Organic- and Animal Welfare-labelled Eggs: Competing for the Same Consumers?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hudson, Darren & Gallardo, Rosa Karina & Hanson, Terrill R., 2012.
"A Comparison Of Choice Experiments And Actual Grocery Store Behavior: An Empirical Application To Seafood Products,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Hudson, Darren & Gallardo, R. Karina & Hanson, Terrill R., 2012. "A Comparison of Choice Experiments and Actual Grocery Store Behavior: An Empirical Application to Seafood Products," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(01), pages 49-62, February.
- Gil, Jose Maria & Gracia, Azucena & Sanchez Garcia, Mercedes, 2000. "Market Segmentation And Willingness To Pay For Organic Products In Spain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 3(2), pages 1-20.
- Laura Mørch Andersen, 2011.
"Animal Welfare and Eggs – Cheap Talk or Money on the Counter?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 565-584, September.
- Laura Mørch Andersen, 2010. "Animal Welfare and Eggs – Cheap Talk or Money on the Counter?," IFRO Working Paper 2010/6, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics, revised Apr 2011.
- Giovanni Pino & Alessandro M. Peluso & Gianluigi Guido, 2012. "Determinants of Regular and Occasional Consumers' Intentions to Buy Organic Food," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 157-169, March.
- Heng, Yan & Hanawa Peterson, Hikaru & Li, Xianghong, 2013. "Consumer Attitudes toward Farm-Animal Welfare: The Case of Laying Hens," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 1-17.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Ruud, Paul A., 1987. "Specifying and testing econometric models for rank-ordered data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 83-104.
- Azucena Gracia & Maria L. Loureiro & Rodolfo M. Nayga, 2011. "Are Valuations from Nonhypothetical Choice Experiments Different from Those of Experimental Auctions?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1358-1373.
- John List & Craig Gallet, 2001. "What Experimental Protocol Influence Disparities Between Actual and Hypothetical Stated Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-254, November.
- Helena Resano‐Ezcaray & Ana Isabel Sanjuán‐López & Luis Miguel Albisu‐Aguado, 2010. "Combining Stated and Revealed Preferences on Typical Food Products: The Case of Dry‐Cured Ham in Spain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 480-498, September.
- Kehlbacher, A. & Bennett, R. & Balcombe, K., 2012. "Measuring the consumer benefits of improving farm animal welfare to inform welfare labelling," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 627-633.
- Norwood, F. Bailey & Lusk, Jayson L., 2011. "Compassion, by the Pound: The Economics of Farm Animal Welfare," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199551163.
- Simone Mueller & Larry Lockshin & Jordan Louviere, 2010. "What you see may not be what you get: Asking consumers what matters may not reflect what they choose," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 335-350, December.
- Carl Johan Lagerkvist & Sebastian Hess, 2011. "A meta-analysis of consumer willingness to pay for farm animal welfare," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(1), pages 55-78, March.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:29:y:2012:i:3:p:256-264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beggs, S. & Cardell, S. & Hausman, J., 1981. "Assessing the potential demand for electric cars," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Azucena Gracia & Jesús Barreiro-Hurlé & Belinda López- Galán, 2014. "Are Local and Organic Claims Complements or Substitutes? A Consumer Preferences Study for Eggs," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Gracia, Azucena & Loureiro, Maria L. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 2009. "Valuing Animal Welfare Labels with Experimental Auctions: What do we learn from Consumers?," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51918, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:10:p:2984-:d:234278 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jagris:v:8:y:2018:i:12:p:200-:d:190528 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eejocm:v:28:y:2018:i:c:p:10-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caputo, Vincenzina & Scarpa, Riccardo & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Ortega, David L., 2018.
"Are preferences for food quality attributes really normally distributed? An analysis using flexible mixing distributions,"
Journal of choice modelling,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 10-27.
- Vincenzina Caputo & Riccardo Scarpa & Rodlofo M. Nayga & David L. Ortega, 2017. "Are Preferences for Food Quality Attributes Really Normally Distributed? An Analysis Using Flexible Mixing Distributions," Working Papers in Economics 17/27, University of Waikato.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:67:y:2016:i:2:p:471-490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.