Analysing Firm-level Price Effects for Differentiated Products: The Case of Australian Wine Producers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Héla Hadj Ali & Céline Nauges, 2007. "The Pricing of Experience Goods: The Example of en primeur Wine," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(1), pages 91-103.
- Michael B. Beverland, 2005. "Crafting Brand Authenticity: The Case of Luxury Wines," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 1003-1029, July.
- Tibor Scitovszky, 1944. "Some Consequences of the Habit of Judging Quality by Price," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 100-105.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Neal J. Rappaport, 2001. "Price and Quality of Desktop and Mobile Personal Computers: A Quarter-Century Historical Overview," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 268-273, May.
- Greene, William, 2011.
"Fixed Effects Vector Decomposition: A Magical Solution to the Problem of Time-Invariant Variables in Fixed Effects Models?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 135-146, March.
- William Greene, 2010. "Fixed Effects Vector Decomposition: A Magical Solution to the Problem of Time Invariant Variables in Fixed Effects Models?," Working Papers 10-04, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Schnabel Hubert & Storchmann Karl, 2010. "Prices as Quality Signals: Evidence from the Wine Market," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-23, February.
- William Griffiths & Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster, 2011. "What Creates Abnormal Profits?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 58(3), pages 323-346, July.
- Cardebat, Jean-Marie & Figuet, Jean-Marc & Paroissien, Emmanuel, 2014. "Expert Opinion and Bordeaux Wine Prices: An Attempt to Correct Biases in Subjective Judgments," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 282-303, December.
- Oczkowski, Edward, 2001. "Hedonic Wine Price Functions and Measurement Error," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(239), pages 374-382, December.
- James Hansen, 2009. "Australian House Prices: A Comparison of Hedonic and Repeat-Sales Measures," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(269), pages 132-145, June.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- repec:ags:aareaj:262408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, March.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Riordan, Michael H, 1991. "High and Declining Prices Signal Product Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 224-239, March.
- Edward Oczkowski & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2015. "Wine Prices and Quality Ratings: A Meta-regression Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(1), pages 103-121.
- G¸nter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, September.
- Carew, Richard & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 2008. "The Importance of Australian Corporate Brand and Grape Varietal Wines: Hedonic Pricing in the British Columbia Wine Market," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 194-204, December.
- Jabbar, M. A. & Diedhiou, M. L., 2003.
"Does breed matter to cattle farmers and buyers?: Evidence from West Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 461-472, July.
- Jabbar, Mohammad A. & Diedhiou, M L, 2003. "Does breed matter to cattle farmers and buyers? Evidence from West Africa," Research Reports 182997, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Barth, Erling, 1997. "Firm-Specific Seniority and Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 495-506, July.
- Nelson, Randy A & Tanguay, Tim L & Patterson, Christopher D, 1994. "A Quality-Adjusted Price Index for Personal Computers," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(1), pages 23-31, January.
- John W. Haeger & Karl Storchmann, 2006. "Prices of American Pinot Noir wines: climate, craftsmanship, critics," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 67-78, July.
- Henrik Andersson, 2005. "The Value of Safety as Revealed in the Swedish Car Market: An Application of the Hedonic Pricing Approach," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 211-239, May.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Christopher Goemans, 2010. "The Economics of Nested Names: Name Specificity, Reputations, and Price Premia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1339-1350.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2007. "Segmenting the Wine Market Based on Price: Hedonic Regression when Different Prices mean Different Products," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 454-466, September.
- Günter Schamel, 2006. "Geography versus brands in a global wine market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 363-374.
- Carl Shapiro, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-679.
- Helen Higgs, 2012. "A ustralian Art Market Prices During the Global Financial Crisis and Two Earlier Decades," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 189-209, December.
- Roberts, Peter W. & Reagans, Ray, 2007. "Critical Exposure and Price-Quality Relationships for New World Wines in the U.S. Market," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 84-97, March.
- Elizabeth Nolan & Terence Farrell & Madeleine Ryan & Candice Gibbon & Fredoun Z. Ahmadi-Esfahani, 2014. "Valuing quality attributes of Australian merino wool," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(3), pages 314-335, July.
- Meng, Xin, 2004. "Gender earnings gap: the role of firm specific effects," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 555-573, October.
- Ashton, Robert H., 2011. "Improving Experts' Wine Quality Judgments: Two Heads Are Better than One," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 160-178, September.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Domenico Carlucci & Antonio Stasi & Gianluca Nardone & Antonio Seccia, 2013. "Explaining Price Variability in the Italian Yogurt Market: A Hedonic Analysis," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 194-206, March.
- Fleming, Euan & Mounter, Stuart & Grant, Bligh & Griffith, Garry, 2014. "Can we explain variations in winery ratings in Victoria?," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 22, pages 1-13.
- Lester M. K. Kwong & Don Cyr & Joseph Kushner & Tomson Ogwang, 2011. "A Semiparametric Hedonic Pricing Model of Ontario Wines," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 59(3), pages 361-381, September.
- Paolo Roma & Giuseppe Di Martino & Giovanni Perrone, 2013. "What to show on the wine labels: a hedonic analysis of price drivers of Sicilian wines," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(19), pages 2765-2778, July.
- Kevin Lane Keller & Donald R. Lehmann, 2006. "Brands and Branding: Research Findings and Future Priorities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 740-759, 11-12.
- Douglas D. Parker & David Zilberman, 1993. "Hedonic Estimation of Quality Factors Affecting the Farm-Retail Margin," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(2), pages 458-466.
- Lancaster, Tony, 2000. "The incidental parameter problem since 1948," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 391-413, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ausecp:v:55:y:2016:i:1:p:43-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0004-900X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.