Combining Stated and Revealed Preferences on Typical Food Products: The Case of Dry‐Cured Ham in Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- van Ittersum, Koert & Candel, Math J. J. M. & Meulenberg, Matthew T. G., 2003. "The influence of the image of a product's region of origin on product evaluation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 215-226, March.
- Ivo A. van der Lans & Koert van Ittersum & Antonella De Cicco, 2001. "The role of the region of origin and EU certificates of origin in consumer evaluation of food products," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 451-478, December.
- Ahern, Aoife A. & Tapley, Nigel, 2008. "The use of stated preference techniques to model modal choices on interurban trips in Ireland," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 15-27, January.
- Koert Van Ittersum & Matthew T. G. Meulenberg & Hans C. M. Van Trijp & Math J. J. M. Candel, 2007. "Consumers’ Appreciation of Regional Certification Labels: A Pan-European Study," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Luisa Menapace & Gregory Colson & Carola Grebitus & Maria Facendola, 2011.
"Consumers' preferences for geographical origin labels: evidence from the Canadian olive oil market,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 193-212, June.
- Menapace, Luisa & Colson, Gregory & Grebitus, Carola & Facendola, Maria, 2008. "Consumer preferences for extra virgin olive oil with country-of-origin and geographical indication labels in Canada," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6430, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Menapace, Luisa & Colson, Gregory J. & Grebitus, Carola & Facendola, Maria, 2009. "Consumer Preferences for Country-Of-Origin, Geographical Indication, and Protected Designation of Origin Labels," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13122, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Broussolle, Damien, 2005. "Internal consistency of choice, Sen and the spirit of revealed preferences: A behaviorist approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 605-620, October.
- Lai, Maria Bonaria & Del Giudice, Teresa & Pomarici, Eugenio, 2008. "Unobserved heterogeneity in the wine market: an analysis on Sardinian wine via Mixed Logit," Working Papers 45502, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Sheppard, Blair H & Hartwick, Jon & Warshaw, Paul R, 1988. " The Theory of Reasoned Action: A Meta-analysis of Past Research with Recommendations for Modifications and Future Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 325-343, December.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555.
- Riccardo Scarpa & George Philippidis & Fiorenza Spalatro, 2005. "Product-country images and preference heterogeneity for Mediterranean food products: A discrete choice framework," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 329-349.
- Brownstone, David & Bunch, David S. & Train, Kenneth, 2000.
"Joint mixed logit models of stated and revealed preferences for alternative-fuel vehicles,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 315-338, June.
- Brownston, David & Bunch, David S. & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Joint mixed logit models of stated and revealed preferences for alternative-fuel vehicles," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt7rf7s3nx, University of California Transportation Center.
- Brownstone, David & Bunch, David S & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Joint mixed logit models of stated and revealed preferences for alternative-fuel vehicles," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt45f996hh, University of California Transportation Center.
- Maria L. Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2003. "Are Stated Preferences Good Predictors of Market Behavior?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(1), pages 44-45.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Ted C. Schroeder, 2004.
"Are Choice Experiments Incentive Compatible? A Test with Quality Differentiated Beef Steaks,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 467-482.
- Jayson Lusk & Ted Schroeder, 2004. "Are choice experiments incentive compatible? A test with quality differentiated beef steaks," Artefactual Field Experiments 00096, The Field Experiments Website.
- Jeff Bennett & Russell Blamey (ed.), 2001. "The Choice Modelling Approach to Environmental Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2028.
- Adamowicz W. & Louviere J. & Williams M., 1994.
"Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-292, May.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Louviere, J. & Willians, M., 1992. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities," Staff Paper Series 232531, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Frode Alfnes & Kyrre Rickertsen, 2007. "Extrapolating experimental-auction results using a stated choice survey," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(3), pages 345-363, September.
- Deacue Fields & Walt Prevatt, 2008. "An Incentive Compatible Conjoint Ranking Mechanism," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 487-498.
- Céline Bonnet, 2001. "Assessing consumer response to Protected Designation of Origin labelling: a mixed multinomial logit approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 433-450, December.
- Espino, Raquel & de Dios Ortúzar, Juan & Román, Concepción, 2007. "Understanding suburban travel demand: Flexible modelling with revealed and stated choice data," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 899-912, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirsten, Johann F. & Vermeulen, Hester & Van Zyl, Karlien & Du Randt, Gerrie & Du Plessis, H. & Weissnar, Tessa, 2012. "The economic potential for an origin based marketing and certification system for a meat product in South Africa: Perceptions, preferences, and experiments," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125764, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:3:p:796-:d:203208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Resano, Helena & Sanjuán, Ana I. & Albisu, Luis M., 2012. "Consumers’ response to the EU Quality policy allowing for heterogeneous preferences," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 355-365.
- repec:ags:ijofsd:254123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garavaglia, Christian & Mariani, Paolo, 2015. "How Much Do Consumers Value PDO Certifications? Estimates of WTP for PDO Dry-Cured Ham in Italy," 145th Seminar, April 14-15, 2015, Parma, Italy 200376, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schuster, Monica & Vranken, Liesbet & Maertens, Miet, 2017.
"You can(’t) always get the job you want: stated versus revealed employment preferences in the Peruvian agro-industry,"
IOB Working Papers
2017.04, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Schuster, Monica & Vranken, Liesbet & Maertens, Miet, 2017. "You Can(’t) Always Get the Job You Want: Stated versus Revealed Employment Preferences in the Peruvian Agro-industry," Working Papers 254076, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Francesca Gerini & Frode Alfnes & Alexander Schjøll, 2016. "Organic- and Animal Welfare-labelled Eggs: Competing for the Same Consumers?," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 471-490, June.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Bimbo, Francesco & Costanigro, Marco & VIscecchia, Rosaria, 2018. "Do Geographic Indication Labels Pay off? Estimating GI’s implicit Price Dispersion in the Italian EVOO Market," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274203, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:61:y:2010:i:3:p:480-498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.