What Determines the Future Value of an Icon Wine? New Evidence from Australia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Wood, Danielle & Anderson, Kym, 2006. "What Determines the Future Value of an Icon Wine? New Evidence from Australia," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 141-161, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arguea, Nestor M. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1993.
"Econometric issues of estimating hedonic price functions : With an application to the U.S. market for automobiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 243-267, March.
- Arguea, N.M. & Hsiao, C., 1992. "Econometric Issues of Estimating Hedonic Price Functions- with an Application to the U.S. Market for Automobiles," Papers 9203, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- G¸nter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, September.
- Combris, Pierre & Lecocq, Sebastien & Visser, Michael, 1997. "Estimation for a Hedonic Price Equation for Bordeaux Wine: Does Quality Matter?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 390-402, March.
- A. Golan & H. Shalit, 1993. "Wine Quality Differentials In Hedonic Grape Pricing," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 311-321.
- Oczkowski, Edward, 2001. "Hedonic Wine Price Functions and Measurement Error," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(239), pages 374-382, December.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Gergaud, Olivier & Ginsburgh, Victor, 2010.
"Natural Endowments, Production Technologies and the Quality of Wines in Bordeaux. Does Terroir Matter?,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 3-21, March.
- Olivier Gergaud & Victor Ginsburgh, 2008. "Natural Endowments, Production Technologies and the Quality of Wines in Bordeaux. Does Terroir Matter?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(529), pages 142-157, June.
- Olivier Gergaud & Victor Ginsburgh, 2008. "Natural endowments, production technologies and the quality of wines in Bordeaux. Does terroir matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/99266, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Olivier Gergaud, 2008. "Natural endowments, production technologies and the quality of wines in Bordeaux: does terroir matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13398, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- GERGAUD, Oliver & GINSBURGH, Victor, 2009. "Natural endowments, production technologies and the quality of wines in Bordeaux. Does terroir matter?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Byron, R P & Ashenfelter, Orley, 1995. "Predicting the Quality of an Unborn Grange," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(212), pages 40-53, March.
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 1998. "Quality expectations, reputation, and price," MPRA Paper 9774, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Storchmann, Karl, 2014. "Wine and Climate Change," Working Papers 164854, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Anderson, Kym, 2009.
"Terroir rising? Varietal and quality distinctiveness of Australia’s wine regions,"
2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia
48050, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kym Anderson, 2009. "Terroir Rising? Varietal and Quality Distinctiveness of AustraliaÂ’s Wine Regions," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-18, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordshedonic pricing model; investment under certainty; wine quality;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2005-06-14 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2005-06-14 (Finance)
- NEP-MIC-2005-06-14 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:5044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.