Brands and Branding: Research Findings and Future Priorities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raj, S P, 1982. "The Effects of Advertising on High and Low Loyalty Consumer Segments," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 77-89, June.
- Dan Horsky & Patrick Swyngedouw, 1987. "Does it Pay to Change Your Company's Name? A Stock Market Perspective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 320-335.
- Brown, Christina L & Carpenter, Gregory S, 2000. "Why Is the Trivial Important? A Reasons-Based Account for the Effects of Trivial Attributes on Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 372-385, March.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Vinay Kanetkar & Charles B. Weinberg & Doyle L. Weiss, 1992. "Price Sensitivity and Television Advertising Exposures: Some Empirical Findings," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 359-371.
- David Besanko & Jean-Pierre Dubé & Sachin Gupta, 2005. "Own-Brand and Cross-Brand Retail Pass-Through," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(1), pages 123-137, July.
- Taylor Randall & Karl Ulrich & David Reibstein, 1998. "Brand Equity and Vertical Product Line Extent," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 356-379.
- Schmitt, Bernd H & Pan, Yigang & Tavassoli, Nader T, 1994. "Language and Consumer Memory: The Impact of Linguistic Differences between Chinese and English," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 419-431, December.
- Park, C Whan & Milberg, Sandra & Lawson, Robert, 1991. "Evaluation of Brand Extensions: The Role of Product Feature Similarity and Brand Concept Consistency," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 185-193, September.
- Janiszewski, Chris & Meyvis, Tom, 2001. "Effects of Brand Logo Complexity, Repetition, and Spacing on Processing Fluency and Judgment," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 18-32, June.
- van Osselaer, Stijn M J & Alba, Joseph W, 2003. "Locus of Equity and Brand Extension," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 539-550, March.
- Jan-Benedict E M Steenkamp & Rajeev Batra & Dana L Alden, 2003. "How perceived brand globalness creates brand value," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(1), pages 53-65, January.
- Rajiv Lal & Chakravarthi Narasimhan, 1996. "The Inverse Relationship Between Manufacturer and Retailer Margins: A Theory," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 132-151.
- Deepak Agrawal, 1996. "Effect of Brand Loyalty on Advertising and Trade Promotions: A Game Theoretic Analysis with Empirical Evidence," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 86-108.
- Jean-Noël Kapferer & Audrey Azoulay, 2003. "Do brand personality scales really measure brand personality?," Post-Print hal-00781544, HAL.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. "Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-373, March.
- Mark Uncles & Andrew Ehrenberg & Kathy Hammond, 1995. "Patterns of Buyer Behavior: Regularities, Models, and Extensions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 71-78.
- Meyvis, Tom & Janiszewski, Chris, 2002. "Consumers' Beliefs about Product Benefits: The Effect of Obviously Irrelevant Product Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(4), pages 618-635, March.
- Sheinin, Daniel A., 2000. "The Effects of Experience with Brand Extensions on Parent Brand Knowledge," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 47-55, July.
- Dawar, Niraj & Anderson, Paul F., 1994. "The effects of order and direction on multiple brand extensions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 119-129, June.
- Carol J. Simon & Mary W. Sullivan, 1993. "The Measurement and Determinants of Brand Equity: A Financial Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 28-52.
- Lakshman Krishnamurthi & S. P. Raj, 1991. "An Empirical Analysis of the Relationship Between Brand Loyalty and Consumer Price Elasticity," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 172-183.
- Eric T. Anderson & Duncan I. Simester, 2004. "Long-Run Effects of Promotion Depth on New Versus Established Customers: Three Field Studies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 4-20, February.
- Sandor Czellar, 2003. "Consumer attitude toward brand extensions : An Integrative Model and Research Propositions," Post-Print hal-00480357, HAL.
- Prasad A. Naik & Kalyan Raman & Russell S. Winer, 2005. "Planning Marketing-Mix Strategies in the Presence of Interaction Effects," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(1), pages 25-34, June.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2004. "Consumer Learning, Brand Loyalty, and Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 134-145, December.
- Ahluwalia, Rohini & Gurhan-Canli, Zeynep, 2000. "The Effects of Extensions of the Family Brand Name: An Accessibility-Diagnosticity Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 371-381, December.
- V. Srinivasan, 1979. "Network Models for Estimating Brand-Specific Effects in Multi-Attribute Marketing Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(1), pages 11-21, January.
- Schouten, John W & McAlexander, James H, 1995. "Subcultures of Consumptions: An Ethnography of the New Bikers," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 43-61, June.
- Sheinin, Daniel A. & Schmitt, Bernd H., 1994. "Extending brands with new product concepts: The role of category attribute congruity, brand affect, and brand breadth," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-10, September.
- Aaker, Jennifer & Benet-Martinez, Veronica & Garolera, Jordi, 2001. "Consumption Symbols as Carriers of Culture: A Study of Japanese and Spanish Brand Personality Constructs," Research Papers 1668r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Martínez Salinas, Eva & Pina Pérez, José Miguel, 2009. "Modeling the brand extensions' influence on brand image," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 50-60, January.
- Dens, Nathalie & De Pelsmacker, Patrick, 2010. "Attitudes toward the extension and parent brand in response to extension advertising," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1237-1244, November.
- Dwivedi, Abhishek & Merrilees, Bill, 2013. "Retail brand extensions: Unpacking the link between brand extension attitude and change in parent brand equity," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 75-84.
- Pina, José M. & Dall'Olmo Riley, Francesca & Lomax, Wendy, 2013. "Generalizing spillover effects of goods and service brand extensions: A meta-analysis approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1411-1419.
- Chung-Yu Wang & Li-Wei Wu & Chen-Yu Lin & Ruei-Jie Chen, 2017. "Purchase Intention toward the Extension and Parent Brand: The Role of Brand Commitment," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 13(1), pages 83-103, February.
- G Baltas & C Saridakis, 2010. "Measuring brand equity in the car market: a hedonic price analysis," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 61(2), pages 284-293, February.
- S. Sriram & Manohar U. Kalwani, 2007. "Optimal Advertising and Promotion Budgets in Dynamic Markets with Brand Equity as a Mediating Variable," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(1), pages 46-60, January.
- Kim, Chung K. & Lavack, Anne M. & Smith, Margo, 2001. "Consumer evaluation of vertical brand extensions and core brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 211-222, June.
- Philippe Jourdan, 2002. "De la marque en capitales vers le capital marque : quoi de neuf depuis les travaux du MSI ?," Post-Print hal-01134684, HAL.
- Pourazad, Naser & Stocchi, Lara & Pare, Vipul, 2019. "Brand attribute associations, emotional consumer-brand relationship and evaluation of brand extensions," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 249-260.
- Vladimir Sashov Zhechev & Evgeni Stanimirov, 2017. "Image Effects of the Extension of Niche Class F Vehicles in Bulgaria," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 132-171.
- Byun, Kyung-Ah (Kay) & Duhan, Dale F. & Dass, Mayukh, 2020. "The preservation of loyalty halo effects: An investigation of the post-product-recall behavior of loyal customers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 163-175.
- Frauke Sander & Ulrich Föhl & Nadine Walter & Vera Demmer, 2021. "Green or social? An analysis of environmental and social sustainability advertising and its impact on brand personality, credibility and attitude," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 28(4), pages 429-445, July.
- Chan, Tat Y. & Narasimhan, Chakravarthi & Yoon, Yeujun, 2017. "Advertising and price competition in a manufacturer-retailer channel," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 694-716.
- Adina Bărbulescu Robinson & Kapil R. Tuli & Ajay K. Kohli, 2015. "Does Brand Licensing Increase a Licensor's Shareholder Value?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(6), pages 1436-1455, June.
- Oana Țugulea, 2017. "City Brand Personality—Relations with Dimensions and Dimensions Inter-Relations," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(12), pages 1-22, December.
- Das, Gopal, 2014. "Factors affecting Indian shoppers×³ attitude and purchase intention: An empirical check," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 561-569.
- Gonçalves, Joana & Guerreiro, Manuela & Mendes, Júlio & Pereira, Luís, 2018. "Events Brand Personality: Insights From Music Festivals In Portugal," Journal of Tourism, Sustainability and Well-being, Cinturs - Research Centre for Tourism, Sustainability and Well-being, University of Algarve, vol. 6(3), pages 326-343.
- Sven Tischer, 2012. "Measuring the impact of critical incidents on brand personality," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-064, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- E. Bacchiega & M. Colucci & M. Magnani, 2019. "What goes around, comes around: Reciprocal effects and double-sided moral hazard in the choice of brand licensing," Working Papers wp1136, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
More about this item
Keywordsbrands; brand equity; brand extensions;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:25:y:2006:i:6:p:740-759. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Asher (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.