The Inverse Relationship Between Manufacturer and Retailer Margins: A Theory
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kostas Axarloglou, 2007. "Thick markets, market competition and pricing dynamics: evidence from retailers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 669-677.
- Greg Shaffer & Florian Zettelmeyer, 2009. "Comparative Advertising and In-Store Displays," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 1144-1156, 11-12.
- Stefan Buehler & Dennis L. Gärtner, 2013.
"Making Sense of Nonbinding Retail-Price Recommendations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(1), pages 335-359, February.
- Stefan Bühler & Dennis L. Gärtner, 2009. "Making Sense of Non-Binding Retail-Price Recommendations," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2009 2009-02, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Stefan Buehler & Dennis L. Gärtner, 2010. "Making Sense of Non-Binding Retail-Price Recommendations," CESifo Working Paper Series 3024, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stefan Buehler & Dennis L. Gaertner, 2009. "Making Sense of Non-Binding Retail-Price Recommendations," SOI - Working Papers 0902, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- GÃ¤rtner, Dennis L & Buehler, Stefan, 2009. "Making Sense of Non-Binding Retail-Price Recommendations," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt51z312zt, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Robert B. Barsky & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy, 2003.
"What Can the Price Gap between Branded and Private-Label Products Tell Us about Markups?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Scanner Data and Price Indexes, pages 165-228
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Barsky & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy, 2001. "What Can the Price Gap between Branded and Private Label Products Tell Us about Markups?," NBER Working Papers 8426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Barsky & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy, 2002. "What Can the Price Gap between Branded and Private Label Products Tell Us about Markups?," Working Papers 2002-02, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Karray Salma & Martín-Herrán Guiomar, 2008. "Investigating the Relationship Between Advertising and Pricing in a Channel with Private Label Offering: A Theoretic Model," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-39, August.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Akira Miyaoka, 2013. "Who benefits from resale-below-cost laws?," ISER Discussion Paper 0875, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Draganska, Michaela & Klapper, Daniel, 2006. "Retail Environment and Manufacturer Competitive Intensity," Research Papers 1953, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Vincent Nijs & Kanishka Misra & Eric T. Anderson & Karsten Hansen & Lakshman Krishnamurthi, 2010. "Channel Pass-Through of Trade Promotions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 250-267, 03-04.
- Shuba Srinivasan & Koen Pauwels & Dominique M. Hanssens & Marnik G. Dekimpe, 2004. "Do Promotions Benefit Manufacturers, Retailers, or Both?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 617-629, May.
- Sang Yong Kim & Richard Staelin, 1999. "Manufacturer Allowances and Retailer Pass-Through Rates in a Competitive Environment," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(1), pages 59-76.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:91:y:2015:i:4:p:569-585 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hovhannisyan, Vardges & Stiegert, Kyle & Bozic, Marin, 2014. "On the Endogeneity of Retail Markups in an Equilibrium Analysis: A Control-Function Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 39(2), August.
- Anne Coughlan & S. Choi & Wujin Chu & Charles Ingene & Sridhar Moorthy & V. Padmanabhan & Jagmohan Raju & David Soberman & Richard Staelin & Z. Zhang, 2010. "Marketing modeling reality and the realities of marketing modeling," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 317-333, September.
- Srinivasan, S. & Pauwels, K.H. & Hanssens, D.M. & Dekimpe, M.G., 2002. "Do Promotions Benefit Manufacturers, Retailers or Both?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-21-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:32:y:2015:i:2:p:124-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:34:y:2017:i:3:p:694-716 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tansev Geylani & Anthony J. Dukes & Kannan Srinivasan, 2007. "Strategic Manufacturer Response to a Dominant Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 164-178, 03-04.
- Kevin Lane Keller & Donald R. Lehmann, 2006. "Brands and Branding: Research Findings and Future Priorities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 740-759, 11-12.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:93:y:2017:i:1:p:120-135 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsadvertising; wholesale and retail margins; channel competition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:15:y:1996:i:2:p:132-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.