A directional slacks-based measure of technical inefficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2008. "ינואר 2008," Working Papers 215, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Cooper, W.W. & Huang, Zhimin & Li, Susan X. & Parker, Barnett R. & Pastor, Jesus T., 2007. "Efficiency aggregation with enhanced Russell measures in data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, pages 1-21.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2008. "גיליון מספר 3," Working Papers 70, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- דר אורנה בראון-אפל ולובה בלין, 2008. "שירות אישי לבטיחות ילדים," Working Papers 190, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Charles Blackorby & R. Russell, 1999. "Aggregation of Efficiency Indices," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, pages 5-20.
- Robert Russell, R., 1990. "Continuity of measures of technical efficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 255-267, August.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 469-492.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2008. "תקציב תפעולי לשנת 2008," Working Papers 74, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap, 2004. "Japan's Financial Crisis and Economic Stagnation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 3-26.
- Michael Devaney & William Weber, 2002. "Small-Business Lending and Profit Efficiency in Commercial Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, pages 225-246.
- Park, Kang H. & Weber, William L., 2006. "A note on efficiency and productivity growth in the Korean Banking Industry, 1992-2002," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 2371-2386, August.
- Briec, W., 2000. "An extended Fare-Lovell technical efficiency measure," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 191-199, April.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2008. "דין וחשבון שנתי לשנת 2007," Working Papers 234, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Altunbas, Yener & Liu, Ming-Hau & Molyneux, Philip & Seth, Rama, 2000. "Efficiency and risk in Japanese banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1605-1628, October.
- דר יואב סנטו, 2008. "פרויקט הורי"ם נפגעי סמים," Working Papers 75, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- דר שוקי הנדלס, 2008. "המרכז לתעסוקת מבוגרים," Working Papers 176, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Weber, William L., 2005. "Estimating output gains by means of Luenberger efficiency measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 535-547, July.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 91-107.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1078-1092.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2008. "גיליון מספר 2," Working Papers 67, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003.
"Economic benefits of management reform in the northern Gulf of Mexico reef fish fishery,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 207-230, September.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003. "Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Northern Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Fishery," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10828, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- אסתר טולדנו, 2008. "מקבלי דמי אבטלה בשנת 2007," Working Papers 574, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Rolf Fare & Shawna Grosskopf & William Weber, 2004. "The effect of risk-based capital requirements on profit efficiency in banking," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1731-1743.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- J. Colin Glass & Donal McKillop & Yukio Morikawa, 1998. "Intermediation and value-added models for estimating cost economies in large Japanese banks 1977-93," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 653-661.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Emrouznejad, Ali & Parker, Barnett R. & Tavares, Gabriel, 2008. "Evaluation of research in efficiency and productivity: A survey and analysis of the first 30 years of scholarly literature in DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, pages 151-157.
- Hancock, Diana, 1985. "The Financial Firm: Production with Monetary and Nonmonetary Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 859-880, October.
- Sealey, Calvin W, Jr & Lindley, James T, 1977. "Inputs, Outputs, and a Theory of Production and Cost at Depository Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1251-1266, September.
- Gattoufi, Said & Oral, Muhittin & Reisman, Arnold, 2004. "A taxonomy for data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, pages 141-158.
- Park, Kang H. & Weber, William L., 2006.
"Profitability of Korean banks: Test of market structure versus efficient structure,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, pages 222-239.
- Duca, John V., 2005. "Mutual funds and the evolving long-run effects of stock wealth on U.S. consumption," Working Papers 0511, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Pastor, J. T. & Ruiz, J. L. & Sirvent, I., 1999. "An enhanced DEA Russell graph efficiency measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 596-607, June.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis (DEA) Slacks-based measures Directional technology distance function RAM Japanese Shinkin banks (credit associations);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:43:y:2009:i:4:p:274-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.