Do Geographic Indication Labels Pay off? Estimating GI’s implicit Price Dispersion in the Italian EVOO Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jianyu Yu & Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache, 2016.
"Production standards, competition and vertical relationship,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 79-111.
- Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra & Jianyu, Yu, 2013. "Production Standards, Competition and Vertical Relationship," TSE Working Papers 13-417, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Velma Zahirovic-Herbert & Swarn Chatterjee, 2012.
"Historic Preservation and Residential Property Values: Evidence from Quantile Regression,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(2), pages 369-382, February.
- Velma Zahirovic-Herbert & Swarn Chatterjee, 2011. "Historic Preservation and Residential Property Values: Evidence From Quantile Regression," ERES eres2011_34, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Park, Timothy A., 2015. "Direct Marketing and the Structure of Farm Sales: An Unconditional Quantile Regression Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 1-19, May.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:199-211 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Sckokai & Claudio Soregaroli & Daniele Moro, 2013. "Estimating Market Power by Retailers in a Dynamic Framework: the Italian PDO Cheese Market," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 33-53, February.
- Maria Luz Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey, 2000. "Assessing consumer response to protected geographical identification labeling," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 309-320.
- repec:cup:jagaec:v:50:y:2018:i:04:p:453-477_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Christopher Goemans, 2010. "The Economics of Nested Names: Name Specificity, Reputations, and Price Premia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1339-1350.
- Sckokai, Paolo & Soregaroli, Claudio & Moro, Daniele, 2012. "Estimating Market Power By Retailers In A Dynamic Framework: The Case Of The Italian Pdo Cheese Market," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126703, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:44:y:2017:i:4:p:658-682. is not listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Bonroy & Christos Constantatos, 2008. "On the use of labels in credence goods markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 237-252, June.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:44:y:2017:i:4:p:634-657. is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Hassan & Sylvette Monier-Dilhan, 2006. "National brands and store brands: Competition through public quality labels," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 21-30.
- Vecchio, Riccardo & Annunziata, Azzurra, 2011. "The role of PDO/PGI labelling in Italian consumers’ food choices," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(2).
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2007. "Segmenting the Wine Market Based on Price: Hedonic Regression when Different Prices mean Different Products," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 454-466, September.
- Fran çois-Charles Wolff, 2015. "Does price dispersion increase with quality? Evidence from the online diamond market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(55), pages 5996-6009, November.
- Caracciolo, Francesco & D’Amico, Mario & Di Vita, Giuseppe & Pomarici, Eugenio & Dal Bianco, Andrea & Cembalo, Luigi, 2016. "Private vs. Collective Wine Reputation," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 19(3), pages 1-20, August.
- repec:wly:japmet:v:24:y:2009:i:7:p:1117-1135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Resano, Helena & Sanjuán, Ana I. & Albisu, Luis M., 2012. "Consumers’ response to the EU Quality policy allowing for heterogeneous preferences," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 355-365.
- Marco Costanigro & Ron C. Mittelhammer & Jill J. McCluskey, 2009.
"Estimating class‐specific parametric models under class uncertainty: local polynomial regression clustering in an hedonic analysis of wine markets,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 1117-1135, November.
- Marco Costanigro & Ron C. Mittelhammer & Jill J. McCluskey, 2009. "Estimating class-specific parametric models under class uncertainty: local polynomial regression clustering in an hedonic analysis of wine markets," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 1117-1135.
- Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2011.
"An empirical model of search with vertically differentiated products,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 42(4), pages 729-757, December.
- Matthijs R Wildenbeest, 2009. "An Empirical Model of Search with Vertically Differentiated Products," Working Papers 2009-01, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Helena Resano‐Ezcaray & Ana Isabel Sanjuán‐López & Luis Miguel Albisu‐Aguado, 2010. "Combining Stated and Revealed Preferences on Typical Food Products: The Case of Dry‐Cured Ham in Spain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 480-498, September.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:43:y:2016:i:5:p:761-780. is not listed on IDEAS
- Waltl, Sofie R., 2018.
"Estimating quantile-specific rental yields for residential housing in Sydney,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 204-225.
- Sofie R. Waltl, 2016. "Estimating aggregate quantile-specific gross rental yields for residential housing in Sydney," Graz Economics Papers 2016-09, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily Zietz & G. Sirmans, 2008.
"Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 317-333, November.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily N. Zietz & G. Stacy Sirmans., 2007. "Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 200706, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Matthew Lewis, 2008. "Price Dispersion And Competition With Differentiated Sellers," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 654-678, September.
- Ludo Peeters & Eloi Schreurs & Steven Passel, 2017. "Heterogeneous Impact of Soil Contamination on Farmland Prices in the Belgian Campine Region: Evidence from Unconditional Quantile Regressions," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 66(1), pages 135-168, January.
- Bijan J. Borah & Anirban Basu, 2013. "Highlighting Differences Between Conditional And Unconditional Quantile Regression Approaches Through An Application To Assess Medication Adherence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(9), pages 1052-1070, September.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial Org./Supply Chain Management; Food and Agricultural Marketing; Demand and Price Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-10-08 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea18:274203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.