Economic Instruments for Obesity Prevention: Results of a Scoping Review and Modified Delphi Survey
Comprehensive, multi-level approaches are required to address obesity. One important target for intervention is the economic domain. The purpose of this study was to synthesize existing evidence regarding the impact of economic policies targeting obesity and its causal behaviours (diet, physical activity), and to make specific recommendations for the Canadian context.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia|
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/eco/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/eco/research/papers/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jason Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2009.
"The Effects of Soft Drink Taxes on Child and Adolescent Consumption and Weight Outcomes,"
0908, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Fletcher, Jason M. & Frisvold, David E. & Tefft, Nathan, 2010. "The effects of soft drink taxes on child and adolescent consumption and weight outcomes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 967-974, December.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009.
"Salience and taxation: theory and evidence,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2009-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2007. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 13330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Looney, Adam & Kroft, Kory & Chetty, Raj, 2009. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," Scholarly Articles 9748525, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David O. Meltzer & Zhuo Chen, 2009.
"The Impact of Minimum Wage Rates on Body Weight in the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
15485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David O. Meltzer & Zhuo Chen, 2011. "The Impact of Minimum Wage Rates on Body Weight in the United States," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Aspects of Obesity, pages 17-34 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sue H. Mialon, 2014.
"Product Bundling And Incentives For Mergers And Strategic Alliances,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 562-575, 04.
- Sue Mialon, 2009. "Product-bundling and Incentives for Merger and Strategic Alliance," Emory Economics 0907, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Inas Rashad, 2006.
"Structural Estimation of Caloric Intake, Exercise, Smoking, and Obesity,"
NBER Working Papers
11957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rashad, Inas, 2006. "Structural estimation of caloric intake, exercise, smoking, and obesity," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 268-283, May.
- John C. Beghin & Helen H. Jensen, 2008.
"Farm Policies and Added Sugars in US Diets,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
08-wp462, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Blisard, Noel & Stewart, Hayden & Jolliffe, Dean, 2004.
"Low-Income Households' Expenditures on Fruits and Vegetables,"
Agricultural Information Bulletins
33755, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Blisard, Noel & Stewart, Hayden & Jolliffe, Dean, 2004. "Low-Income Households' Expenditures On Fruits And Vegetables," Agricultural Economics Reports 34041, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 2005.
"Optimal Sin Taxes,"
784828000000000346, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Dana Goldman & Darius Lakdawalla & Yuhui Zheng, 2009.
"Food Prices and the Dynamics of Body Weight,"
NBER Working Papers
15096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason M. Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2008.
"Can Soft Drink Taxes Reduce Population Weight?,"
0808, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Powell, Lisa M., 2009. "Fast food costs and adolescent body mass index: Evidence from panel data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 963-970, September.
- Craig A. Gallet & John A. List, 2003. "Cigarette demand: a meta-analysis of elasticities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 821-835.
- James Miller & Keith Coble, 2005.
"Cheap Food Policy: Fact or Rhetoric,"
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2011-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.