Prices as Quality Signals: Evidence from the Wine Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, March.
- Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Roy, Santanu, 2010.
"Signaling quality through prices in an oligopoly,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 192-207, January.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Santanu Roy, 2007. "Signaling Quality Through Prices in an Oligopoly," Departmental Working Papers 0709, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Santanu Roy, 2007. "Signaling Quality through Prices in an Oligopoly," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-081/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mahenc, Philippe & Meunier, Valérie, 2006. "Early Sales of Bordeaux grands crus," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 57-74, March.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Christopher Goemans, 2010. "The Economics of Nested Names: Name Specificity, Reputations, and Price Premia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1339-1350.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonis Michis & Anna Markidou, 2013. "Determinants of retail wine prices: evidence from Cyprus," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 267-280, August.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Karl Storchmann, 2010.
"Measuring the Economic Effect of Global Warming on Viticulture Using Auction, Retail, and Wholesale Prices,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 37(1), pages 51-64, August.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Storchmann, Karl, 2010. "Measuring The Economic Effect Of Global Warming On Viticulture Using Auction, Retail And Wholesale Prices," Working Papers 90482, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Orley C. Ashenfelter & Karl Storchmann, 2010. "Measuring the Economic Effect of Global Warming on Viticulture Using Auction, Retail, and Wholesale Prices," NBER Working Papers 16037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noël & Laurent, Gilles, 2016. "Where do consumers think luxury begins? A study of perceived minimum price for 21 luxury goods in 7 countries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 332-340.
- Jianyu Yu & Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache & Angelo Zago, 2018.
"What is in a Name? Information, Heterogeneity, and Quality in a Theory of Nested Names,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 100(1), pages 286-310.
- Yu, Jianyu & Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra & Zago, Angelo, 2016. "What’s in a Name? Information, Heterogeneity, and Quality in a Theory of Nested Names," 149th Seminar, October 27-28, 2016, Rennes, France 244897, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra & Yu, Jianyu & Zago, Angelo, 2017. "What's in a Name? Information, Heterogeneity, and Quality in a Theory of Nested Names," TSE Working Papers 17-866, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Brunke, Henrich & Lapsley, James T. & Mueller, Rolf A.E. & Tauscher, Ludwig, 2016. ""Tested Quality In The Glass": Wine Quality Certification In Germany," Working Papers 234641, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Edward Oczkowski, 2016. "Analysing Firm-level Price Effects for Differentiated Products: The Case of Australian Wine Producers," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 43-62, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bjafio:v:8:y:2010:i:1:n:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.