Geographical Indications of Origin as a Tool of Product Differentiation: The Case of Coffee
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Teuber, Ramona, 2007. "Geographical Indications of Origin as a Tool of Product Differentiation : The Case of Coffee," Discussion Papers 33, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
References listed on IDEAS
- Donnet, M. Laura & Weatherspoon, Dave D., 2006. "Effect of Sensory and Reputation Quality Attributes on Specialty Coffee Prices," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21388, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Tim Josling, 2006. "The War on "Terroir": Geographical Indications as a Transatlantic Trade Conflict," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 337-363.
- Santos, J. Freitas & Ribeiro, J. Cadima, 2005. "Product Attribute Saliency and Region of Origin: Some Empirical Evidence from Portugal," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24667, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Günter Schamel, 2007. "Auction markets for specialty food products with geographical indications," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 257-264, September.
- Schamel, Guenter, 2006. "Auction Markets for Specialty Food Products with Geographical Indications," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25606, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- G¸nter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teuber, Ramona & Herrmann, Roland, 2012.
"Towards a differentiated modeling of origin effects in hedonic analysis: An application to auction prices of specialty coffee,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 732-740.
- Teuber, Ramona & Herrmann, Roland, 2012. "Towards a Differentiated Modelling of Origin Effects in Hedonic Analysis:An Application to Auction Prices of Specialty Coffee," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126235, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Neetha, Rose C.D. & Kotrakerebasegowda, Umesh, 2012. "Expectations towards Geographical Indications-Empirical Evidence from India," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126324, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Aslihan Arslan & Christopher P. Reicher, 2011.
"The Effects of the Coffee Trademarking Initiative and Starbucks Publicity on Export Prices of Ethiopian Coffee,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(5), pages 704-736, November.
- Arslan, Aslıhan & Reicher, Christopher Phillip, 2010. "The Effects of the Coffee Trademarking Initiative and Starbucks Publicity on Export Prices of Ethiopian Coffee," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 22, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Dreyer, Heiko & Anders, Sven M., 2014. "Experience matters - trade duration and survival of coffee exports," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182758, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Deselnicu, Oana C. & Costanigro, Marco & Souza-Monteiro, Diogo M. & McFadden, Dawn Thilmany, 2013. "A Meta-Analysis of Geographical Indication Food Valuation Studies: What Drives the Premium for Origin-Based Labels?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(2), August.
- Verbeke, Wim & Pieniak, Zuzanna & Guerrero, Luis & Hersleth, Margrethe, 2012. "Consumersâ€™ Awareness and Attitudinal Determinants of European Union Quality Label Use on Traditional Foods," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Verena Otter & Bianca Prechtel & Ludwig Theuvsen, 2014. "The Country-of-Origin Effect for Chocolate made from Ecuadorian Cocoa: An Empirical Analysis of Consumer Perceptions," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 16(3), pages 43-60.
- Otter, Verena & Prechtel, Bianca & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2014. "Der Country-Of-Origin-Effekt In Der Wahrnehmung Deutscher Verbraucher Von Schokolade Aus Ecuadorianischem Kakao: Herkunftsangaben Als Differenzierungspotential Für Lebensmittel Aus Außereuropäischen L," Discussion Papers 168526, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Luisa Menapace & Gregory Colson & Carola Grebitus & Maria Facendola, 2011.
"Consumers' preferences for geographical origin labels: evidence from the Canadian olive oil market,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 193-212, June.
- Menapace, Luisa & Colson, Gregory & Grebitus, Carola & Facendola, Maria, 2008. "Consumer preferences for extra virgin olive oil with country-of-origin and geographical indication labels in Canada," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6430, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Menapace, Luisa & Colson, Gregory J. & Grebitus, Carola & Facendola, Maria, 2009. "Consumer Preferences for Country-Of-Origin, Geographical Indication, and Protected Designation of Origin Labels," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13122, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Arslan, Aslıhan & Reicher, Christopher Phillip, 2010. "The effects of the Coffee Trademarking Initiative and Starbucks publicity on export prices of Ethiopian coffee," Kiel Working Papers 1606, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Galtier, F. & Belletti, Giovanni & Marescotti, Andrea, 2008. "Are Geographical Indications a way to "decommodify" the coffee market?," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43834, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jena, Pradyot R. & Grote, Ulrike, 2012. "Impact Evaluation of Traditional Basmati Rice Cultivation in Uttarakhand State of Northern India: What Implications Does It Hold for Geographical Indications?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1895-1907.
- Luisa Menapace & GianCarlo Moschini, 2012.
"Quality certification by geographical indications, trademarks and firm reputation,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 539-566, September.
- Menapace, Luisa & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2009. "Quality Certification by Geographical Indications, Trademarks and Firm Reputation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13126, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ngokkuen, Chuthaporn & Grote, Ulrike, 0. "Geographical Indication for Jasmine Rice: Applying a Logit Model to Predict Adoption Behavior of Thai Farm Households," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 51.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Josling, Timothy & Kerr, William & O'Connor, Bernard & Yeung, May T., 2009. "Guide to Geographical Indications: Linking Products and Their Origins (Summary)," MPRA Paper 27955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chuthaporn Ngokkuen & Ulrike Grote, 2012. "Challenges and opportunities for protecting geographical indications in Thailand," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 19(2), pages 93-123, December.
- Karen L. Orengo-Serra, 2015. "Niche strategy and international growth: Comparing Puerto Rico and Corsica SMEs in the Specialty food industry," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 17(3), pages 57-88.
- Teuber, Ramona, 2008. "Geographical Indications and the Value of Reputation - Empirical Evidence for Cafe de Marcala," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43835, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hoehn, John P, 2016. "Costly Choices: Does the U.S. Retail Market Reward Coffee Origin Labeling?," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235891, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsGeographical Indications of Origin; coffee; legal regulatory systems; price premium; hedonic pricing analysis; Marketing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa105:7866. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .