Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
September 2009, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 165-176 Can highway investment policies influence regional growth?
by Miller, John S. & Hoel, Lester A. & Ellington, David B.
- 177-191 Congestion in the Chinese automobile and textile industries revisited
by Flegg, A.T. & Allen, D.O.
- 192-200 Defining efficient policies in a general equilibrium model: a multi-objective approach
by André, Francisco J. & Cardenete, M. Alejandro
- 201-208 A multi-division efficiency evaluation of U.S. electric power companies using a weighted slacks-based measure
by Tsutsui, Miki & Goto, Mika
- 209-216 Electronic medical record use and efficiency: A DEA and windows analysis of hospitals
by Kazley, Abby Swanson & Ozcan, Yasar A.
- 217-218 A note on 'Efficiency aggregation with enhanced Russell measures in data envelopment analysis'
by Lozano, Sebastián
- 219-219 Response to: A note on 'Efficiency aggregation with enhanced Russell measures in data envelopment analysis'
by Cooper, W.W. & Huang, Z. & Li, S.X. & Parker, B.R. & Pastor, J.T.
June 2009, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 89-89 Note from the Editor-in-Chief on this Special Issue: The Contributions of Charles S. ReVelle
by Parker, B.R.
- 90-91 The Contributions of Charles S. ReVelle
by Matisziw, Timothy C. & Murray, Alan T. & Osleeb, Jeffrey P.
- 92-101 Application and extension of the Moore and ReVelle Hierarchical Maximal Covering Model
by Ratick, Samuel J. & Osleeb, Jeffrey P. & Hozumi, Dai
- 102-110 Improving accessibility to rural health services: The maximal covering network improvement problem
by Murawski, Lisa & Church, Richard L.
- 111-120 A multiobjective modeling approach to locating incinerators
by Alçada-Almeida, Luís & Coutinho-Rodrigues, João & Current, John
- 121-130 Gradual location set covering with service quality
by Eiselt, H.A. & Marianov, Vladimir
- 131-139 Siting a facility in continuous space to maximize coverage of a region
by Matisziw, Timothy C. & Murray, Alan T.
March 2009, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-24 Dispatching and routing of emergency vehicles in disaster mitigation using data fusion
by Jotshi, Arun & Gong, Qiang & Batta, Rajan
- 25-39 An index aggregation approach to comparing the overall performance of emerging and developed countries
by Chen, Ye & Su, Xin & Hipel, Keith W.
- 40-54 Weak congestion in output additive data envelopment analysis
by Wei, Quanling & Yan, Hong
- 55-71 Network planning of fuelling service stations in a near-term competitive scenario of the hydrogen economy
by Bersani, Chiara & Minciardi, Riccardo & Sacile, Roberto & Trasforini, Eva
- 72-88 Comparing two territory partitions in districting problems: Indices and practical issues
by Tavares Pereira, Fernando & Figueira, José Rui & Mousseau, Vincent & Roy, Bernard
December 2008, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 221-246 A new perspective on the competitiveness of nations
by Önsel, Sule & Ülengin, Füsun & Ulusoy, Gündüz & Aktas, Emel & Kabak, Özgür & Topcu, Y. Ilker
- 247-254 FEAR: A software package for frontier efficiency analysis with R
by Wilson, Paul W.
- 255-270 Non-homogeneous servers in emergency medical systems: Practical applications using the hypercube queueing model
by Morabito, Reinaldo & Chiyoshi, Fernando & Galvão, Roberto D.
- 271-285 The estimation of HIV prevalence for women of child bearing age in New York City
by Lessner, Lawrence
- 286-299 HIV prevalence for New York State using Newborn Seroprevalence and AIDS Surveillance Data
by Lessner, Lawrence
September 2008, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 151-157 Evaluation of research in efficiency and productivity: A survey and analysis of the first 30 years of scholarly literature in DEA
by Emrouznejad, Ali & Parker, Barnett R. & Tavares, Gabriel
- 158-189 A cross-national comparison and taxonomy of DEA-based hospital efficiency studies
by O'Neill, Liam & Rauner, Marion & Heidenberger, Kurt & Kraus, Markus
- 190-205 Deepwater energy industry impacts on economic growth and public service provision in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana
by Fannin, J. Matthew & Hughes, David W. & Keithly, Walter R. & Olatubi, Williams O. & Guo, Jiemin
- 206-220 Analyzing the financial distress of Chinese public companies using probabilistic neural networks and multivariate discriminate analysis
by Wu, Desheng(Dash) & Liang, Liang & Yang, Zijiang
June 2008, Volume 42, Issue 2
March 2008, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-17 Estimating elasticities with frontier and other regressions in evaluating two advertising strategies for US Army recruiting
by Brockett, Patrick L. & Cooper, W.W. & Golden, Linda L. & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Kwinn Jr., Michael J. & Layton, Brian & Parker, Barnett R.
- 18-30 Reuses of closed schools in Windsor, Ontario
by Phipps, Alan G.
- 31-45 A multiobjective model for the selection and timing of public enterprise projects
by Medaglia, Andres L. & Hueth, Darrell & Mendieta, Juan Carlos & Sefair, Jorge A.
- 46-55 Mapping verbal responses to numerical scales in the analytic hierarchy process
by Liang, Liang & Wang, Guohua & Hua, Zhongsheng & Zhang, Bin
- 56-73 The effects of barriers to entry on monopolistic intermediary online services: The case of a digital library
by Yuan, Michael Y.
December 2007, Volume 41, Issue 4
September 2007, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 181-194 Perceived neighborhood quality in the United States: Measuring outdoor, housing and jurisdictional influences
by Greenberg, Michael & Crossney, Kristen
- 195-207 Adjusting inconsistency through learning in group decision-making, and its application to China's MBA recruiting interview
by Hua, Zhongsheng & Jiang, Wenqi & Liang, Liang
- 208-223 Frequency competition and environmental costs: An application to European air transport liberalization
by Schipper, Youdi & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter
- 224-234 Stability and integrity tests in data envelopment analysis
by Avkiran, Necmi K.
- 235-254 Community design of a light rail transit-oriented development using casewise visual evaluation (CAVE)
by Bailey, Keiron & Grossardt, Ted & Pride-Wells, Michaele
- 255-268 Network flow-based strategies for identifying rail park-and-ride facility locations
by Horner, Mark W. & Groves, Sara
June 2007, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 91-106 Decomposition of cost efficiency and its application to Japanese-US electric utility comparisons
by Tone, Kaoru & Tsutsui, Miki
- 107-129 Economic development and resource degradation: Conflicts and policies
by Abdelgalil, E.A. & Cohen, S.I.
- 130-146 A decision support system to improve the efficiency of resource allocation in healthcare management
by Aktas, Emel & Ulengin, Fusun & Onsel Sahin, Sule
- 147-162 Spatial interaction modeling of interregional commodity flows
by Murat Celik, H. & Guldmann, Jean-Michel
- 163-179 Transportation cost changes with statewide school district consolidation
by Hanley, Paul F.
March 2007, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-21 Efficiency aggregation with enhanced Russell measures in data envelopment analysis
by Cooper, W.W. & Huang, Zhimin & Li, Susan X. & Parker, Barnett R. & Pastor, Jesus T.
- 22-37 Group decision-making: Head-count versus intensity of preference
by Saaty, Thomas L. & Shang, Jen S.
- 38-60 Solid waste planning under uncertainty using evolutionary simulation-optimization
by Yeomans, Julian Scott
- 61-89 A flexible inventory model for municipal solid waste recycling
by Louis, Garrick & Shih, Jhih-Shyang
December 2006, Volume 40, Issue 4
September 2006, Volume 40, Issue 3
June 2006, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 93-93 Professor Charles (Chuck) ReVelle
by Parker, B.R.
- 94-118 Assessing the utility of private information in transportation planning studies: A case study of trip generation analysis
by Miller, John S. & Hoel, Lester A. & Goswami, Arkopal & Ulmer, Jared M.
- 119-142 Implications of variant efficiency measures for policy evaluations in UK higher education
by Colin Glass, J. & McCallion, Gillian & McKillop, Donal G. & Rasaratnam, Syamarlah & Stringer, Karl S.
- 143-155 Foreign direct investment: A genetic algorithm approach
by Qi, Chun & Tang, John C.S.
- 156-167 Evaluating the comparative performance of countries of the Middle East and North Africa: A DEA application
by Ramanathan, Ramakrishnan
March 2006, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-14 Illicit drug markets and economic irregularities
by Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Reuter, Peter
- 15-51 Science and politics: The 1981 and 1984 LIHEAP distribution formulas
by Kaiser, Mark J. & Pulsipher, Allan G.
- 52-69 Congestion, ownership, region of operation, and scale: Their impact on bus operator performance in Norway
by Odeck, James
- 70-91 Assessing French nursing home efficiency: An indirect approach via budget-constrained DEA models
by Dervaux, B. & Leleu, H. & Nogues, H. & Valdmanis, V.
December 2005, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 261-285 Evaluating cost efficiency and returns to scale in the Life Insurance Corporation of India using data envelopment analysis
by Tone, Kaoru & Sahoo, Biresh K.
- 287-306 Development similarities in urban clusters: Evidence from a spatial analysis of Israel's urban system
by Portnov, Boris A.
- 307-333 An application of organizational input-output analysis to hospital management
by Correa, Hector & Parker, Barnett R.
- 335-349 Targeting interventions to high-risk populations: Benefits and costs
by Wilson, Amy R. & Kahn, James G. & Oren, Shmuel S.
- 351-359 A note extending Grosskopf, Hayes, Taylor and Weber, "Anticipating the consequences of school reform: A new use of DEA"
by Brockett, Patrick L. & Cooper, W.W. & Lasdon, Leon & Parker, Barnett R.
September 2005, Volume 39, Issue 3
June 2005, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 109-123 A game theoretic analysis of interactions between law abiding citizens and criminals with respect to ownership of guns
by Correa, Hector
- 125-145 The flow-refueling location problem for alternative-fuel vehicles
by Kuby, Michael & Lim, Seow
- 147-164 Data envelopment analysis with stochastic variations in data
by Desai, Anand & Ratick, Samuel J. & Schinnar, Arie P.
- 165-182 A goal-seeking approach to capital budgeting
by Chan, Yupo & DiSalvo, Joseph P. & Garrambone, Michael W.
- 183-192 A note on "Bed allocation techniques based on census data"
by Cote, Murray J.
March 2005, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-10 Modeling the supplementing of human diets
by Lancaster, Lilly M. & Balintfy, Joseph L. & Taj, Shahram
- 11-24 Ranking industry performance in the US
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Nakosteen, Robert
- 25-41 Location of manufactured housing and its accessibility to community services: a GIS-assisted spatial analysis
by Shen, G.
- 43-55 Retail market structure and the threat by the manufacturer to sell goods directly to the consumer
by Ishikawa, Toshiharu & Toda, Masao
- 57-79 An analysis of commonality in the twin metropolitan areas of San Diego, California, and Tijuana, Mexico
by Viswanathan, Nanda K. & Pick, James B. & James Hettrick, W. & Ellsworth, Elliot
- 81-102 A multi-criteria modeling approach to jury selection
by Schniederjans, Marc J. & Hollcroft, Ellen
- 103-107 About the Author: Vol. 39, No.1 (2005)
by Parker, B.
December 2004, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 233-253 DEA evaluations of long- and short-run efficiencies of digital vs. physical product "dot com" companies
by Barua, Anitesh & Brockett, P. L. & Cooper, W. W. & Deng, Honghui & Parker, Barnett R. & Ruefli, T. W. & Whinston, A.
- 255-289 Interregional inequalities in Israel, 1948-1995: divergence or convergence?
by Portnov, Boris A. & Erell, Evyatar
- 291-306 Commentary on facility location in the presence of congested regions with the rectilinear distance metric
by Sarkar, Avijit & Batta, Rajan & Nagi, Rakesh
- 307-320 The benefits of non-radial vs. radial super-efficiency DEA: an application to burden-sharing amongst NATO member nations
by Chen, Yao & Sherman, H. David
- 321-327 About the Authors SEPS 38/4
by Parker, B.
2004, Volume 38, Issue 2-3
March 2004, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-6 Dynamic drug policy: an introduction and overview
by Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Tragler, Gernot
- 7-41 A sequential model for cracking down on street markets for illicit drugs
by Baveja, Alok & Jamil, Mamnoon & Kushary, Debashis
- 43-56 Estimating the relative efficiency of various forms of prevention at different stages of a drug epidemic
by Winkler, Doris & Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Behrens, Doris A. & Tragler, Gernot
- 57-72 Time-optimal switching control for the US cocaine epidemic
by Kaya, C. Yalcin
- 73-90 Operational models for epidemics of problematic drug use: the Mover-Stayer approach to heterogeneity
by Rossi, Carla
- 91-109 An age-structured single-state drug initiation model--cycles of drug epidemics and optimal prevention programs
by Almeder, Christian & Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Feichtinger, Gustav & Tragler, Gernot
December 2003, Volume 37, Issue 4
September 2003, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 169-184 The allocation of intangible resources: the analytic hierarchy process and linear programming
by Saaty, Thomas L. & Vargas, Luis G. & Dellmann, Klaus
- 185-202 The effect of scale and mode of ownership on the financial performance of the Turkish banking sector: results of a DEA-based analysis
by Mercan, Muhammet & Reisman, Arnold & Yolalan, Reha & Emel, Ahmet Burak
- 203-214 Environmental standards as barriers to trade
by Kohn, Robert E.
- 215-234 On the efficiency of national innovation systems
by Nasierowski, W. & Arcelus, F. J.
June 2003, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 85-102 A comparative site evaluation study for relocating Japanese government agencies out of Tokyo
by Takamura, Yoshiharu & Tone, Kaoru
- 103-123 A credit scoring approach for the commercial banking sector
by Emel, Ahmet Burak & Oral, Muhittin & Reisman, Arnold & Yolalan, Reha
- 125-139 Identifying "best" applicants in recruiting using data envelopment analysis
by Johnson, Sharon A. & Zhu, Joe
- 141-163 Advances in physician profiling: the use of DEA
by Wagner, Janet M. & Shimshak, Daniel G. & Novak, Michael A.
March 2003, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-13 Evaluating the introduction of a quasi-market in community care
by Jimenez, Javier Salinas & Chaparro, Francisco Pedraja & Smith, Peter C.
- 15-27 Budgeting for research and development: a dynamic financial simulation approach
by Heidenberger, Kurt & Schillinger, Alexander & Stummer, Christian
- 29-43 Measuring DEA efficiency in cable television network facilities: what are appropriate criteria for determining the amounts of governmental subsidies?
by Jitsuzumi, Toshiya & Nakamura, Akihiro
- 45-68 Physician and hospital funding options in a public system with decreasing resources
by Blake, John T. & Carter, Michael W.
- 69-80 Accurate estimation of expected coverage: revisited
by Saydam, Cem & Aytug, Haldun
December 2002, Volume 36, Issue 4
September 2002, Volume 36, Issue 3
June 2002, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 77-91 Forecasting the resurgence of the US economy in 2001: an expert judgment approach
by Blair, Andrew R. & Nachtmann, Robert & Saaty, Thomas L. & Whitaker, Rozann
- 93-107 Clubs as status symbol: would you belong to a club that accepts you as a member?
by van Ackere, Ann & Haxholdt, Christian
- 109-125 The US Department of Energy's regional economic legacy: spatial dimensions of a half century of dependency
by Greenberg, Michael R. & Lewis, David A. & Frisch, Michael & Lowrie, Karen W. & Mayer, Henry J.
- 127-138 Ceteris paribus, meta-analysis and value transfer
by Bal, F. & Button, K. J. & Nijkamp, P.
- 139-154 Simulation of a probation/parole system
by Bhate-Felsheim, Aarti S. & Ericson, Rebecca D. & Kelton, W. David & Podkopacz, Marcy R. & Wadhwani, Dinesh H. & Welter, Sarah G.
March 2002, Volume 36, Issue 1
December 2001, Volume 35, Issue 4
September 2001, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 149-173 Tenant-based subsidized housing location planning under uncertainty
by Johnson, Michael P.
- 175-188 Strategic analysis of public transport coverage
by Murray, Alan T.
- 189-204 The effects of teaching on hospital productivity
by Grosskopf, Shawna & Margaritis, Dimitri & Valdmanis, Vivian
- 205-215 Slacks and congestion: response to a comment by R. Fare and S. Grosskopf
by Cooper, W. W. & Seiford, L. M. & Zhu, J.
- 217-221 When can slacks be used to identify congestion? An answer to W.W. Cooper, L. Seiford and J. Zhu
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
2001, Volume 35, Issue 2
March 2001, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-1 Obituary of: Professor Carl M. Harris
by Parker, Barnett R.
- 3-3 Obituary of: Professor Carl M. Harris
by Parker, Barnett R.
- 5-5 Obituary of: Professor Carl M. Harris
by Cooper, W. W.
- 7-10 Obituary of: Professor Carl M. Harris
by Gass, Saul I. & Gross, Donald
- 11-30 An iterative switching heuristic to locate hospitals and helicopters
by Branas, Charles C. & Revelle, Charles S.
- 31-56 Innovation dynamics in space: local actors and local factors
by Kangasharju, Aki & Nijkamp, Peter
- 57-80 Investigating technical and scale efficiencies of Australian Universities through data envelopment analysis
by Avkiran, Necmi K.
December 2000, Volume 34, Issue 4
September 2000, Volume 34, Issue 3
June 2000, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 73-84 Racial equity, the United States Army, operations research, and social science
by Loerch, Andrew G. & Harris, Carl M. & Rattner, Edward
- 85-99 Project prioritization: a resource-constrained data envelopment analysis approach
by Cook, Wade D. & Green, Rodney H.
- 101-120 A dynamic optimization model for school network planning
by Antunes, Antonio & Peeters, Dominique
- 121-139 A practical multicriteria methodology for assessing risky public investments
by Beuthe, Michel & Eeckhoudt, Louis & Scannella, Giuseppe
- 141-154 Efficiency gains from regionalization: economic development in China revisited
by Byrnes, Patricia E. & Storbeck, James E.
March 2000, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-25 A unified additive model approach for evaluating inefficiency and congestion with associated measures in DEA
by Cooper, William W. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe
- 27-33 Slacks and congestion: a comment
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 35-49 Network DEA
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 51-67 Efficient provision of child quality of life in less developed countries: conventional development indexes versus a programming approach to development indexes
by Raab, Raymond & Kotamraju, Pradeep & Haag, Stephen
December 1999, Volume 33, Issue 4
September 1999, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 183-204 Questioning conventional wisdom: the regional economic impacts of Major US nuclear weapons sites, 1970-1994
by Greenberg, Michael & Isserman, Andrew & Frisch, Michael & Krueckeberg, Donald & Lowrie, Karen & Mayer, Henry & Simon, Darien & Sorenson, David
- 205-219 European structural patterns applied to transition economies: assessment for Poland and Hungary
by Cohen, S. I.
- 221-230 On consistency of income and cost sharing
by Forgo, Ferenc & Szidarovszky, Ferenc
- 231-245 Patient flow and resource utilization in an outpatient clinic
by Cote, Murray J.
- 247-250 On smoothing performance in periodic merit reviews
by Gerchak, Yigal
June 1999, Volume 33, Issue 2
March 1999, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-23 A multiple criteria decision model for analyzing and choosing among different development patterns for the Helsinki cargo harbor
by Hokkanen, Joonas & Lahdelma, Risto & Salminen, Pekka
- 25-38 Bed allocation techniques based on census data
by Lapierre, Sophie D. & Goldsman, David & Cochran, Roger & DuBow, Janice
- 39-59 Mixture distribution analysis of length of hospital stay for efficient funding
by Xiao, Jianguo & Lee, Andy H. & Vemuri, Siva Ram
- 61-84 Models for conflict resolution in ecosystem management
by Shields, Deborah J. & Tolwinski, Boleslaw & Kent, Brian M.
December 1998, Volume 32, Issue 4
September 1998, Volume 32, Issue 3