What Determines the Success of a Geographical Indication? A Price-based Meta-Analysis for GIs In Food Products
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Günter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2019.
"Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Kym Anderson (ed.), The International Economics of Wine, chapter 10, pages 225-253,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Günter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bleich, Simon & Herrmann, Roland, 2013.
"Price versus Non-price Incentives for Participation in Quality Labeling: The Case of the German Fruit Juice Industry,"
International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 4(1), pages 1-13, July.
- Herrmann, Roland & Bleich, Simon, 2013. "Price Versus Non-price Incentives for Participation in Quality Labeling: The Case of the German Fruit Juice Industry," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164756, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Jianyu Yu & Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache, 2016.
"Production standards, competition and vertical relationship,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 79-111.
- Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra & Jianyu, Yu, 2013. "Production Standards, Competition and Vertical Relationship," TSE Working Papers 13-417, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache & Yu Jianyu, 2013. "Production standards, competition and vertical relationship," Post-Print hal-02746623, HAL.
- Menapace, Luisa & Raffaelli, Roberta, 2013. "Do ‘locally grown’ claims influence artisanal food purchase? Evidence from a natural field experiment," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150282, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Vincent Hoang & Takao Iida & Shigeru Matsumoto & Natsuki Watanabe & Clevo Wilson, 2016. "Consumer’s comparison between local and imported organic products: a hedonic analysis of the Japanese table wine market," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(3), pages 405-415, December.
- Christopher R. Gustafson & Travis J. Lybbert & Daniel A. Sumner, 2016. "Consumer sorting and hedonic valuation of wine attributes: exploiting data from a field experiment," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(1), pages 91-103, January.
- Danielle Wood & Kym Anderson, 2019.
"What Determines the Future Value of an Icon Wine? New Evidence from Australia,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Kym Anderson (ed.), The International Economics of Wine, chapter 11, pages 255-282,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Wood, Danielle & Anderson, Kym, 2006. "What Determines the Future Value of an Icon Wine? New Evidence from Australia," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 141-161, October.
- Anderson, Kym & Wood, Danielle, 2005. "What Determines the Future Value of an Icon Wine? New Evidence from Australia," CEPR Discussion Papers 5044, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kym Anderson & David Norman & Glyn Wittwer, 2019.
"Globalisation of the World’s Wine Markets,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Kym Anderson (ed.), The International Economics of Wine, chapter 2, pages 27-50,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jena, Pradyot R. & Grote, Ulrike, 2012. "Impact Evaluation of Traditional Basmati Rice Cultivation in Uttarakhand State of Northern India: What Implications Does It Hold for Geographical Indications?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1895-1907.
- Richard Carew & Wojciech J. Florkowski, 2010. "The Importance of Geographic Wine Appellations: Hedonic Pricing of Burgundy Wines in the British Columbia Wine Market," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(1), pages 93-108, March.
- Susana López‐Bayón & Marta Fernández‐Barcala & Manuel González‐Díaz, 2020. "In search of agri‐food quality for wine: Is it enough to join a geographical indication?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(4), pages 568-590, October.
- M. Laura Donnet & Dave D. Weatherspoon & Charles B. Moss, 2010. "Measuring Food Product Differentiation by Quality Ratings: A Cross‐Entropy Analysis of Specialty Coffee e‐Auctions," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 122-137, February.
- Teuber, Ramona, 2008. "Geographical Indications and the Value of Reputation - Empirical Evidence for Cafe de Marcala," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43835, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Costanigro, Marco & McCluskey, Jill J. & Mittelhammer, Ronald C., 2006. "Identifying submarket in the wine industry: a multivariate approach to hedonic regression," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21370, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Teuber, Ramona, 2007.
"Geographical Indications of Origin as a Tool of Product Differentiation: The Case of Coffee,"
105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy
7866, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Teuber, Ramona, 2007. "Geographical Indications of Origin as a Tool of Product Differentiation : The Case of Coffee," Discussion Papers 33, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Teuber, Ramona & Herrmann, Roland, 2012.
"Towards a differentiated modeling of origin effects in hedonic analysis: An application to auction prices of specialty coffee,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 732-740.
- Teuber, Ramona & Herrmann, Roland, 2012. "Towards a Differentiated Modelling of Origin Effects in Hedonic Analysis:An Application to Auction Prices of Specialty Coffee," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126235, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fleming, Euan & Mounter, Stuart & Grant, Bligh & Griffith, Garry, 2014. "Can we explain variations in winery ratings in Victoria?," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 22, pages 1-13.
- Catherine Haeck & Giulia Meloni & Jo Swinnen, 2018.
"The Value of Terroir. A historical analysis of the Bordeaux and Champagne geographical indications,"
Working Papers of LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance
634338, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Catherine Haeck & Giulia Meloni & Jo Swinnen, 2018. "The Value of Terroir. A historical analysis of the Bordeaux and Champagne geographical indications," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven 634338, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Catherine Haeck & Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2018. "The Value of Terroir. A historical analysis of Bordeaux and Champagne geographical indications," LICOS Discussion Papers 40818, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Bicknell, Kathryn & MacDonald, Ian, 2009. "How Important is Reputation for New Zealand Wine Makers?," 2009 Conference, August 27-28, 2009, Nelson, New Zealand 115717, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Schamel, Günter, 2005. "German Wine: Measurement and Evaluation of Product Quality," Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 40, March.
- M. Laura Donnet & Dave D. Weatherspoon & John P. Hoehn, 2008.
"Price determinants in top‐quality e‐auctioned specialty coffees,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 267-276, May.
- Donnet, M. Laura & Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Hoehn, John P., 2007. "Price Determinants in Top Quality E-Auctioned Specialty Coffees," Staff Paper Series 9310, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Festa, Giuseppe & Cuomo, Maria Teresa & Metallo, Gerardino & Festa, Antonio, 2016. "The (r)evolution of wine marketing mix: From the 4Ps to the 4Es," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1550-1555.
- Edward Oczkowski, 2016. "Analysing Firm-level Price Effects for Differentiated Products: The Case of Australian Wine Producers," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 43-62, March.
- Anna Carbone & Luca Cacchiarelli & Valentina Sabbatini, 2018. "Exploring quality and its value in the Italian olive oil market: a panel data analysis," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-15, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-05-24 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea11:104000. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.