Nudging parental health behavior with and without children's pestering power: Fat tax, subsidy or both?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Georgia S. Papoutsi & Rodolfo M. Nayga & Panagiotis Lazaridis & Andreas C. Drichoutis, 2013. "Nudging parental health behavior with and without children's pestering power: Fat tax, subsidy or both?," Working Papers 2013-5, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
- Papoutsi, Georgia S. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. Jr. & Lazaridis, Panagiotis & Drichoutis, Andreas C., 2014. "Nudging parental health behavior with and without children's pestering power: fat tax, subsidy or both?," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182864, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fletcher, Jason M. & Frisvold, David E. & Tefft, Nathan, 2010.
"The effects of soft drink taxes on child and adolescent consumption and weight outcomes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 967-974, December.
- Jason Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2009. "The Effects of Soft Drink Taxes on Child and Adolescent Consumption and Weight Outcomes," Emory Economics 0908, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Salois, Matthew J. & Tiffin, J. Richard, 2010. "The Health Effects Of A Fiscal Food Policy," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116394, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Smith, Travis A. & Biing-Hwan, Lin & Lee, Jonq-Ying, 2010. "Taxing Caloric Sweetened Beverages: Potential Effects on Beverage Consumption, Calorie Intake, and Obesity," Economic Research Report 95465, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Gregory Lewis, 2011. "Asymmetric Information, Adverse Selection and Online Disclosure: The Case of eBay Motors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1535-1546, June.
- Dana Goldman & Darius Lakdawalla & Yuhui Zheng, 2011. "Food Prices and the Dynamics of Body Weight," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Aspects of Obesity, pages 65-90 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schroeter, Christiane & Lusk, Jayson & Tyner, Wallace, 2008. "Determining the impact of food price and income changes on body weight," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 45-68, January.
- Lin, Biing-Hwan & Smith, Travis A. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Hall, Kevin D., 2011. "Measuring weight outcomes for obesity intervention strategies: The case of a sugar-sweetened beverage tax," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 329-341.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.151415_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- L. Pieroni & D. Lanari & L. Salmasi, 2013.
"Food prices and overweight patterns in Italy,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(1), pages 133-151, February.
- Pieroni, Luca & Lanari, Donatella & Salmasi, Luca, 2010. "Food Prices and Overweight Patterns in Italy," MPRA Paper 23744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luca Pieroni & Donatella Lanari & Luca Salmasi, 2010. "Food Prices and Overweight Patterns in Italy," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_40, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:1:112-117_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dong, Diansheng & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2009. "Fruit and Vegetable Consumption by Low-Income Americans: Would a Price Reduction Make a Difference?," Economic Research Report 55835, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Gro Steine & Kari Kolstad, 2006. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for the Color of Salmon: A Choice Experiment with Real Economic Incentives," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), pages 1050-1061.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387.
- David Hensher & William Greene, 2003. "The Mixed Logit model: The state of practice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 133-176, May.
- Salois, Matthew J. & Tiffin, J. Richard, 2011. "The Impacts of Fat Taxes and Thin Subsidies on Nutrient Intakes," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108789, Agricultural Economics Society.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:6:854-857_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Ashraf, Nava & Jack, B. Kelsey & Kamenica, Emir, 2013. "Information and subsidies: Complements or substitutes?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 133-139.
- Jason M. Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2010. "Can Soft Drink Taxes Reduce Population Weight?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 23-35, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:7:1121-1126_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alfnes, Frode & Guttormsen, Atle G. & Steine, Gro & Kolstad, Kari, 2005. "Consumers' Willingness To Pay For The Color Of Salmon:A Choice Experiment With Real Economic Incentives," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19126, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:12:1673-1677_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alfnes, Frode & Guttormsen, Atle G. & Steine, Gro & Kolstad, Kari, 2006. "Ajae Appendix: Consumersâ€™ Willingness To Pay For The Color Of Salmon: A Choice Experiment With Real Economic Incentives," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), November.
More about this item
KeywordsChoice experiment; Fat tax; Subsidy; Information; Pestering power;
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I0 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:52324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .