Measuring weight outcomes for obesity intervention strategies: The case of a sugar-sweetened beverage tax
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fletcher, Jason M. & Frisvold, David E. & Tefft, Nathan, 2010.
"The effects of soft drink taxes on child and adolescent consumption and weight outcomes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 967-974, December.
- Jason Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2009. "The Effects of Soft Drink Taxes on Child and Adolescent Consumption and Weight Outcomes," Emory Economics 0908, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Jason M. Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2010. "Can Soft Drink Taxes Reduce Population Weight?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 23-35, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.083782_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dharmasena, Senarath & Capps, Oral, Jr., 2010. "On Taxing Sugar-Sweetened Beverages to Combat the Obesity Problem," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61322, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Schroeter, Christiane & Lusk, Jayson & Tyner, Wallace, 2008. "Determining the impact of food price and income changes on body weight," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 45-68, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.151415_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mancino, Lisa & Todd, Jessica & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2009. "Separating what we eat from where: Measuring the effect of food away from home on diet quality," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 557-562, December.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1975. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Singular Equation Systems with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 937-957, Sept.-Nov.
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Piggott, Nicholas E., 2001. "Incorporating demand shifters in the Almost Ideal demand system," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 73-78, January.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:6:854-857_7 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gao, Zhifeng & Yu, Xiaohua & Lee, Jonq-Ying, 2013.
"Consumer demand for diet quality: evidence from the healthy eating index,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 3).
- Zhifeng Gao & Xiaohua Yu & Jonq-Ying Lee, 2013. "Consumer demand for diet quality: evidence from the healthy eating index," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(3), pages 301-319, July.
- Greve, Jane & Heinesen, Eskil, 2015. "Evaluating the impact of a school-based health intervention using a randomized field experiment," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 41-56.
- Dharmasena, Senarath & Davis, George & Capps, Oral, Jr., 2014. "Partial versus General Equilibrium Calorie and Revenue Effects Associated with a Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Tax," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-17.
- Harding, Matthew & Lovenheim, Michael, 2017.
"The effect of prices on nutrition: Comparing the impact of product- and nutrient-specific taxes,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 53-71.
- Matthew Harding & Michael Lovenheim, 2014. "The Effect of Prices on Nutrition: Comparing the Impact of Product- and Nutrient-Specific Taxes," NBER Working Papers 19781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Harding & Michael Lovenheim, 2014. "The Effect of Prices on Nutrition: Comparing the Impact of Product- and Nutrient-Specific Taxes," Discussion Papers 13-023, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Garciá-Germán, Sol & Romeo, Alessandro & Magrini, Emiliano & Balilé, Jean, 2016.
"The impact of food price shocks on weight loss: Evidence from the adult population of Tanzania,"
Department of Agricultural and Rural Development (DARE) Discussion Papers
260778, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- García-Germán, Sol & Romeo, Alessandro & Magrini, Emiliano & Balié, Jean, 2016. "The impact of food price shocks on weight loss: Evidence from the adult population of Tanzania," DARE Discussion Papers 1611, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Joan Gil & Guillem López Casasnovas & Toni Mora, 2013. "Taxation of unhealthy consumption of food and drinks: An updated literature review," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 207(4), pages 119-140, December.
- Massimo Bordignon & Di Xiang & Lue Zhan, 2018. "Predicting the Effects of a Sugar Sweetened Beverage Tax in a Household Production Model," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def075, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- Kumcu, Aylin & Okrent, Abigail M ., 2014. "Methodology for the Quarterly Food-Away-From-Home Prices Data," Technical Bulletins 184292, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Zhen, Chen & Brissette, Ian & Ruff, Ryan, 2013. "By Ounce or By Calorie: The Different Effects of Alternative Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Tax Strategies," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150194, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Papoutsi, Georgia & Nayga, Rodolfo & Lazaridis, Panagiotis & Drichoutis, Andreas, 2013.
"Nudging parental health behavior with and without children's pestering power: Fat tax, subsidy or both?,"
52324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Papoutsi, Georgia S. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. Jr. & Lazaridis, Panagiotis & Drichoutis, Andreas C., 2014. "Nudging parental health behavior with and without children's pestering power: fat tax, subsidy or both?," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182864, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Georgia S. Papoutsi & Rodolfo M. Nayga & Panagiotis Lazaridis & Andreas C. Drichoutis, 2013. "Nudging parental health behavior with and without children's pestering power: Fat tax, subsidy or both?," Working Papers 2013-5, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
- García-Altés, Anna, 2013. "Aportaciones de la economía del comportamiento en política sanitaria: Algunas notas en torno al ejemplo de la obesidad/Contributions of Behavioral Economics in Health Policy: Some Notes Around the Exa," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 31, pages 445-454, Septiembr.
- Finkelstein, Eric A. & Zhen, Chen & Bilger, Marcel & Nonnemaker, James & Farooqui, Assad M. & Todd, Jessica E., 2013. "Implications of a sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) tax when substitutions to non-beverage items are considered," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 219-239.
- Rhodes, Charles, 2012. "A Dynamic Model of Failure to Maximize Utility in the Chronic Consumer Choice to Consume Foods High in Added Sugars," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124693, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:ags:jloagb:266965 is not listed on IDEAS
- Di Xiang & Lue Zhan & Massimo Bordignon, 2018. "A Reconsideration of the Sugar Sweetened Beverage Tax in a Household Production Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 7087, CESifo Group Munich.
- Radwan, Amr & Gil, José M., 2014. "On the Nexus between Economic and Obesity Crisis in Spain: Parametric and Nonparametric Analysis of the Role of Economic Factors on Obesity Prevalence," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 170341, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Muth, Mary K. & Sweitzer, Megan & Brown, Derick & Capogrossi, Kristen & Karns, Shawn A. & Levin, David & Okrent, Abigail & Siegel, Peter & Zhen, Chen, 2016. "Understanding IRI Household-Based and Store-Based Scanner Data," Technical Bulletins 234905, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Liu, Yaqin & Ferreira, Susana & Colson, Gregory & Wetzstein, Michael, 2013. "Obesity and Counseling," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149947, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mandal, Bidisha & Powell, Lisa M., 2014. "Child care choices, food intake, and children's obesity status in the United States," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 50-61.
- Arteaga, Julio Cesar & Flores, Daniel & Luna, Edgar, 2017. "The effect of a soft-drink tax in Mexico: a time series approach," MPRA Paper 80831, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin, Biing-Hwan & Dong, Diansheng & Carlson, Andrea & Rahkovsky, Ilya, 2017. "Potential dietary outcomes of changing relative prices of healthy and less healthy foods: The case of ready-to-eat breakfast cereals," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 77-88.
- Jou, Judy & Techakehakij, Win, 2012. "International application of sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) taxation in obesity reduction: Factors that may influence policy effectiveness in country-specific contexts," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 83-90.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:86-100 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBeverage demand; Sugar-sweetened beverage tax; Obesity; Calorie-to-weight;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol:v:9:y:2011:i:4:p:329-341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.