Consumer Attitudes toward Farm-Animal Welfare: The Case of Laying Hens
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Allender, William J. & Richards, Timothy J., 2010. "Consumer Impact of Animal Welfare Regulation in the California Poultry Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(3), December.
- Sumner, Daniel A. & Matthews, William A. & Thurman, Walter N. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Gow, Harnish & Norwood, Bailey, 2010. "Economic and Market Issues on the Sustainability of Egg Production in the United States: Analysis of Alternative Production Systems," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31542, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- André M. Asselin, 2005. "Eggcentric Behavior—Consumer Characteristics That Demonstrate Greater Willingness to Pay for Functionality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1339-1344.
- Laura Mørch Andersen, 2011.
"Animal Welfare and Eggs – Cheap Talk or Money on the Counter?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 565-584, September.
- Laura Mørch Andersen, 2010. "Animal Welfare and Eggs – Cheap Talk or Money on the Counter?," IFRO Working Paper 2010/6, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics, revised Apr 2011.
- David Revelt & Kenneth Train, 1998. "Mixed Logit With Repeated Choices: Households' Choices Of Appliance Efficiency Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 647-657, November.
- Chang, Jae Bong & Lusk, Jayson L. & Norwood, F. Bailey, 2010. "The Price of Happy Hens: A Hedonic Analysis of Retail Egg Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(3), December.
- Sumner, Daniel A. & Matthews, William A. & Mench, Joy A. & Rosen-Molina, J. Thomas, 2010.
"The Economics of Regulations on Hen Housing in California,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 429-438, August.
- Sumner, Daniel A. & Matthews, William A. & Mench, Joy A. & Rosen-Molina, J. Thomas, 2010. "The Economics of Regulations on Hen Housing in California," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(03), August.
- Norwood, F. Bailey & Lusk, Jayson L., 2011. "A calibrated auction-conjoint valuation method: Valuing pork and eggs produced under differing animal welfare conditions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 80-94, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9777-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heng, Yan & Peterson, Hikaru, 2014. "Estimating Demand for Differentiated Eggs Using Scanner Data," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170457, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Francesca Gerini & Frode Alfnes & Alexander Schjøll, 2016. "Organic- and Animal Welfare-labelled Eggs: Competing for the Same Consumers?," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 471-490, June.
- Spiller, Achim & von Meyer-Höfer, Marie & Sonntag, Winnie, 2016. "Gibt es eine Zukunft für die moderne konventionelle Tierhaltung in Nordwesteuropa?," DARE Discussion Papers 1608, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Malone, Trey & Lusk, Jayson L., 2016. "Putting the Chicken Before the Egg Price: An Ex Post Analysis of California's Battery Cage Ban," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(3), September.
- Heng, Yan & Peterson, Hikaru Hanawa & Li, Xianghong, 2016. "Consumer Responses to Multiple and Superfluous Labels in the Case of Eggs," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 47(2), July.
More about this item
Keywordsanimal welfare; cage-free; choice experiment; eggs; environmental concerns; laying hens; Livestock Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:165936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.