Determinants Of Argentinean Wine Prices In The U.S. Market
A hedonic price function for Argentinean wines in the U.S market is estimated in order to evaluate the effect of the most important attributes of wine on price. Results show that labeling practices and the choice of the right wine quality attributes are far more influential on price than expert panel opinions or oenological wine improvements such as aging.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arguea, Nestor M. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1993.
"Econometric issues of estimating hedonic price functions : With an application to the U.S. market for automobiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 243-267, March.
- Arguea, N.M. & Hsiao, C., 1992. "Econometric Issues of Estimating Hedonic Price Functions- with an Application to the U.S. Market for Automobiles," Papers 9203, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Kennedy, Peter E, 1981. "Estimation with Correctly Interpreted Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations [The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations]," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 801, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Bodo Steiner, 2004. "French Wines on the Decline? Econometric Evidence from Britain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 267-288.
- Lecocq, Sébastien & Visser, Michael, 2006. "What Determines Wine Prices: Objective vs. Sensory Characteristics," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 42-56, March.
- Danielle Wood & Kym Anderson, 2002. "What Determines the Future Value of an Icon Wine? Evidence from Australia," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-33, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Lima, Tony, 2006. "Price and Quality in the California Wine Industry: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 176-190, September.
- Combris, Pierre & Lecocq, Sebastien & Visser, Michael, 1997. "Estimation for a Hedonic Price Equation for Bordeaux Wine: Does Quality Matter?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 390-402, March.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-75, June.
- G¸nter Schamel & Kym Anderson, 2003. "Wine Quality and Varietal, Regional and Winery Reputations: Hedonic Prices for Australia and New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(246), pages 357-369, 09.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1995. "Hedonic price functions and the measurement of preferences: The case of Swedish wine consumers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1697-1716, December.
- John W. Haeger & Karl Storchmann, 2006. "Prices of American Pinot Noir wines: climate, craftsmanship, critics," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 67-78, 07.
- Oczkowski, Edward, 2001. "Hedonic Wine Price Functions and Measurement Error," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(239), pages 374-82, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aawewp:37327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.