Towards a differentiated modeling of origin effects in hedonic analysis: An application to auction prices of specialty coffee
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Teuber, Ramona & Herrmann, Roland, 2012. "Towards a Differentiated Modelling of Origin Effects in Hedonic Analysis:An Application to Auction Prices of Specialty Coffee," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126235, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maria Luz Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey, 2000. "Assessing consumer response to protected geographical identification labeling," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 309-320.
- Marco Costanigro & Craig A. Bond & Jill J. McCluskey, 2012. "Reputation Leaders, Quality Laggards: Incentive Structure in Markets with Both Private and Collective Reputations," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 245-264, June.
- Jason A. Winfree & Jill J. McCluskey, 2005. "Collective Reputation and Quality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 206-213.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily Zietz & G. Sirmans, 2008.
"Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 317-333, November.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily N. Zietz & G. Stacy Sirmans., 2007. "Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 200706, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Oberthür, Thomas & Läderach, Peter & Posada, Huver & Fisher, Myles J. & Samper, Luis F. & Illera, Julia & Collet, Laure & Moreno, Edgar & Alarcón, Rodrigo & Villegas, Andres & Usma, Herman & Perez, Ca, 2011. "Regional relationships between inherent coffee quality and growing environment for denomination of origin labels in Nariño and Cauca, Colombia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 783-794.
- G¸nter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, September.
- M. Laura Donnet & Dave D. Weatherspoon & John P. Hoehn, 2008.
"Price determinants in top-quality e-auctioned specialty coffees,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 267-276, May.
- Donnet, M. Laura & Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Hoehn, John P., 2007. "Price Determinants in Top Quality E-Auctioned Specialty Coffees," Staff Papers 9310, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- John W. Haeger & Karl Storchmann, 2006. "Prices of American Pinot Noir wines: climate, craftsmanship, critics," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 67-78, July.
- Teuber, Ramona, 2009. "CafÃ© de Marcala - Honduras' GI Approach to Achieving Reputation in the Coffee Market," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(1).
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Christopher Goemans, 2010. "The Economics of Nested Names: Name Specificity, Reputations, and Price Premia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1339-1350.
- Christer Thrane, 2009. "Explaining variation in wine prices: the battle between objective and sensory attributes revisited," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(13), pages 1383-1386.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2007. "Segmenting the Wine Market Based on Price: Hedonic Regression when Different Prices mean Different Products," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 454-466, September.
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 1997. "The Use of Quality and Reputation Indicators by Consumers: The Case of Bordeaux Wine," MPRA Paper 9283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Teuber, Ramona, 2007.
"Geographical Indications of Origin as a Tool of Product Differentiation : The Case of Coffee,"
33, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Teuber, Ramona, 2007. "Geographical Indications of Origin as a Tool of Product Differentiation: The Case of Coffee," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7866, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Menapace, Luisa & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2010. "Quality Certification by Geographical Indications, Trademarks and Firm Reputation," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61778, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leufkens, Daniel & Schröck, Rebecca, 2013. "Regulierungspolitische Effekte geschützter geografischer Herkunftsangaben der EU in einer dynamischen und qualitätspolitischen Perspektive," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156119, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Waldman, Kurt B. & Kerr, John M., 2015. "Is Food and Drug Administration policy governing artisan cheese consistent with consumers’ preferences?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 71-80.
More about this item
KeywordsHedonic models; Specialty coffee; Origin effects; Reputation; Sensory quality;
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:6:p:732-740. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .