Highlighting Differences Between Conditional And Unconditional Quantile Regression Approaches Through An Application To Assess Medication Adherence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Willard G. & Basu, Anirban & Mullahy, John, 2005.
"Generalized modeling approaches to risk adjustment of skewed outcomes data,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 465-488, May.
- Willard G. Manning & Anirban Basu & John Mullahy, 2003. "Generalized Modeling Approaches to Risk Adjustment of Skewed Outcomes Data," Working Papers 0313, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Willard G. Manning & Anirban Basu & John Mullahy, 2003. "Generalized Modeling Approaches to Risk Adjustment of Skewed Outcomes Data," NBER Technical Working Papers 0293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2009.
"Unconditional Quantile Regressions,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 953-973, May.
- SErgio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2006. "Unconditional Quantile Regressions," Textos para discussão 533, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Sergio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2007. "Unconditional Quantile Regressions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manning, Willard G. & Blumberg, Linda & Moulton, Lawrence H., 1995. "The demand for alcohol: The differential response to price," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 123-148, June.
- Jason Abrevaya, 2001. "The effects of demographics and maternal behavior on the distribution of birth outcomes," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 247-257.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Graham, Bryan S. & Hahn, Jinyong & Poirier, Alexandre & Powell, James L., 2018.
"A quantile correlated random coefficients panel data model,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 206(2), pages 305-335.
- Bryan S. Graham & Jinyong Hahn & Alexandre Poirier & James L. Powell, 2016. "A quantile correlated random coefficients panel data model," CeMMAP working papers CWP34/16, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Waltl, Sofie R., 2018.
"Estimating quantile-specific rental yields for residential housing in Sydney,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 204-225.
- Sofie R. Waltl, 2016. "Estimating aggregate quantile-specific gross rental yields for residential housing in Sydney," Graz Economics Papers 2016-09, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Javier Alejo & Maria Florencia Gabrielli & Walter Sosa-Escudero, 2014.
"The Distributive Effects of Education: An Unconditional Quantile Regression Approach,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business, vol. 29(1), pages 53-76, April.
- Javier Alejo & María Florencia Gabrielli & Walter Sosa Escudero, 2011. "The distributive Effects of Education: An Unconditional Quantile Regression Approach," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0125, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Alejo, Javier & Gabrielli, Florencia & Sosa Escudero, Walter, 2011. "The distributive effects of education: an unconditional quantile regression approach," MPRA Paper 42933, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Iván Fernández-Val & Blaise Melly, 0. "Fast algorithms for the quantile regression process," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-27.
- RAMDANI, Dendi & VAN WITTELOOSTUIJN, Arjen, 2009. "Board independence, CEO duality and firm performance: A quantile regression analysis for Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea and Thailand," Working Papers 2009004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- El Moctar LAGHLAL, 2018. "Decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Mauritania," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2587, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Collischon Matthias, 2019.
"Is There a Glass Ceiling over Germany?,"
German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 20(4), pages 329-359, December.
- Wang, Wen & Lien, Donald, 2018. "Union membership, union coverage and wage dispersion of rural migrants: Evidence from Suzhou industrial sector," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 96-113.
- Akwasi Ampofo, 2021. "Oil at work: natural resource effects on household well-being in Ghana," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 1013-1058, February.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2007. "Glass Ceiling or Sticky Floor? Examining the Gender Pay Gap across the Wage Distribution in Urban China, 1987-2004," MPRA Paper 3544, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shantanu Khanna & Deepti Goel & René Morissette, 2016.
"Decomposition analysis of earnings inequality in rural India: 2004–2012,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-26, December.
- Shantanu Khanna, Deepti Goel, and René Morissette, 2015. "Decomposition Analysis Of Earnings Inequality In Rural India 2004-2012," Working papers 250, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Khanna, Shantanu & Goel, Deepti & Morissette, René, 2016. "Decomposition Analysis of Earnings Inequality in Rural India: 2004-2012," IZA Discussion Papers 9974, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Shantanu Khanna & Deepti Goel & RenÃ© Morissette, 2016. "Employment and Earnings in Rural India: 2004-2012," Working Papers id:10541, eSocialSciences.
- Zhu, Rong, 2016. "Wage differentials between urban residents and rural migrants in urban China during 2002–2007: A distributional analysis," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 2-14.
- Thomas Grandner & Dieter Gstach, 2015. "Decomposing wage discrimination in Germany and Austria with counterfactual densities," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 49-76, February.
- Domenico Depalo & Raffaela Giordano & Evangelia Papapetrou, 2015.
"Public–private wage differentials in euro-area countries: evidence from quantile decomposition analysis,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 985-1015, November.
- Domenico Depalo & Raffaela Giordano & Evangelia Papapetrou, 2013. "Public-private wage differentials in euro area countries: evidence from quantile decomposition analysis," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 907, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Maloney, William F. & Sarrias, Mauricio, 2017.
"Convergence to the managerial frontier,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 284-306.
- William F. Maloney & Mauricio Sarrias, 2014. "Convergence to the Managerial Frontier," Documentos CEDE 011946, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Maloney, William F. & Sarrias, Mauricio, 2014. "Convergence to the managerial frontier," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6822, The World Bank.
- Maloney, William F. & Sarrias, Mauricio, 2014. "Convergence to the Managerial Frontier," IZA Discussion Papers 8272, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rosalia Castellano & Gaetano Musella & Gennaro Punzo, 2019. "Exploring changes in the employment structure and wage inequality in Western Europe using the unconditional quantile regression," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 249-304, May.
- VAN KERM Philippe & YU Seunghee & CHOE Chung, 2014. "Wage differentials between native, immigrant and cross-border workers: Evidence and model comparisons," LISER Working Paper Series 2014-05, LISER.
- Huong Thu Le & Alison L. Booth, 2014.
"Inequality in Vietnamese Urban–Rural Living Standards, 1993–2006,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 862-886, December.
- Le, Huong Thu & Booth, Alison L., 2010. "Inequality in Vietnamese Urban-Rural Living Standards, 1993-2006," IZA Discussion Papers 4987, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Booth, Alison L & Le, Huong Thu, 2010. "Inequality in Vietnamese Urban-Rural Living Standards, 1993-2006," CEPR Discussion Papers 7918, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nataraj, Shanthi, 2011. "The impact of trade liberalization on productivity: Evidence from India's formal and informal manufacturing sectors," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 292-301.
- Jones, A. & Lomas, J. & Rice, N., 2014. "Going Beyond the Mean in Healthcare Cost Regressions: a Comparison of Methods for Estimating the Full Conditional Distribution," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 14/26, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:22:y:2013:i:9:p:1052-1070. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.