Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
March 1999, Volume 33, Issue 1
December 1998, Volume 32, Issue 4
September 1998, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 171-187 Competing Against a Public Service
by Van Ackere, Ann
- 189-198 Survival Prediction in the Intensive Care Unit: a Comparison of Neural Networks and Binary Logit Regression
by Goss, Ernest Preston & Ramchandani, Harish
- 199-209 The Costs of Multi-product Organizations and the Heuristic Evaluation of Industrial Structure
by Johnes, Geraint
- 211-231 Trade-off Analysis in the Assessment of Pollutant Concentrations: a Simulation-based Approach for Bioremediation
by Chengalur-Smith, Indushobha N. & Tayi, Giri Kumar
- 233-238 Travelling Wave Solutions in Innovation Diffusion
by Lal, V. B. & Karmeshu & Puri, Sanjay
- 239-252 Dynamic Public Policy Making Through Decision Support Systems
by Forgionne, Guisseppi A. & Frager, Yehuda S.
June 1998, Volume 32, Issue 2
March 1998, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-20 Inefficiency and congestion in Chinese production before and after the 1978 economic reforms
by Brockett, Patrick L. & Cooper, William W. & Wang, Yuying & Shin, Hong-Chul
- 21-23 Congestion: a note
by Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna
- 25-43 Siting efficiency of long-term health care facilities
by Shroff, HomeeF. E. & Gulledge, Th. R. & Haynes, Kingsley E. & O'Neill, Molly K.
- 45-55 Estimating HIV incidence: An ill-posed problem
by Lessner, Lawrence
- 57-66 Assessing an ill-posed solution for the back calculation of the AIDS epidemic
by Lessner, Lawrence
- 67-81 Underpinning professional career development through a systems analysis methodology
by Ginn, Martin E.
December 1997, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 245-255 The Washington operations research connection: the rest of the story
by Gass, Saul I.
- 257-280 Changing the paradigm for telemedicine development and evaluation: a prospective model-based approach
by Bonder, Seth & Zajtchuk, Russ
- 281-291 Snapshot samples
by Kaplan, Edward H.
- 293-306 When haste makes sense: Cracking down on street markets for illicit drugs
by Baveja, Alok & Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Liu, Wensheng & Batta, Rajan & Karwan, Mark H.
- 307-319 Modeling the day-of-the-week shopping activity and travel patterns
by Yun, Dae-Sic & O'Kelly, M. E.
September 1997, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 165-172 The Peruvian Hostage Crisis of 1996-1997: What Should the Government Do?
by Saaty, Thomas L. & Mu, Enrique
- 173-189 A Simulation Model for the Analysis and Management of An Emergency Service System
by Zaki, Ahmed S. & Cheng, Hsing Kenneth & Parker, Barnett R.
- 191-204 The Economic and Social Performance of Nations: Efficiency and Returns to Scale
by Golany, Boaz & Thore, Sten
- 205-216 A Proposal for Designing Employment Contracts for Government Managers
by Bowlin, William F.
- 217-230 Canadian Non-Market Depletion Rules: A Simulation Study of Resource Protection Formulae
by Calantone, Carl
- 231-240 Environmental Policy Assessment and the Usefulness of Meta-analysis
by Button, Kenneth & Nijkamp, Peter
June 1997, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 87-101 Refinements of Paltiel and Kaplan's Decision-theoretic model of AIDS clinical trials
by Bosch, Robert A. & Stout, Natasha K.
- 103-113 Facility location in the presence of congested regions with the rectilinear distance metric
by Butt, Steven E. & Cavalier, Tom M.
- 115-126 Providers' incentives to participate and contribute: a neglected aspect in the development of central matching systems for the allocation of cadaveric kidneys
by Yuan, Yufie & Gafni, Amiram & Russell, J. David & Ludwin, David
- 127-137 Dynamics of drug consumption: a theoretical model
by Gragnani, A. & Rinaldi, S. & Feichtinger, G.
- 139-146 Stationary and time-dependent policies for the substitute teacher pool problem
by Parlar, Mahmut
- 147-159 Competitive benchmarking of health care quality using the analytic hierarchy process: an example from Korean cancer Clinics
by Min, Hokey & Mitra, Amitava & Oswald, Sharon
March 1997, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-9 Analyzing the impact of AZT on the progression of HIV infection: Proportional or constant delay over three years of treatment
by Salzberg, Allan M. & Macrae, Duncan Jr. & Lee, Lester W.
- 11-28 Political district determination using large-scale network optimization
by George, John A. & Lamar, Bruce W. & Wallace, Chris A.
- 29-39 Extending the applicability of the analytic hierarchy process
by Huizingh, Eelko K. R. E. & Vrolijk, Hans C. J.
- 41-55 A fast algorithm for large-scale controlled rounding of 3-dimensional census tables
by Ring, Brendan J. & George, John A. & Kuan, Chong Juin
- 57-67 Scheduling the carriers of a hospital delivery service
by Gascon, Viviane & Michelon, Philippe
- 69-82 Statistical quality control and social processes: A drug testing application
by Matheson, Lance A. & Lattimore, Pamela K. & Baker, Joanna R.
December 1996, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 237-244 The index of decent subsistence
by Balintfy, Joseph L. & Rook, Sarah P. & Taj, Shahram
- 245-256 Simulating urban population density with a gravity-based model
by Wang, Fahui & Guldmann, Jean-Michel
- 257-292 Measuring the performance of hotel operations
by Parkan, Celik
- 293-301 Reducing tax receipt volatility in a developing country
by Perdue, D. Grady & Stewart, Terri L.
- 303-313 Age-test Markov chains for drug testing and detection
by Boyle, James P. & Thompson, Theodore J.
September 1996, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 157-162 The battle of the burger chains: Which is best--Burger King, McDonald's or Wendy's?
by Bosch, Robert A.
- 163-181 Integrated solid waste management in Urban India: A critical operational research framework
by Sudhir, V. & Muraleedharan, V. R. & Srinivasan, G.
- 183-193 A multi-objective approach to nurse scheduling with both hard and soft constraints
by Berrada, Ilham & Ferland, Jacques A. & Michelon, Philippe
- 195-206 A hybrid conjoint measurement and bi-criteria model for a two group negotiation problem
by Angur, Madhukar G. & Lotfi, Vahid & Sarkis, Joseph
- 207-219 Driver choice of parking in the city
by Lambe, Thomas A.
- 221-231 The crack epidemic: Empirical findings support an hypothesized diffusion of innovation process
by Golub, Andrew & Johnson, Bruce D.
June 1996, Volume 30, Issue 2
March 1996, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-14 Urban growth and circular flow in a SAM-framework: The case of The Netherlands
by Cohen, S. I.
- 15-26 Emission reductions and ecological response: Management models for acid rain control
by Ellis, Hugh & Ringold, Paul L. & Holdren, George Jr
- 27-38 Community determinants of psychiatric hospitalization and length of stay
by Rothbard, Aileen B. & Schinnar, Arie P.
- 39-49 A systematic approach to natural recreational resource management
by Wang, Hsiao-Lin
- 51-66 A model for locating automatic external defibrillators
by Mandell, Marvin B. & Becker, Les R.
- 67-76 A post-Keynesian model of growth with distributional improvements
by Teixeira, Joanilio Rodolpho & Thompson Araujo, Jorge
December 1995, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 261-271 Integrated fire and ambulance siting: A deterministic model
by Revelle, Charles & Snyder, Stephanie
- 273-285 A Delphi study of goals and evaluation criteria of state and privately owned Latin American airlines
by Cooper, William W. & Gallegos, Armando & Granof, Michael H.
- 287-303 Market attractiveness of developing countries
by Tripodo, G. & Dazzi, N.
- 305-314 Cocaine consumption in the United States: Estimating past trends and future scenarios
by Sohler Everingham, Susan M. & Peter Rydell, C. & Caulkins, Jonathan P.
- 315-324 Funding polytechnics in England: An application of non-linear programming
by Turner, David A. & Pratt, John
- 325-335 Deciphering the impact of voluntary export restraints (VERs): A view through two analytic lenses
by Mcgowan, Richard & Vaughan, Thomas
September 1995, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 169-185 Small area student enrollment projections based on a modifiable spatial filter
by Rushton, Gerard & Armstrong, Marc P. & Lolonis, Panagiotis
- 187-195 Exporting toxic waste
by Kohn, Robert E.
- 197-218 Energy resource allocation incorporating qualitative and quantitative criteria: An integrated model using goal programming and AHP
by Ramanathan, R. & Ganesh, L. S.
- 219-226 Integrating technological change into planning: The case for an interdisciplinary perspective
by Morell, Jonathan A.
- 227-243 Spatial economic impacts of new town development in Hong Kong: A GIS-based shift-share analysis
by Sui, Daniel Z.
- 245-256 A knowledge based approach to the faculty-course assignment problem
by Partovi, Fariborz Y. & Arinze, Bay
June 1995, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 85-112 DEA and stochastic frontier analyses of the 1978 Chinese economic reforms
by Cooper, W. W. & Kumbhakar, Subal & Thrall, Robert M. & Yu, Xuelin
- 113-124 Provision of public services when private alternatives exist
by van Ackere, Ann
- 125-137 The SHARP way to plan health care services: A description of the system and some illustrative applications in nursing human resource planning
by Denton, Frank T. & Gafni, Amiram & Spencer, Byron G.
- 139-150 Efficiency of hospital service production in local markets: The balance sheet of U.S. medical armament
by Ozcan, Yasar A.
- 151-163 A Thurstonian comparison of the analytic hierarchy process and probabilistic multidimensional scaling through application to the nuclear waste site selection decision
by Bowen, William M.
March 1995, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-16 The marginal practice cost of physicians' services
by Pope, Gregory C. & Burge, Russel T.
- 17-38 Grey fuzzy integer programming: An application to regional waste management planning under uncertainty
by Huang, G. H. & Baetz, B. W. & Patry, G. G.
- 39-46 The maximizing market size discretionary facility location problem with congestion
by Berman, Obed
- 47-57 Nonlinear effects of teaching and consulting on academic research productivity
by Mitchell, John E. & Rebne, Douglas S.
- 59-79 A review of program evaluation and fund allocation methods within the service and government sectors
by Zanakis, Stelios H. & Mandakovic, Tomislav & Gupta, Sushil K. & Sahay, Sundeep & Hong, Sungwan
December 1994, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 211-217 Impact of capital formation on input-output multipliers
by Gowdy, John M. & Miller, Jack L.
- 219-227 Technical efficiency and the competitive behavior of hospitals
by Chirikos, Thomas N. & Sear, Alan M.
- 229-240 Allocation and routing of mobile computed tomography equipment
by Rajagopalan, S. & Loomba, Arvinder P. S.
- 241-249 Where have all the traditional classroom settings gone?--The use of large scale, public sector projects to illustrate a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving
by Prybutok, Victor R. & Bajgier, Steve M. & Maragah, Hazem & Verzilli, Andrew
- 251-276 Implementation of continuous risk utility assessment: The total hip replacement decision
by Pellissier, James M. & Hazen, Gordon B.
1994, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 137-146 Inspection optimization model
by Filar, Jerzy A. & Nickerson, Donna J. & Ross, N. Phillip
- 147-165 Scheduling as a multi-person, multi-period decision problem
by Van Ackere, Ann
- 167-178 The queuing probabilistic location set covering problem and some extensions
by Marianov, Vladimir & Revelle, Charles
- 179-195 On the solution of quantitative policy analysis models using bi-level programming
by Breiner, Avishai & Avriel, Mordecai
- 197-206 Integrating the analytic hierarchy process (AHP) into the multiobjective budgeting models of public sector organizations
by Greenberg, Robert R. & Nunamaker, Thomas R.
1994, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 69-84 Learning from ex ante/ex post cost-benefit comparisons: the coquihalla highway example
by Boardman, Anthony E. & Mallery, Wendy L. & Vining, Aidan R.
- 85-100 Three proposals for improving short-term on-street parking
by Saltzman, Robert M.
- 101-112 Cross-subsidization in the telephone industry: Empirical evidence from the pre-divestiture era
by Guldmann, Jean-Michel
- 113-120 Accurate estimation of expected coverage: A comparative study
by Saydam, Cem & Repede, John & Burwell, Timothy
- 121-131 The cost of decent subsistence in perspective
by Lancaster, Lilly M. & Taj, Shahram
1994, Volume 28, Issue 1
December 1993, Volume 27, Issue 4
September 1993, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 153-169 Policies for curbing the HIV epidemic in the United States: Implications of a simulation model
by Salzberg, Allan M. & Macrae, Duncan Jr
- 171-179 Partial efficiencies in data envelopment analysis
by Roll, Yaakov & Cook, Wade D.
- 181-198 Lifetime smoking patterns: A transition probability analysis
by Denton, Frank T. & Spencer, Byron G. & Welland, Deborah A.
- 199-207 Estimating actual rates of drug use
by Gleason, John M. & Barnum, Darold T.
- 209-217 Organizational determinants of performance of outpatient mental health programs
by Schinnar, A. P. & Kamis-Gould, E. & Enama-Markson, L. & Rothbard, A. B. & Ramachandran, N.
- 219-232 Continuum of care trauma outcome evaluation
by Sacco, William J. & Long, William B. & Copes, Wayne S. & Borzotta, Anthony P. & Cardinal, Joyce & Coombes, Susan S. & Haun, Michelle M. & Bullock, Amy A. & Melville, Jane K.
June 1993, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 73-89 Modeling the response of illicit drug markets to local enforcement
by Baveja, Alok & Batta, Rajan & Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Karwan, Mark H.
- 91-96 Optimal workforce configuration incorporating absenteeism and daily workload variability
by Herman, Oded & Larson, Richard C.
- 97-108 Simulating the evacuation of a small city: the effects of traffic factors
by Sinuany-Stern, Zilla & Stern, Eliahu
- 109-118 Assessment of intergovernmental revenue transfers
by Ali, Agha Iqbal & Lerme, Catherine S. & Nakosteen, Robert A.
- 119-130 Geography's impact on the success of focused local drug enforcement operations
by Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Larson, Richard C. & Rich, Thomas F.
- 131-136 A tentative back injury model related to nurses caring for geriatric patients
by Lo, Sing Kai & Boldy, Duncan & Ha, Stephen
- 137-148 A goal programming workload balancing optimization model for ambulance allocation: An application to Shanghai, P.R.China
by Zhu, Zhiwei & McKnew, Mark A.
March 1993, Volume 27, Issue 1
October 1992, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 231-239 The effects of social heterogeneity on travel patterns: A replication study
by Parolin, Bruno
- 241-255 OR vice: Forecasting and classification techniques for narcotics interdiction
by Brown, Deborah C. & Curry, Thomas F. & Hoyle, Stephen C. & Seader, John H. & Tomick, John J. & Dziuban, Stephen T.
- 257-274 Employment impacts of energy: A survey and framework for analysis
by Capros, Pantelis & Karadeloglou, Pavlos & Mentzas, Gregory
- 275-287 An integrated approach to measuring potential spatial access to health care services
by Khan, Abdullah A.
- 289-300 An application of a spatially distributed queuing model to an ambulance system
by Burwell, Timothy H. & McKnew, Mark A. & Jarvis, James P.
July 1992, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 149-168 Forecasting the extent of the HIV/AIDS epidemic
by Harris, Carl M. & Rattner, Edward & Sutton, Clifton
- 169-180 Modelling the use of health services by populations of small areas to inform the allocation of central resources to larger regions
by Royston, G. H. D. & Hurst, J. W. & Lister, E. G. & Stewart, P. A.
- 181-190 Training and technology transfer: Efforts of Japanese, Mexican and American maquiladora companies in Mexico
by Raafat, Feraidoon (Fred) & Saghafi, Massoud M. & Schlesinger, Robert J. & Kiyota, Kenichi
- 191-202 Nash-efficient siting of hazardous facilities
by Richardson, James
- 203-212 Operational research: From war to community
by Molinero, Cecilio Mar
- 213-222 Policy issues involving housing commercialization in the People's Republic of China
by Song, Shunfeng
April 1992, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 75-88 Measuring the industrial performance of Chinese cities by data envelopment analysis
by Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki
- 89-102 Deconcentration, counter-urbanization, or trend reversal? The population distribution of Switzerland, 1900-1980
by Schaeffer, Peter V.
- 103-110 High-risk clients and mental health care management
by Schinnar, Arie P. & Rothbard, Aileen B.
- 111-127 A macro model of change in specialty and spatial distribution of physicians in Canada, 1971-1981
by Krishnan, Vijaya
- 129-146 Strategic decision support in preventive health care
by Heidenberger, Kurt
January 1992, Volume 26, Issue 1
1991, Volume 25, Issue 4
1991, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 167-178 A multiperiod compartmental model of the HIV pandemic in the United States
by Salzberg, Allan M. & Dolins, Stanley L. & Salzberg, Carol
- 179-188 A multiobjective vehicle routing problem with soft time windows: the case of a public library distribution system
by Min, Hokey
- 189-197 A new network representation of a "classic" school districting problem
by Schoepfle, O. Benjamin & Church, Richard L.
- 199-210 An evaluation of Environmental Protection Agency-sanctioned statistical methods used in the assessment of groundwater quality
by Divoky, James J. & Rothermel, Mary Anne & Taylor, Richard W.
- 211-219 An examination of articles in the eight leading management information systems journals: 1980-1988
by Shim, J. P. & English, John B. & Yoon, J.
- 221-231 A taxonomy for manpower forecasting and planning
by Reisman, Arnold & Song, Moon Ho & Ikem, Fidelis
- 233-245 A multicriteria approach for library needs assessment and budget allocation
by Zanakis, Stelios H.
1991, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 87-88 Introduction : Public-sector applications of the analytic hierarchy process
by Wasil, Edward Jr & Golden, Bruce L.
- 89-102 Locating obnoxious facilities in the public sector: An application of the analytic hierarchy process to municipal landfill siting decisions
by Erkut, Erhan & Moran, Stephen R.
- 103-112 Using the analytic hierarchy process in water resources planning: Selection of flood control projects
by Willett, Keith & Sharda, Ramesh
- 113-121 Selecting a survey design to monitor recreational angling for striped bass in the Chesapeake Bay
by Imber, Susan & Wasil, Edward Jr & Golden, Bruce & Stagg, Cluney
- 123-132 Environmental factor weighting at the federal energy regulatory commission
by Stewart, William Jr & Horowitz, Evan R.
- 133-142 On the development and validation of multicriteria ratings: A case study
by Gass, Saul I. & Torrence, Sara R.
- 143-154 Evaluating fire protection investment decisions for homeowners
by Fuller, Sieglinde K.
- 155-162 Modeling the graduate business school admissions process
by Saaty, Thomas L. & France, James W. & Valentine, Kathleen Riehle
1991, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-8 Using quantitative techniques to improve athletic schedules
by Shirley, Britt M. & Fleck, Robert Jr
- 9-26 A disaggregation model of a flexible nurse scheduling support system
by Ozkarahan, Irem
- 27-34 Capital budgeting in hospital management using the analytic hierarchy process
by Tarimcilar, M. Murat & Khaksari, Shahriar Z.
- 35-48 A new approach to optimal selection of services in health care organizations
by Adolphson, Donald L. & Baird, Mark L. & Lawrence, Kenneth D.
- 49-53 The declining effectiveness of Mexican fiscal policy
by Looney, Robert E. & Frederiksen, Pater C.
- 55-65 Public sector projects in a mathematical modeling course
by Sennott, Linn I.
- 67-81 Group decision making: Suppositions and practice
by Islei, Gred & Lockett, Geoff
1990, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 239-247 Health care expenditures for the elderly: A current and future dilemma
by Pegels, C. Carl
- 249-260 Screening strategies to inhibit the spread of AIDS
by Nahmias, Steven & Feinstein, Charles D.
- 261-271 The concept of corporate social responsibility applied to trade associations
by Gupta, Shiv K. & Brubaker, David R.
- 273-283 Developing a tutoring module for presentation of computerized patient management problems
by Barriga, Rosa M. & Vanek, Eugenia P. & Mann, Katherine H. & Reisman, Arnold & Kent, Lawrence T.
- 285-294 Resource allocation, equity and public risk: Dying one at a time vs dying all together
by Mehrez, Abraham & Gafni, Amiram
- 295-306 The spatial dimensions of accessibility to general hospitals in rural Nigeria
by Okafor, Francis C.
1990, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 173-185 An econometric model of an episode of mental health care for patients with mild conditions: Implications for caregiver substitution
by Cross, John G. & Knesper, David J. & De Rooij, J. Paul
- 187-197 A mathematical model for scheduling screening tests for progressive diseases
by Houshyar, Abdolazim & Al-Khayyal, Faiz A.
- 199-216 A sequential programming model of urban land development
by Moore, James II & Gordon, Peter
- 217-228 Managing technology for development: a systems perspective
by Saeed, Khalid
- 229-236 Attractiveness as a tourist destination: A comparative study of Thailand and selected countries
by Tang, John C. S. & Rochananond, Narisara
1990, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 81-95 Measures of hospital market structure: a review of the alternatives and a proposed approach
by Zwanziger, Jack & Melnick, Glenn A. & Mann, Joyce M.
- 97-105 An evolutionary approach to the informal sector in third world metropolitan areas
by Weiss, Dieter
- 107-124 Explorations with RAS in projecting an occupation-education relationship in India
by Alam, Moneer
- 125-141 A simulation model for evaluating a set of emergency vehicle base locations: Development, validation, and usage
by Goldberg, Jeffrey & Dietrich, Robert & Chen, Jen Ming & Mitwasi, Mousa & Valenzuela, Terry & Criss, Elizabeth
- 143-153 Technical issues in measuring scholastic improvement due to compensatory education programs
by Desai, Anand & Schinnar, Arie P.
- 155-168 Nationalization, socialism and the optimum size of the state sector
by Cantor, Paul
1990, Volume 24, Issue 1