy; Diet; Non-communicable diseases; Obesity; Globalisation; Food systems; Food supply chains; Food policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:3:p:343-353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.