Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Current editor:
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
July 1991, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 141-150 The costs of treating hypertension -- an analysis of different cut-off points
by Johannesson, Magnus & Borgquis, Lars & Jonsson, Bengt & Rastam, Lennart
- 151-157 Quantitative measures of medical activities in relation to diagnosis in primary health care
by Krakau, Ingvar
- 159-168 Urban health in The Netherlands: health situation, health care facilities and public health policy
by Garretsen, H. F. L. & Raat, H.
- 169-185 Chiropody and the QALY: a case study in assigning categories of disability and distress to patients
by Bryan, Stirling & Parkin, David & Donaldson, Cam
- 187-185 Health services for adults with physical disabilities. A survey of district health authorities 1988/89 : By F. Edwards and M. Warren London, The Royal College of Physicians of London, 1990, 144 pp., ISBN 1-873240-04-X
by van de Rest, J.
- 188-189 Healthy people. Citizens chart the course : Edited by M. Stoto, R. Behrens and C. Rosemont Washington D.C., National Academy Press, 228 pp., 1990, ISBN 0-309-04340-9, [pound sign]20.75
June 1991, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-10 The relation between quantity and quality with coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery
by Banta, David & Bos, Michael
- 11-24 Health services reform in Poland: Issues in recent developments
by Wlodarczyk, W. Cezary & Mierzewski, Piotr
- 25-36 EuroQol(c): health-related quality of life measurement. Valuations of health states by the general public in Norway
by Nord, Erik
- 37-48 EuroQol(c): health-related quality of life measurement. Results of the Swedish questionnaire exercise
by Brooks, Richard G. & Jendteg, Stefan & Lindgren, Bjorn & Persson, Ulf & Bjork, Stefan
- 49-56 Territorial justice and RAWP
by Powell, Martin A.
- 57-85 Policy and implementation of user fees in Jamaican public hospitals
by Lewis, Maureen A. & Parker, Clover
- 87-88 Screening in health care. Benefit or bane? : By W. Holland and S. Stewart The Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, London, 1990, 233 pp. ISBN 0-90057476-3, [pound sign]15.00
by Jozan, P.
April 1991, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 209-225 U.S. initiatives and approaches for outcomes and effectiveness research
by Gornick, Marian & Lubitz, James & Riley, Gerald
- 227-242 Advanced home health care
by de Lissovoy, Gregory & Feustle, Judith A.
- 243-256 Palliative radiotherapy - counting the costs of changing practice
by Goddard, Maria & Maher, Elizabeth J. & Hutton, John & Shah, Damu
- 257-284 Antitrust policy in the Dutch health care system and the relevance of EEC competition policy and U.S. antitrust practice
by Schut, Frederik T. & Greenberg, Warren & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 285-307 Annotated bibliography: Psychosocial aspects of AIDS on the professional caregiver
by Nashman, Honey W. & Hoare, Carol H.
- 309-310 What price quality? The NHS in review : G. McLachlan The Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, London, 1990, 298 pp., ISBN 0-900574-739, [pound sign]15.00
by Casparie, A.
- 310-310 National priorities for the assessment of clinical conditions and medical technologies. Report of a pilot study : By the Priority-Setting Group Council on Health Care Technology of the Institute of Medicine National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1990, 107 pp., ISBN 0-309-04236-4, [pound sign]10.75
by Banta, D.
March 1991, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 97-119 DRGs: The state of the art, circa 1990
by McGuire, Thomas E.
- 121-132 Issues for comparability of DRG statistics in Europe. Results from EURODRG
by Casas, Merce
- 133-149 The impact of different coding systems on DRG assignment and data
by Reid, Beth
- 151-164 Refined DRGs: Trials in Europe
by Freeman, Jean L.
- 165-177 Hospital comparisons using a Euro Health Data Base for resource management and strategic planning
by Roger France, Francis H. & Alban, Anita & Barber, Barry & Beguin, Claire & Bruster, Steve & Closon, Marie-Christine & Ruiz, Ulises & Taroni, Francesco & Uberla, Karl & van den Heuvel, Richard
- 179-194 The development of cost information by DRG - experience in a Barcelona hospital
by Ibern, Pere & Bisbel, Josep & Casas, Merce
- 195-200 Samgraph
by Bemhardt, Terry & Ohnsorg, Fritz
February 1991, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-23 Economic evaluation in health care: Is there a role for cost-benefit analysis?
by Johannesson, Magnus & Jonsson, Bengt
- 25-37 The introduction and evaluation of magnetic resonance imaging in Australia
by Hailey, David M. & Crowe, Bernard L.
- 39-50 The feasibility of additive conjoint measurement in measuring utilities in breast cancer patients
by Verhoef, C. G. & Maas, A. & Stalpers, L. J. A. & Verbeek, A. L. M. & Wobbes, Th. & van Daal, W. A. J.
- 51-76 Minding our Ps and Qs? financial incentives for efficient hospital behaviour
by Donaldson, Cam & Gerard, Karen
- 77-86 A surplus of physicians in Israel: Any lessons for the United States and other industrialized countries?
by Anderson, Gerard F. & Antebi, Shlomi
- 87-88 Eco-sante German version 2.1
by Huber, M. & Schnelder, M.
- 89-90 Changing ideas in health care : Edited by D. Seedhouse and A. Cribb John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chicester, 1989, 236 pp., ISBN 0-471-92068-1, [pound sign]9.95
by Maxwell, R.
- 90-90 Nutrition policy for food-rich countries. A strategic analysis : By N. Milio The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Maryland, 1990, 223 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3951-3, US$46.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 90-91 Quality of life and technology assessment. Monograph of the council on health care technology of the institute of medicine : Edited by F. Mosteller and J. Falotic-Taylor National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1989, 119 pp., ISBN 0-309-04098-1
by Hunt, S.
December 1990, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 187-197 Promoting healthy behaviour: The importance of economic analysis in policy formulation for AIDS prevention
by Birch, Stephen & Stoddart, Greg
- 209-220 GP budget holding in the United Kingdom: Learning from American HMOs
by Weiner, Jonathan P. & Ferriss, David M.
- 221-232 Hypertension, gender, job hazards and absenteeism in a 1973 national sample of U.S. workers
by Leigh, J. Paul
- 233-239 Switching drugs from prescription-only to over-the-counter availability: economic benefits in the United Kingdom
by Ryan, Mandy & Yule, Brian
- 241-253 Costs and benefits of early detection of prostatic cancer
by Carlsson, Per & Pedersen, Knud V. & Varenhorst, Eberhard
- 255-263 Service management: New Zealand's model of resource management
by Malcolm, Laurence
- 265-266 Health inequalities in European countries : By J. Fox (ed.) Gower in Association with the European Science Foundation, Aldershot, 1989, 414 pp., ISBN 0566-05497-3, [pound sign]42.00
by Schepers, R.
- 266-267 The Dutch sentinel practice network: Relevance for public health policy : By A. Bartelds, J. Fracheboud and J. van der Zee (eds.) Utrecht, Netherlands Institute of Primary Health Care (NIVEL), 1989, 357 pp., ISBN 90-6905-109-5, fl. 40.00
by Bass, M.
- 267-268 Analysis of the support of first-referral hospitals to primary health care services, including the activities of hospitals in disease prevention and health promotion. WHO-Report : By K. Lee and G. Hoare 58 pp., Copenhagen, 1989
by Ghei, P.
November 1990, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 95-103 The policies of organ transplantation in Europe: issues and problems
by Defever, Mia
- 105-115 Organ donation, the legal framework
by Roscam Abbing, H. D. C.
- 117-122 Criteria for selecting organ donors and recipients
by Michielsen, Paul
- 123-126 A second opinion - In defence of the living donor transplant
by Jakobsen, Arnt
- 127-131 Organ donation: The role of hospitals
by Land, Walter & Schulz, Christl
- 133-145 The diffusion of organ transplantation in Western Europe
by Rigter, H. & Bos, M. A.
- 147-161 Orthotopic liver transplantation in The Netherlands. The results and impact of a medical technology assessment
by Bonsel, Gouke J. & Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise & de Charro, Frank T. & van der Maas, Paul J. & Dik, J. & Habbema, F.
- 161-163 The infant with anencephaly
by Stumpf, D. A. & Cranford, R. E. & Elias, S. & Fost, N. C. & McQuillen, M. P. & Myer, E. C. & Poland, R. & Queenan, J. T.
- 161-163 Ethical issues with ESRD patients
by O'Dell, K.
- 161-163 A review of public policies to procure and distribute kidneys for transplantation
by Singer, P. A.
- 161-163 Transplantation of organs from newborns with anencephaly
by Leclerc, R. & Watts, J. L. & Ali, S. K. & Biggar, D. & Chance, G. & Kenny, N. P. & Melancon, S.
- 161-164 Misuse of an organ
by Evans, R. W. & Manninen, D. L.
- 161-164 Out of the blue: Psychological profile of an unsolicited organ donor
by Olbrisch, M. E. & Levenson, J. L.
- 161-164 The ethics of liver transplantation from a living donor
by Spital, A. & Spital, M.
- 161-164 The artificial heart as a bridge to transplant: Ethical and legal issues at the bedside
by Schiedermayer, D. L. & Shapiro, R. S.
- 164-165 Legal framework for organ donation and transplantation
by Rodgers, S. B.
- 165-165 Organ procurement and transplantation
by Davis, F. D.
- 165-165 Delegates grapple with ethical issues at international transplant meeting
by Poliock, C.
- 165-166 Ethical issues in the use of anencephalic infants as organ donors
by Shinnar, S. & Arras, J.
- 166-166 Ethics of liver transplantation with living donors
by Singer, P. A. & Siegler, M. & Whitington, P. F. & Lantos, J. D. & Emond, J. C. & Thistlethwaite, J. R. & Broelsch, C. E.
- 166-166 Unconventional living kidney donors - Attitudes and use among transplant centers
by Spital, A.
- 166-167 Cadaveric organ donation: Ethical considerations for a new approach
by Kleinman, I. & Lowy, F. H.
- 167-167 Ethical Issues - a Middle East perspective
by Daar, A. S.
- 167-167 Removing organs from anencephalic Infants: Ethical and legal considerations
by Fost, N.
- 167-167 Procurement and allocation policies: should receiving depend on willingness to give?
by Muyskens, J.
- 167-167 Criteria for transplantation: a physician's perspective
by Burrows, L.
- 167-167 The report of the U.S. Task Force on organ transplantation: criticisms and alternatives
by Kamm, F. M.
- 167-168 Ethical criteria for procuring and distributing organs for transplantation
by Childress, J. F.
- 168-168 Marketing of human organs and tissues is justified and necessary
by Kevorkian, J.
- 168-168 The economics and ethics of markets for human organs
by Hansmann, H.
- 168-168 Ethical dilemmas of neonatal-perinatal surgery
by Rostain, A. L. & Bhutani, V. K.
- 168-169 Ethics and organ transplantation in children
by Royer, P.
- 168-169 The desperate case: CARE (costs, applicability, research, ethics)
by Moore, F. D.
- 168-169 Kidney for sale by live donor
by Brahams, D.
- 168-169 Kidneys for sale
by Phillips, M.
- 168-169 The neurologist's role in transplantation medicine
by Kascha, S. & Barolin, G. S.
- 169-170 A nursing perspective of the ethical issues surrounding liver transplantation
by Omery, A. & Caswell, D.
- 170-170 'So quick bright things come to confusion
by Capron, A. M.
- 170-170 Anencephalic infants as organ donors. Legal and ethical perspectives
by Leggans, T.
- 170-170 Defining death: Organ transplants, tradition and technology in Japan
by Feldman, E. A.
- 170-171 Three ethical revolutions: Ancient assumptions remodeled under pressure of transplantation
by Moore, F. D.
- 170-171 Ethical issues in organ allocation
by Dossetor, J. B.
- 170-171 Ethical and legal considerations in the care of the infant with end-stage renal disease whose parents elect conservative therapy
by Cohen, C.
- 171-172 Ethical aspects of organ allocation in transplantation
by Reiser, S. J.
- 172-172 Psychiatric liaison to liver transplant recipients
by Krener, P. G.
- 172-172 Professions, families and control in the management of the cadaver organ donor
by Salloway, J. C. & Volek, P. J.
- 172-172 Kidney transplantation from anencephalic donors
by Holzgreve, W. & Beller, F. K. & Buchholz, B.
- 172-173 The gift of life. Ethical problems and policies in obtaining and distributing organs for transplantation
by Childress, J. F.
- 172-173 Supply and distribution of hearts for transplantation: Legal, ethical and policy issues
by Robertson, J. A.
- 172-173 Why are cadaveric renal transplants so hard to find in Japan? An analysis of economic and attitudinal aspects
by Ohi, G. & Hasegawa, T. & Kumano, H.
- 172-174 Bioethical and legal considerations in increasing the supply of transplantable organs: From UAGA to `Baby Fae'
by Schwartz, H. S.
- 172-174 Blood, sweat, tears and profits: The ethics of the sale and use of patient derived materials in biomedicine
by Caplan, A. L.
- 172-174 The use of human fetal tissue for transplantation: Can the law and ethics catch up with technology?
by Lyman, W. D.
- 172-174 Socio-cultural dimensions of renal transplants in Japan
by Ohnuki-Tierney, E.
- 175-175 The ethics of research using human fetal tissue: (I)
by Murphy, J. B.
- 175-175 The ethics of research using human fetal tissue: reply (ii)
by Greely, H. T. & Raffin, T.
- 175-175 The ethics of research using human fetal tissue: (III)
by Spielberg, T. E.
- 175-175 Fetal tissue transplants remain off limits
by Palca, J.
- 175-175 The ethics of research using human fetal tissue: Reply (I)
by Annas, G. J. & Elias, S.
- 175-175 The ethics of research using human fetal tissue: (II)
by Redmond, Jr D. E. & Spencer, D. & Naftolin, F. & Roth, R. H. & Bunney, B. S. & Leranth, C. & Robbins, R. & Kier, L. & Vollmer, T. & Levine, R. J. & Genel, M. & Zonana, H.
- 175-175 Fetal tissue transplantation: time for a Canadian policy
by Lowy, F. H.
- 175-176 Canadian regulation of the medical use of fetal tissue in research and therapy
by Marshall, T. D.
- 175-176 Conceiving a fetus for bone marrow donation: an ethical problem in prenatal diagnosis
by Clark, R. D. & Fletcher, J. & Petersen, G.
- 175-176 The artificial heart as a bridge to transplant: Ethical and legal issues at the bedside
by Schiedermayer, D. L. & Shapiro, R. S.
- 175-176 The total artificial heart: An ethics perspective on current clinical research and deployment
by Miles, S. H. & Siegler, M. & Schiedermayer, D. L. & Lantos, J. D. & La-Puma, J.
- 176-177 Ethical considerations of artificial heart implantations
by Simmons, P. D.
- 177-177 Artificial hearts. Permanent and temporary
by Relman, A. S.
- 177-177 Artificial heart and assist devices: Directions, needs, costs, societal and ethical issues
by Van Citters, R. L. & Bauer, C. B. & Christopherson, L. K.
- 179-180 Health policy. An exploratory inquiry into the development of policy for the new public health in the Netherlands : By E. de Leeuw Maastricht, Savannah/Datawyse, 1989, 180 pp., ISBN 90-9003118-9, $15.00
by Evers, G.
- 180-181 Interface study on the support of hospitals to primary health care services in a district. WHO-report : By F. Doelman 52 pp., Copenhagen, 1989
by Ghei, Mrs. P.
October 1990, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-18 Continuity and change in preferred provider organizations
by Rice, Thomas & Gabel, Jon & Mick, Stephen & Lippert, Clare & Dowd, Colleen
- 19-25 Resource management in New Zealand hospitals: the RUS system - an illustration of its applications
by Phillips, David & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 27-31 Health and the allocation of public expenditures
by Machnes, Yaffa
- 33-41 Awareness of an AIDS campaign directed at Norwegian adolescents
by Traeen, Bente
- 43-54 Hospital cost for patients with HIV infection in a University Hospital in The Netherlands
by Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Jager, Johannes C. & Poos, Marinus J. J. C. & Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Geels, Rimke M. A. & Vrehen, Henk & Schrijvers, August J. P.
- 55-73 The changing pattern of medical activity in a major Belgian University Hospital
by Vleugels, Arthur
- 75-84 The health situation of Turkish inhabitants of Rotterdam and Antwerp
by Uniken Venema, H. P. & Peeters, R. & van Haastrecht, P.
- 85-86 Moral theory and medical practice : K. Fulford Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1989 311 pp., ISBN 0-521-259150, [pound sign]12.50
by Defreyne, B.
1990, Volume 15, Issue 2-3
- 75-79 Setting the context
by Rosenthal, Marilynn & Butter, Irene & Field, Mark G.
- 81-89 The debates on the numbers of physicians
by Doan, Bui Dang Ha
- 93-104 The case of Britain
by Maynard, Alan
- 105-118 Physician manpower politics in Sweden
by Calltorp, Johan
- 119-142 The case of Spain
by Rodriguez, Josep A. & de Miguel, Jesus M.
- 143-162 The political economy of medical underemployment in Mexico: Corporatism, economic crisis and reform
by Frenk, Julio
- 163-187 Medical specialist manpower planning in the Netherlands
by Lapre, Ruud M. & de Roo, Aad A.
- 189-214 Medical manpower in Israel: Political processes and constraints
by Shuval, Judith T.
- 215-231 The history and future of physician manpower development in the Federal Republic of Germany
by van den Bussche, Hendrik
- 233-246 The politics of the U.S. physician supply
by Ginzberg, Eli
- 247-251 A. Medical manpower planning: Dynamics without direction
by Klein, Rudolf
- 253-260 B. Towards a concept of bounded rationality
by de Roo, Aad A.
- 261-274 Synthesis and prospects
by Rosenthal, Marilynn & Butter, Irene & Field, Mark G.
1990, Volume 15, Issue 1
May 1990, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 177-189 Health care technology in Australia and New Zealand: Contrasts and cooperation
by Hailey, David Martin & Roseman, Cyril
- 191-202 Privatisation in health care: concepts, motives and policies
by Janssen, Richard & van der Made, Jan
- 203-216 Selective HIV-related attention in general practice: is it possible? : A French-Norwegian study
by Holtedahl, Knut Arne & Doumenc, Michel & Steinert, Svein & Roghell, Per Kristian
- 217-219 The 1988 polio epidemic in Israel: setting the record straight
by Slater, Paul E.
- 221-223 The 1988 polio epidemic in Israel: setting the record straight
by Richter, Elihu
- 225-242 Appropriateness of acute medical care for the elderly: an analysis of the literature
by Brook, Robert H. & Kamberg, Caren J. & Mayer-Oakes, Allison & Beers, Mark H. & Raube, Kristiana & Steiner, Andrea
- 243-252 Britain's new market model of General Practice: do consumers know enough to make it work?
by Charny, M. & Klein, R. & Lewis, P. A. & Tipping, G. K.
- 253-265 Assessing the economic burden of injuries due to accidents: methodological problems illustrated with some examples from the literature
by Van Doorslaer, Eddy & Bouter, Lex
- 267-265 Health, prevention and economics : By D. Cohen and J. Henderson Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1988, 1759 pp., ISBN 0-19-261778-8
by Thiers, G.
1990, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 87-125 Maternal health in China - challenges of the next decade
by Young, Mary E.
- 127-137 Medical technology in China
by David Banta, H.
- 139-149 A new perspective in health planning: a case of Tianjin
by Young, Mary E. & Bertaud, Alain
- 149-151 Factors associated with the decline of the Cooperative Medical System and barefoot doctors in rural China
by Zhu, N. & Ling, Z. & Shen, J. & Lane, J. M. & Hu, S.
- 149-151 Impact of the rural reform on financing rural health services in China
by Young, M. E.
- 149-152 The Sino-MONICA-Beijing study: Report on results between 1984 and 1986
by Wu, Z-S. & Yao, C. -H. & Chen, D. -Y. & Li, N. & Zhang, M. & Wu, Y. -Y. & Zhao, D. & Wu, G. -X. & Wu, Y. -K.
- 149-152 Hypertensions studies in China
by Lisheng, L.
- 149-152 Epidemiology of coronary arterial disease in the Chinese
by Woo, K. -S. & Donnan, S. P. B.
- 149-153 Ten-year report on the community control of hypertension and stroke in a rural district of Shijiazhuang, China
by Zhang, H. -X. & Wang, Z. -Y. & Gou, Z. -Y. & Jin, L. & Hao, X. -Z.
- 149-153 Analysis of the causes of maternal death in China
by Lingmel, Z. & Hui, D.
- 149-153 Paying for family planning in China
by Neumann, A. K. & Chang, W. -P.
- 153-154 Dietary habits and longevity along the silk road
by He, B. -X. & Zhang, J. -Y.
- 154-154 Thyroid function of subjects with goitre and cretinism in an endemic goitre area of rural China after use of iodized salt
by Pang, X. -P. & An, O. & Su, T. -S. & Hershman, J. M.
- 154-154 Clinical manifestations and epidemiological characteristics of Lyme disease in Hailin county, Helongjiang Province, China
by Chengxu, A. & Yuxin, W. & Yongguo, Z. & Shaoshan, W. & Quicheng, O. & Zhixue, S. & Deyou, L. & Dongquan, C. & Xiaodong, L. & Jienhua, Z.
- 154-155 The epidemiology of lung cancer in Xuan Wei, China; Current progress, issues, and research strategies
by Chapman, R. S. & Mumford, J. L. & Harris, D. B. & He, X. -Z. & Jiang, W. -H. & Yang, R.
- 154-155 Kawasaki syndrome in Chinese children
by Lee, B. W. & Tay, J. S. H. & Yip, W. C. L. & Yap, H. K. & Chan, K. Y. & Low, P. S.
- 155-156 Reduction of enteric infectious disease in rural China by providing deep-well tap water
by Zeng-Sui, W. & Shepard, D. S. & Yun-Cheng, Z. & Cash, R. A. & Ren-Jie, Z. & Zhen-Xing, Z. & Fu-Min, S.
- 156-156 A population-based case-control study of childhood leukemia in Shanghai
by Shu, X. O. & Gao, Y. T. & Brinton, L. A. & Linet, M. S. & Tu, J. T. & Zheng, W. & Fraumeni, Jr. J. F.
- 156-156 Trace element content in drinking water of nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients
by Ling-Wei, X. & Shao-Xian, L. & Ji-Wen, J. & Xiao-Juan, Z. & Jian, L.
- 156-157 Diet and high risk of stomach cancer in Shandong, China
by You, W. -C. & Blot, W. J. & Chang, Y. -S. & Ershow, A. G. & Yang, Z. -T. & An, Q. & Henderson, B. & Xu, G. -W. & Fraumeni, Jr. J. F. & Wang, T. -G
- 157-157 Hepatitis B virus, aflatoxins, and hepatocellular carcinoma in Southern Guangxi, China
by Yeh, F. -S. & Yu, M. C. & Mo, C. -C. & Luo, S. & Tong, M. J. & Henderson, B. E.
- 157-157 The bamboo smoke screen: Tobacco smoking in China
by Tomson, D. & Coulter, A.
- 157-158 Achievement of one-child fertility in rural areas of Jilin Province, China
by Tsuya, N. O. & Choe, M. K.
- 158-158 Response of a traditional fishing community to China's family planning program: A case study
by Freedman, R. & Guo, S.
- 158-158 Chang-Ning epidemiological study of children's health: I: passive smoking and children's respiratory diseases
by Chen, Y. & Li, W. & Yu, S. & Qian, W.
- 158-159 CHD and its risk factors in the People's Republic of China
by Tao, S. & Huang, Z. & Wu, X. & Zhou, B. & Xiao, Z. & Hao, J. & Li, Y. & Cen, R. & Rao, X.
- 158-159 Colorectal cancer incidence among Chinese in North America and the People's Republic of China; Variation with sex, age and anatomical site
by Whittemore, A. S.
- 160-160 Medical education in China for the 21st century: The context for change
by Kaufman, A. & Hamilton, J. D. & Peabody, J. W.
- 160-160 Integration of traditional Chinese medicine with Western medicine - Right or wrong?
by Cai, J.
- 160-160 Transforming China's collective health care system: A village study
by Huang, S. -M.
- 160-161 Clinical analysis of 15 089 operations on the heart and great vessels. Results from the People's Republic of China
by Pan, C.
- 161-161 Hydatidiform mole in China; a preliminary survey of incidence on more than three million women
by Hong-Zhao, Song & Pao-Chen, Wu
- 161-162 Smoking prevalence in Chinese aged 15 and above
by Xin-Zhi, Weng & Zhao-guang, Hong & Dan-yang, Chen
- 162-162 Selected findings from recent fertility surveys in three regions of China
by Yimin, S.
- 162-162 Medical education in People's Republic of China
by Cooper, J. A. D. & Yingang, L.
- 162-163 Fertility policy in China: Future options
by Greenhaigh, S. & Bongaarts, J.
- 163-163 Shanghai Second Medical University, China. The problem-oriented basic medical science curriculum track
by Li, X. -M. & Wang, Y. -F.
- 163-163 Mutagens, carcinogens and inhibitors in Chinese foods
by Cheng, S. -J. & Ho, C. -T.
- 163-165 Appraisal of self-care agency. A.S.A.-scale : By G. Evers Van Gorcum, Assen, 1989 140 pp. ISBN 90-232-2459-0, Dfl.36.00
by Groenewegen, P.
- 163-166 Coping with national disasters: The role of local health personnel and the community : By the World Health Organization, Geneva, 1989 97 pp. ISBN 92-4-154238-1, Sw. Fr. 18,-
by Delooz, H.
- 166-167 Brookings dialogues on public policy. Rationing of medical care for the critically ill : By A. Strasberg, A. Fein and J. Carroll (eds.) The Brookings Institution, Washington D.C., 1989 97pp. ISBN 0-8157-8199-7, $14.25
by Borst-Eilers, E.
1990, Volume 14, Issue 2c
1990, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-11 Hospital ownership and the care of uninsured and Medicaid patients: Findings from the National Hospital Discharge Survey 1979-1984
by Frank, Richard G. & Salkever, David S. & Mullann, Fitzhugh
- 13-28 The equity and efficiency principle in the financing system of the NHS in Portugal
by do Rosario Giraldes, Maria
- 29-35 The legality of unlinked anonymous screening for HIV infection: the U.S. approach
by Wan, Lourdes
- 35-38 Transmission of infective ejacjlate in unprotected sexual intercourse by HIV-infected persons to minors
by Bottke, W.
- 35-38 AIDS and the ethics of public health: Challenges posed by a maturing epidemic
by Bayer, R.
- 37-35 Sterile needles and the epidemic of acquired immunodefiency syndrome: Issues for drug abuse treatment and public health
by Selwyn, P. A.
- 39-39 AIDS and confidentially: Legal concept and its application in psychotherapy
by Kermani, E. J. & Weiss, B. A.
- 39-39 Not siants, but healers: The legal duties of health care professionals in the AIDS epidemic
by Annas, G. J.
- 39-39 International developments in abortion laws: 1977-1988
by Cook, R. J. & Dickens, B. M.
- 39-40 To tell or not to tell: The ethical dilemmas of HIV test notification in epidemiologic research
by Avins, A. L. & Lo, B.
- 39-40 HIV testing in prisoners: Is mandatory testing mandatory?
by Andrus, J. K. & Fleming, D. W. & Knox, C. & McAlister, R. O. & Skeels, M. R. & Conrad, R. E. & Horan, J. M. & Foster, L. R.
- 39-40 The provision of services to persons with mental retardation and subsequent infection with human immunodeficiency in virus (HIV)
by Kastner, T. A. & Hickman, M. L. & Bellehumeur, D.
- 41-39 The acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and infection with the human immunodificiency virus (HIV)
by Eickhoff, T. C. & Lewis, C. E. & Calia, F. M. & Hook, E. W. & Maddrey, W. C. & Rubin, R. H. & Tepley, L. B.
- 41-42 Recommendations for control and prevention of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in intravenous drug users
by Brickner, P. W. & Torres, R. A. & Barnes, M. & Newman, R. G. & Des Jarlais, D. C. & Whalen, D. P. & Rogers, D. E.
- 42-42 Confidentiality in the military
by Howe, E. G.
- 42-42 Voluntary screening for human immunodefiency virus (HIV) infection. Weighing the benefits and harms
by Lo, B. & Steinbrook, R. L. & Cooke, M. & Coates, T. J. & Walters, E. J. & Hulley, S. B.
- 42-43 An ethical approach to the medical and legal problems surrounding AIDS
by Dufkova, J.
- 43-43 Health education and the AIDS epidemic
by Eisenberg, L.
- 43-43 How informed is patients' consent to release of medical information to insurance copmanies?
by Lorge, R. E.
- 43-44 AIDS in infancy: diagnostic, therapeutic, and ethical problems
by Wittenberg, J. & Lazenby, A.
- 43-44 Life-sustaining treatment for patients with AIDS
by Wachter, R. M. & Luce, J. M. & Lo, B. & Raffin, T. A.
- 43-44 Using death certificates to estimate the completeness of AIDS case reporting in Ontario in 1985-87
by Johnson, R. J. & Montano, B. L. & Wallace, E. M.
- 43-45 Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: More than a health-related dilemma
by Severin, M. J.
- 43-45 AIDS and public health
by Moskop, J. C.
- 43-45 Public policy, federalism, and AIDS
by Benjamin, A. E. & Lee, P. R.
- 43-46 Warning third parties at risk of AIDS: APA's policy is a reasonable approach
by Zonana, H.
- 43-46 The right of physicians to refuse versus the obligation of physicians to treat AIDS patients
by Inions, N. J.
- 43-46 Warning third parties at risk of AIDS: APA's policy is a barrier to treatment
by Perry, S.
- 46-47 The new AIDS virus - ineffective and unjust laws
by Kirby, M.
- 47-47 AIDS and the confidentiality of medical records
by Stein, R. E.
- 47-47 Mandatory premarital testing for human immunodefiency virus. The Illinois experience
by Turnock, B. J. & Kelly, C. J.
- 47-48 AIDS testing and informed consent
by Swatz, M. S.
- 48-48 AIDS - the leprosy of the 1980s. Is there a case for quarantine?
by Rasinski, Gregory D.
- 48-48 AIDS public health law
by Falk, T. C.
- 48-49 AIDS. Employer and employee rights
by King, M. M.
- 48-49 AIDS in the workplace. Handicap discrimination laws and related statutes
by Wilson, B. L. & Wingo, K. L.
- 48-49 Contitutional law, subsistence, equal opportunity, and the individual diagnosed with HIV
by Hollowell, E. E. & Eldridge, J. E.
- 48-50 Safety of the blood supply. Liability for transfusion-associated AIDS
by Janowitz, W. R.
- 48-50 Considerations and potential pitfalls in AIDS lab testing
by Wecht, C. H.
- 48-50 HIV screening. Scientific, ethical and legal issues
by Howard, J.
- 48-51 Trial of anonymous versus confidential human immunodefiency virus testing
by Fehrs, L. J. & Foster, L. R. & Fox, V. & Fleming, D. & McAlister, R. O. & Modesitt, S. & Conrad, R.
- 48-51 A study of the rate of postexposure human immunodeficiency virus testing in a hospital requiring written informed consent
by Miller, P. J. & Farr, B. M.
- 51-52 Ethical issues confronting nurses
by Reisman, E. C.
- 52-52 Notifying contacts of HIV-infected patients. Strategies to use until health agencies assume responsibility
by Isaac, S. H. & Closen, M. I.
- 52-52 Ethical issues in providing nursing care to human immunodefiency virus - infected populations
by Grady, C.
- 52-53 AIDS, between responsibility and coercion. Ethical considerations on the desirability of obligatory screening of HIV infection
by Cattorini, P.
- 53-53 AIDS and the human community
by Loewy, E. H.
- 53-54 Community and individual considerations in legislation and test policy regarding HIV- infection in the nordic countries - a cross national comparative study
by Krasnik, A. & Bjoerner, J. & Westphal, Christensen B.
- 54-54 Disease prevention models of voluntary confidential screening for human immunodefiency virus (HIV)
by Gail, M. H. & Preston, D. & Piantadosi, S.
- 54-54 AIDS: `Duty' of informing and aspects of professional liability in the field of obstetrics and gynecology
by Feola, T. & Nobile, M.
- 54-55 The case against compulsory casefinding in controlling AIDS - testing, screening and reporting
by Gostin, L. O. & Curran, W. J. & Clark, M. E.
- 54-55 Legal control measures for AIDS: Reporting requirements, surveillance, quarantine, and regulation of public meeting places
by Gostin, L. & Curran, W. J.
- 54-55 AIDS at work - not the contaminated person, but the epidemic is to be fought
by Von Petersdorff, U
- 55-56 AIDS screening, confidentiality and the duty to warn
by Costin, L. & Curren, W. J.
- 56-56 AIDS: Screening of possible carriers and human rights
by Gevers, J. K. M.
- 56-56 AIDS and ethics. An overview
by Kelly, K.
- 56-57 Physicians AIDS and occupational risk. Historic traditions and ethical obligations
by Zuger, A. & Miles, S. H.
- 57-57 AIDS quarantine. The legal and practical implications
by Ford, N. L. & Quam., M. D.
- 57-57 The FDA's new procedures for the use of investigational drugs in treatment
by Young, F. E. & Norris, J. A. & Levitt, J. A. & Nightingale, S. L.
- 57-58 Legal issues surrounding the confidentiality of AIDS and drug testing
by Berne, M.
- 57-58 Dentistry and AIDS: Ethical and legal obligations in provision of care
by Rogers, V. C.
- 57-58 AIDS in prison
by Harding, T. W.
- 57-59 AIDS from an ethical and theological angle
by Irrgang, B.
- 57-59 Forensic issues in critical care medicine
by Howe, E. G.
- 57-59 Legal rights and duties in the AIDS epidemic
by Dickens, B. M.
- 59-60 Ethical issues in the prevention and treatment of HIV infection AIDS
by Walters, L.
- 61-73 Future health care technology and the hospital
by Banta, H. David
- 75-73 D.R.G. perspectives d'utilisation : by F. Paccaud and L. Schenker (eds.) Editions Alexandre Lacassagne, Lyon, 1989 257 pp., ISBN 2-225-81849-5
by Willems, J.
- 76-77 Socio-legal aspects of medical practice : By R. Dingwall (ed.) The Royal College of Physicians, London, 1989 78 pp., ISBN 0-900596-84-8, [pound sign]10.00
by Schutyser, K. & Iuris, T.
December 1989, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 177-188 The 1988 Polio Epidemic in Israel: An analysis and consequences
by Ellencweig, Avi Yacar
- 189-198 The significance of contextual factors in valuing health states
by Nord, Erik
- 199-211 Improving primary health care through technological innovation
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F.
- 213-224 AIDS and subjective risk assessment: A critical review
by O'Brien, Bernie J.
- 225-237 Local housing scheme and political preference as conditions for the results of a health centre-stimulating policy in The Netherlands
by Boerma, Wienke G. W.
- 239-249 No cure, no pay: an acceptable way of financing fertility treatments?
by Haan, Ger & Rutten, Frans
- 251-252 Preventing maternal deaths : By E. Royston and S. Armstrong, (eds.) World Health Organization, Geneva, 1989 233 pp., ISBN 92-4-156128-9, Sw.Fr. 40,-
by Wang, S.
- 252-253 Talking and listening to patients. A modern approach : By C. Fletcher and P. Freeling The Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, London, 1988 68 pp., ISBN 0-900574-70-4
by Wilson, P. & Gerard, R.
- 253-254 Brookings dialogues on public policy. Toward a national policy on drug and aids testing : By M. Falco and W. Cikins (eds.) The Brookings Institution, Washington DC, 1989 81 pp., ISBN 0-8157-2733-X, $12.95
by Wilson, P.
November 1989, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 95-102 Cross-cultural use of socio-medical indicators with British Asians
by Ahmad, W. I. U. & Kernohan, E. E. M. & Baker, M. R.
- 103-108 Improved knowledge of diabetic patients through education of primary care staff
by Neumann, L. & Weitzman, S. & Gross, J.
- 109-113 Alcohol control policy in The Netherlands
by van Ginneken, Sandra & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 115-120 QALYs and justice
by Kawachi, Ichiro
- 121-133 Use of diagnosis related groups for hospital management
by Willems, Jos L. & Meurisse, Ann & Renkens, Stef & Vleugels, Arthur & Peers, Jan
- 135-144 Allocating resources to health care: rawp is dead - long live RAWP
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
- 145-157 Health care charges: lessons from the U.K
by Birch, Stephen
- 159-167 Number of sexual partners and use of condoms in the heterosexual population of Norway - relevance to HIV-infection
by Sundet, Jon Martin & Magnus, Per & Kvalem, Ingela Lundin & Gronnesby, Jon Ketil & Bakketeig, Leiv S.
- 169-170 Health care research in an HMO. Two decades of discovery : By M. Greenlick, D. Freeborn and C. Pope (eds.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 346 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3611-5, $52.00
by Gunning, L.
- 170-171 Health economics: Australian readings : By J. Butler and D. Doessel (eds.) Australian Professional Publications, Sydney, 1989 362 pp., ISBN 0-949416-15-0, AU$29.95
by Hall, J.
October 1989, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-17 Economic analysis of solid organ transplantation: a review for policy makers
by Krueger, Hans
- 19-34 The role of economics in the evaluation of hospice care
by Goddard, Maria
- 35-53 Improving efficiency in the dutch health care system: Current innovations and future options
by Kirkman-Liff, Bradford L. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 55-64 The district concept for primary health care planning: attempts at implementation in The Netherlands
by de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 65-79 Re-organizing primary medical care in Finland: The personal doctor program
by Vohlonen, Ilkka & Pekurinen, Markku & Saltman, Richard B.
- 81-83 The quality of QALYs (quality-adjusted-life-years): do QALYs measure what they at least intend to measure?
by Gafni, Amiram
- 85-86 Philosophy and medical welfare : by J. Bell and S. Mendus (eds.) The Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1989 129 pp., ISBN 0-521-36856-1, [pound sign]8.95
by Thung, P.
- 86-86 Healthy nutrition. Preventing nutrition-related diseases in Europe : by W. James in collaboration with A. Ferro-Luzzi, B. Isaksson and W. Szostak WHO Regional Publications, European Series No. 24, Copenhagen, 1988 150 pp., ISBN 92-890-1115-7, Sw.Fr.20.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 87-87 Changing the public health : by the Research Unit in Health and Behavioural Change, University of Edinburgh (eds.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1989 199 pp., ISBN 0-471-91976-4, [pound sign]14.95
by Jain, S.
- 87-88 Health care economics : by P. Feldstein John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1988 634 pp., ISBN 0195-3907, [pound sign]21.65
by Rochaix, L.
- 88-88 Preventive screening of adults. An evaluation of methods and programmes. Report of the select committee of experts of the council of Europe : by D. Griffiths and E. Ruitenberg Sainte-Ruffine, Maissonneuve, 1987 164 pp., ISBN 2-7160-0119-7
by Peto, R.
August 1989, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 257-261 Paying physicians according to their resource-costs: The development of a Resource-Based Relative Value Scale
by Hsiao, William C. & Becker, Edmund R.
- 263-274 Price and health policy in Sweden--A critical review
by Rosen, Mans
- 275-284 The rising expenditure on antihypertensive drugs in New Zealand, 1981-1987
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 285-299 Decentralisation trends in the management of New Zealand's health services
by Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 301-307 Possibilities and problems in the development of home care technology
by van Beekum, Taeke & Banta, H. David
- 309-317 Cost of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in four diseases
by Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Fery-Lemonnier, Elisabeth & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine & Cordonnier, Catherine & Rochant, Henri & Fischer, A. & Griscelli, Claude & Gluckman, Eliane & Jolly, Dominique
- 319-320 The U.S. experiment in social medicine. The Community Health Center Program : By A. Sardell University of Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, 1988 278 pp., ISBN 0-8229-3825-1, $14.95
by Gonzalez-Block, M.
- 321-320 Surgical care in the united states. A policy perspective : By M. Finkel (ed.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1989 210 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3638-7, $37.50
by Detmer, D.
- 322-320 Perinatal health services in Europe. Searching for better childbirth : By J. Phaff (ed.) Croom Helm Ltd., Kent, 1986 211 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Torrado, A.
- 323-324 Theory and practice of managed competition in health care finance : by A. Enthoven Elsevier Science Publishers, BV, Amsterdam, 1988 162 pp., ISBN 0-444-703594, $65.75
by Elsinga, E.
- 324-325 Living after mental illness. Innovations in services : by C. Patmore (ed.) Croon Helm Ltd., London, 1987 296 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4085-8, [pound sign]10.95
by Hardie, M.
July 1989, Volume 12, Issue 1-2
June 1989, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 209-226 Medicaid eligibility, benefits, and provider payment: state preferences and implications for national goals
by Reutzel, Thomas J.
- 227-231 Modifications of sexual behaviour related to aids: a survey in Paris region
by Moatti, J. P. & Dab, W. & Abenhaim, L. & Bastide, S.
- 233-238 Changes in Dutch tobacco production since World War II: implications for an anti-smoking policy
by van Reek, Jan & Hagen, Hans & Adriaanse, Hans & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 239-241 Post-marketing drug safety monitoring
by Clark-Nieuwland, K. & Dehaen, F. & Teirlynck, O.
- 243-255 Political decision-making in health care: the Dutch case
by Elsinga, E.
- 257-276 Hospital budgeting in Holland: aspects, trends and effects
by Maarse, J. A. M.
- 277-278 New medical devices. Invention, development and use : by K. Ekelman (ed.) National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1988 186 pp., ISBN 0-309-03846-4, [pound sign]21.10)
by Banta, D.
- 278-279 The business of medicine: Private health care in Britain : by J. Higgins MacMillan Education Press, London, 1988 260 pp
by Saltman, R.
- 280-281 Strategic management of human resources in health services organizations : by M. Fottler, S. Hernandez and C. Joiner (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., New York, 1988 454 pp., ISBN 0-471-83889-6, [pound sign]27.50
by Hall, T.
- 281-284 Socioeconomic evaluation of drug therapy : by W. van Eimmeren and B. Horrisberger (eds.) Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988 244 pp., ISBN 3-540-18662-X, DM 79.00
by Carrin, G.
April 1989, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 101-104 Foreword
by de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 105-113 Conceptual issues in assessing the economic effects of the HIV epidemic
by Pascal, Anthony
- 115-124 Current estimates of HIV prevalence and incidence: Sources and data
by Dondero, Timothy J.
- 125-145 Econometric issues in modeling the costs of AIDS
by Hay, Joel W.
- 147-168 AIDS cost modeling in the U.S.: A pragmatic approach
by Bilheimer, Linda
- 169-186 Guidelines for rapid estimation of the direct and indirect costs of HIV infection in a developing country
by Over, Mead & Bertozzi, Stefano & China, James
- 187-196 The evolution of AIDS economic research
by Bloom, David E. & Glied, Sherry
- 197-208 The cost of AIDS: An agenda for research
by Scitovsky, Anne A.
February 1989, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-17 Scenarios for the future development of accident mortality in The Netherlands
by van Beeck, E. F. & Mackenbach, J. P. & van Oortmarssen, G. J. & Barendregt, J. J. M. & Habbema, J. D. F. & van der Maas, P. J.
- 19-25 Clinical decision making and health care policy: what is the link?
by Mooney, Gavin & Loft, Anne
- 27-42 Impact of the rural reform on financing rural health services in China
by Young, Mary E.
- 43-55 Public competition versus mixed markets: an analytic comparison
by Saltman, Richard B. & von Otter, Casten
- 57-60 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Comments on the Second Opinion by Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Hodgson, Thomas A.
- 61-72 Evaluation of medical equipment on the basis of users' experiences and hazard registration
by Kolstad, Arnulf
- 73-77 Technology assessment - extending the scope of evaluation or fudging the issues?
by Jennett, Bryan
- 79-85 An introduction to Meta-Analysis
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 87-92 Factors influencing the implementation of technology assessment results in medical practice
by Gutzwiller, Felix & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 93-94 The beer sheva experiment : by S. Glick, L. Naggan and M. Prywes (eds.) Israel Journal of Medical Sciences, Jerusalem, Sept.-Oct. 1987 173 pp., $15.00
by Nooman, Z.
December 1988, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 215-216 Quality of life
by Engel, G. L. & Bergsma, J.
- 217-230 Quantitative issues in health-related quality of life assessment
by Aaronson, Neil K.
- 231-240 Research into quality of life: a qualitative approach in the evaluation of a liver transplant programme
by Tymstra, Tj. & Heyink, J. W. & Roorda, J. & Bijleveld, C. M. A. & Gips, C. H. & Slooff, M. J. H.
- 241-257 Role of quality of life in therapeutic strategies in brain tumors
by Koivukangas, Pirjo & Koivukangas, John
- 259-266 Life: quality, value and justice
by Harris, John
- 267-279 Quality of life: does measurement help?
by Bergsma, J. & Engel, G. L.
October 1988, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 123-135 Rural community hospital closure and health policy
by Mullner, Ross M. & Whiteis, David G.
- 137-141 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Reply to Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Behrens, Cornelia & Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 143-154 DRGs U.K. style: a comparison of U.K. and U.S. policies for hospital cost containment and their implications for health status
by Birch, Stephen
- 155-176 The Swedish medical care programs: an interim assessment
by Pine, Leslie & Rosenqvist, Urban & Rosenthal, Marilynn M. & Shapiro, Francine
- 177-206 El Salvador's Ministry of Health, 1975-1986: a provisional performance assessment
by Fiedler, John L.
- 207-206 Health and deprivation. Inequality and the North : by P. Townsend, P. Phillimore and A. Beattie (eds.) Croom Helm Ltd, London, 1987 221 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4352-0, [pound sign]8.95
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 208-206 Controversy about american hospitals. Funding, ownership and performance : by J.R. Hollingsworth and E.J. Hollingsworth American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington D.C., 1987 160 pp., ISBN 0-8477-3637-6, $24.75
by Neumann, C. W.
- 209-210 Health, knowledge and the demand for medical care : by E.K. Van Doorslaer Van Gorcum, Assen, 1987 171 pp., ISBN 90-232-2335-7, Dfl. 29.00
by Zweifel, P.
August 1988, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-19 Treating AIDS: the economic issues
by Drummond, Michael & Davies, Linda
- 21-32 A change of direction in the Dutch health care system?
by Lapre, Ruud M.
- 33-39 A note on nutrition and economics
by Doessel, Darrel P.
- 41-56 The de-institutionalization of care of the elderly: some notes about implementation and outcome of a Swedish case-study
by Thorslund, Mats
- 57-63 Long-term institutional care or home care? What is the best solution for the Canton of Vaud?
by Bachelard, Bernard & Tinturier, Gerald
- 65-76 A three-tiered health system and its inherent cost inflation: the case of medical care inflation in Chile 1979-1983
by Scarpaci, Joseph L. & Bradham, Douglas D.
- 77-109 Undergraduate medical education in Indonesia and its relevance for the needs of primary health care services
by Blizard, Peter J.
- 115-116 Sante mon cher souci : By B. Majnoni-d'Itignano ed. Economica, Paris, 1987 130 pp., 25.00 FF
by Poullier, J. P.
- 116-117 Personal data protection in health and social services : By P. Pearce, P. Parsloe, H. Francis, A. Macara and D. Watson Croom Helm Ltd Publishers, London, 1988 134 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Roger, F. H.
- 117-119 Medicaid and pediatric primary care : By J. Perloff, P. Kletke and K. Neckerman The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 190 pp., $33.00
by Young, M.
- 119-120 Technology assessment and new kidney stone treatment methods : by F. Kamper-Jorgensen, S. Challah and T. Folmer Andersen (eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1988 189 pp., [pound sign]25.00
by Banta, D.
- 120-121 Cost management for hospitals : by J. Nackel, G. Kis and P. Fenaroli Aspen Publishers Inc., Rockville, MD, 1987 263 pp
by Roger, F. H.
June 1988, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 239-122 Preface
by Dutreil, Christian
- 241-250 The aims and methods of technology assessment
by Glasser, Jay H.
- 251-265 Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis of health services: the methodology and its application
by Griffiths, A.
- 267-276 Medical technology assessment: adequate questions, appropriate methods, valuable answers
by Glasser, Jay H. & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 277-284 Importance of databases for technology assessment
by Hansluwka, Harald & Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Gutzwiller, Felix & Paccaud, Fred
- 285-296 Study design for technology assessment: critical issues
by Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Paccaud, Fred
- 297-300 A perspective on ethical issues in technology assessment
by Reiser, Stanley J.
- 301-307 Skull radiography in head trauma: a successful case of technology assessment
by Racoveanu, N. T.
- 309-315 Economic considerations in technology assessment: the case of genetic disease
by Lairson, D. R. & Swint, J. M.
- 317-324 Technology assessment in health care: the U.S. perspective
by Perry, Seymour
- 325-330 Examples of the influence of evaluation on health policy
by Durieux, Pierre & Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Jolly, Dominique & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine
- 331-336 The implications of a national study of risk of anaesthesia
by Tiret, L. & Hatton, F. & Desmonts, J. M. & Vourc'h, G.
- 337-339 Technology assessment policy: top down or bottom up?
by Nobel, Joel J.
- 341-347 Technology assessment at the French National Centre for hospital equipment
by Stephan, Jean Claude
- 349-351 WHO concept on health technology assessment
by Johansen, Kirsten Staehr
April 1988, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 117-131 The impact of DRGs on the cost and quality of health care in the United States
by Davis, Carolyne K. & Rhodes, Deborah J.
- 157-165 DRGs as a basis for prospective payment
by Wiley, Miriam M.
- 167-175 Study of cost by type of diagnosis in Switzerland
by Patel, Mahesh & Mottaz, Alain & Blanc, Thierry & Schenker, Luc
- 177-192 Prospects for using DRGs in Swedish hospitals
by Hakansson, Stefan & Paulson, Eric & Kogeus, Kaj
- 193-204 DRGs and documentation: the information problem
by Roger, Francis H.
- 205-210 DRGs: evaluating the experience
by Jenkins, Linda
- 211-217 Concurrent clinical review: using microcomputer-based DRG-software
by Huertas-Portocarrero, D. & Perez Ruiz, P. & Serna Marmol, J. P.
- 227-229 Economic appraisal of health technology in the european community : by M.F. Drummond (Ed.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1987 265 pp., ISBN 0-19-261634-X, [pound sign]30.00
by Ghelijns, A. T.
- 229-231 Paying the hospital. The organization, dynamics and effects of differing financial arrangements : by W.A. Glaser Jossey-Bass Inc., San Francisco, 1987 483 pp., ISBN 1-55542-048-6, $45.00
by Wiley, M.
- 231-232 Medicare at maturity: Achievements, lessons and challenges : by R.G. Evans and G.L. Stoddart (Eds.) University of Calgary Press, Calgary Alberta, 1987 480 pp., ISBN 0-919813-35-6, $24.95
by Bas, M.
- 232-233 Measurement in health promotion and protection : by T. Abelin, Z.J. Brzezinski and V.D. Carstrairs (Eds.) WHO regional publications, Copenhagen, 1987 658 pp., ISBN 92-1113-0, Sw.fr. 80.00
by Hunt, S.
- 234-233 Malnutrition. What can be done? Lessons from world bank experience : by A. Berg the Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1987 139 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3553, $10.95
by Kigutha, H.
- 234-235 Vitamin a supplementation: Methodologies for field trials : by the National Research Council National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1987 91 pp
by Kigutha, H.
- 235-237 Radiation and health: The biological effects of low-level exposure to ionizing radiation : by R. Russell Jones and R. Southwood (Eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, Sussex, 1987 292 pp., ISBN 0-471-91674-9, [pound sign]19.95
by Passchier, W. F.
1988, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-8 Social perception of AIDS in the general public: a French study
by Moatti, J. P. & Manesse, L. & Le Gales, C. & Pages, J. P. & Fagnani, F.
- 9-24 Rising medical costs and the reform of Japan's health insurance system
by Fujii, Mitsuru & Reich, Michael R.
- 25-37 Training health services managers: improving health by more health economics?
by Leidl, Reiner
- 39-48 The cost of diabetes in France
by Triomphe, A. & Flori, Y. A. & Costagliola, D. & Eschwege, E.
- 49-58 Aging in the 21st century: projections, personal preferences, public policies - a consumer view
by Somers, Anne R.
- 59-74 Efficiency in the National Health Service: lessons from abroad
by Drummond, Michael & Maynard, Alan
- 75-89 Economic analysis of an immunosuppressive strategy in renal transplantation
by Schneider, T. & Fagnani, F. & Lanoe, J. L. & Hourmant, M. & Soulillou, J. P.
- 91-101 Cost-effectiveness prospects of picture archiving and communication systems
by Hindel, Robert & Preger, Walter
- 109-110 Medical care medical costs. The search for a health insurance policy : by R. Fein Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986 240 pp., $22.95
by Ron, A.
- 110-111 DRGs and health care. The management of case mix : by M. Bardsley, J. Coles and L. Jenkins (eds.) Oxford University Press for King Edward's Hospital Fund for London, Oxford, 1987 244 pp., [pound sign]30.00
by Paccaud, F.
- 111-112 The demographics of physician supply: Trends and projections : by the Center for Health Policy Research American Medical Association, Chicago, 1987 i-ix, 1-62
by Mick, S. S.
- 113-114 Perspectives on health policy: Australia, New Zealand, United States : by M. Raffel and N. Raffel (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, U.K., 1987 292 pp., [pound sign]27.50
by Liveris, M. & Boldy, D.
December 1987, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 247-249 Mental climate and the doctor-patient relationship
by Koizumi, Akira
- 251-264 An inquiry concerning future health care technology: Methods and general results
by David Banta, H. & Gelijns, Annetine C. & Griffioen, Jan & Graaff, Peter J.
- 265-276 Future health care applications resulting from progress in the neurosciences: The significance of neural plasticity research
by Gelijns, A. C. & Graaff, P. J. & Lopes da Silva, F. H. & Gispen, W. H.
- 277-281 Forecasting the future of medical technology: Implications for health policy
by Rigter, Henk
- 283-298 Management control in a publicly planned health system: A case study from Finland
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 299-315 Health expenditure by area in Finland -- An indicator of equity
by Sakari Haro, A.
- 317-323 Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?
by Shiell, Alan & Gerard, Karen & Donaldson, Cam
- 325-338 Competition in health care markets and the development of alternative forms of service delivery
by Chirikos, Thomas N. & White, Stephen L.
- 339-346 Contribution of medical decision-making to consensus development conferences
by Klazinga, N. S. & Casparie, A. F. & van Everdingen, J. J. E.
- 347-354 Computing in clinical departments: Implications for the design of hospital information systems
by Wastell, D. G. & Acheson, E. J. & Cotter, L. & Schady, W. & Lucas, S. B. L. & Cronin, E.
- 359-362 Spectramap : by P.J. Lewi et al. Information Science Department, Janssen Research Foundation, 30 Turnhoutse Weg, 2340 Beerse, Belgium
by Thielemans, A. & Massart, D. L.
- 364-366 Health economics: Prospects for the future : by G. Teeling Smith (Ed.) Croom Helm, London, 1987 278 pp. [pound sign]27.50
by Schieber, G.
- 367-368 Prenatal screening, policies and values: The example of neural tube defects : by E.O. Nightingale and S.B. Meister (Eds.) Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 1987 93 pp. $13.25
by Orleans, M.
- 368-369 Human system responses to disaster : by T.E. Drabek Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1986 509 pp. DM 138.00
by Guha-Sapir, D.
- 369-370 Choices for health care: A practical introduction to the economics of health provision (2nd edn.) : by G.H. Mooney, E.M. Russell and R.D. Weir MacMillan Education, Houndmills Hampshire, 1986 179 pp. [pound sign]7.95
by Lapre, R. M.
- 370-371 Living with risk : by the British Medical Association John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester Sussex, 1987 179 pp. [pound sign]14.94
by Schwartz, F. W.
October 1987, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 149-151 Appropriate quality in health care
by Kissick, William L.
- 153-169 Cost containment in a statutory health insurance scheme by substitution of outpatient for inpatient care? The case of the Bavarian Contract
by John, Jurgen & Potthoff, Peter
- 171-181 The effect of economic constraints on the health care system in New Zealand
by Raffel, Marschall W. & Raffel, Norma K.
- 183-192 Towards a new health policy in Hungary
by Forgacs, Ivan & Kokeny, Michael
- 193-196 AIDS prevention: Is cost-benefit analysis appropriate?
by Lee, Philip R. & Moss, Andrew R.
- 197-206 Euthanasia, assistance to suicide and the law: Developments in the Netherlands
by Leenen, H. J. J.
- 207-225 Economic evaluation of six scenarios for the treatment of stones in the kidney and ureter by surgery or extra-corporeal shock wave lithotripsy
by Patel, M. S. & Blacklock, N. J. & Rao, P. N.
- 227-235 Cross-cultural variation in the weighting of health statements: A comparison of English and Swedish valuations
by Hunt, Sonja M. & Wiklund, Ingela
- 243-241 Confronting AIDS. Directions for public health, health care and research : by D. Baltimore and S. Wolff (Eds.) National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1986 374 pp. [pound sign]24.00
by Desmyter, J.
- 244-241 World Health Statistics Quarterly, volume 40, No. 1 : World Health Organization, Geneva, 1987 96 pp. Sw.fr. 21.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 244-245 Environmental tobacco smoke. Measuring exposures and assessing health effects : by B. Hulka (Ed.) National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1986 337 pp. [pound sign]19.20
by Kesteloot, H.
August 1987, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-3 The public-private mix in health care
by Poullier, Jean-Pierre
- 5-12 Towards a new pluralism
by Klein, Rudolf
- 13-16 The changing public/private mix in health care
by Ron, Aviva
- 17-27 AIDS prevention in Japan and its cost benefit aspects
by Ohi, Gen & Kai, Ichiro & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Hasegawa, Tomonori & Takenaga, Nobuyuki & Takata, Syo & Takaku, Fumimaro & Yoshikura, Hiroshi & Yoshimura, Takesumi
- 33-38 Patients' rights in Europe
by Leenen, Henk J. J.
- 39-57 Essential drugs: economics and politics in international health
by Reich, Michael R.
- 59-67 Medical devices and safety in health care
by Roscam Abbing, H. D. C.
- 69-75 Technology assessment for countries at different stages of development
by Jennett, Bryan
- 77-93 General and specific factors in the explanation of regional variation of hospital admission rates: policy consequences for Belgium and the Netherlands
by van der Zee, J. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 95-103 The implementation of a quality assurance programme in the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in Barcelona
by Sunol, R. & Delgado, R. & Net, A. & Nolla, J. & Bohigas, LI.
- 105-136 International comparative research in health care. A study of the literature
by van Atteveld, Lettie & Broeders, Corine & Lapre, Ruud
- 141-139 Public health action in emergencies caused by epidemics : by P. Bres World Health Organization, Geneva, 1986 287 pp. Sw.fr.49
by Lechat, M.
- 142-143 Hospital information systems for case mix management : by L. Lichtig John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986 313 pp. [pound sign]33.70
by Jenkins, L.
- 143-144 Political values and health care: The German experience : by D. Light and A. Schuller (Eds.) MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1986 605 pp. $60.75
by Beske, F.
- 144-145 Smoking out the barons: The campaign against the tobacco industry : A report of the British Medical Association John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, Sussex, 1986 192 pp. [pound sign]6.95
by Danzon, M. & White, P.
June 1987, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 295-296 Research and policy formulation
by Davis, Karen
- 297-307 Are there health risks in using risking systems? the case of perinatal risk assessment
by Orleans, Miriam & Haverkamp, Albert D.
- 309-324 Economic evaluation and the rational diffusion and use of health technology
by Drummond, Michael F.
- 325-338 Alcohol policies fin de siecle
by Sulkunen, Pekka
- 339-344 Hospitalization of infants
by Reif, Yaffa Machnes
- 345-359 The cost of saving a life through cervical cytology screening: implications for health policy
by Charny, M. C. & Farrow, S. C. & Roberts, C. J.
- 361-368 Smoking policy in the Netherlands since the fifties: One factor in the social dynamics of changes in smoking behaviour
by van Reek, Jan & Adriaanse, Hans
- 369-371 Health needs in a London district
by Mays, Nicholas B.
- 377-375 Safety measures for use in outbreaks of communicable disease : Prepared by Donald J. Dunsmore World Health Organisation, Geneva, 1986 VIII + 98 pp. Sw.fr. 17.00
by Reybrouck, G.
- 377-379 `What are my chances doctor?' A review of clinical risks : by B. O'Brien Office of Health Economics, London, 1986 43 pp., [pound sign] 1.50
by Charny, M.
- 379-381 Managing the medical enterprise: A study of physician managers : by C. Betson UMI Research Press, Ann Arbor, 1986 191 pp., [pound sign] 43.25
by Kindig, David A.
- 381-382 Health: The foundations for achievement : by D. Seedhouse 104 pp. [pound sign] 5.96
by Davies, C.
April 1987, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 109-114 Economic incentives in the health care industry: Implications for health policy making
by Nonneman, W. & Van Doorslaer, E.
- 115-134 Public health insurance: the collective purchase of individual care
by Evans, Robert G.
- 135-148 Market strategies for publicly financed health care systems
by Rutten, Frans F. H.
- 149-162 In search of economic rationality: the experience of the Polish National Health Service
by Wlodarczyk, W. Cezary
- 163-173 Competitive health plans and alternative payment arrangements for physicians in the United States: public sector examples
by Freund, Deborah A.
- 175-188 Incentives for cost-effective behavior: a Dutch experience
by Groot, L. M. J.
- 189-204 Incentives for cost-effective physician behaviour
by Maynard, Alan
- 205-213 Stimulating cost effective behavior in hospitals
by Neuhauser, Duncan
- 215-226 Combining clinical budgets and DRGs for quality management
by Wickings, Iden
- 227-239 Rules and incentives for hospitals: the Belgian financing system
by De Cooman, Eric & Marchand, Maurice
- 241-251 The U.S. health care economy: from guild to market in ten years
by Enthoven, Alain C.
- 253-272 The key role of health insurance in a cost-effective health care system Towards regulated competition in the Dutch medical market
by van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 273-288 Bonus systems in health insurance: a microeconomic analysis
by Zweifel, Peter
February 1987, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-2 The importance of vital statistics
by Hyock Kwon, E.
- 3-12 Financing graduate medical education and biomedical research: Whose responsibility?
by Anderson, Gerard F. & Lave, Judith R.
- 13-19 AIDS: Screening of possible carriers and human rights
by Gevers, J. K. M.
- 21-40 Re-vitalizing public health care systems: A proposal for public competition in Sweden
by Saltman, Richard B. & von Otter, Casten
- 41-48 Increase in life expectancy at birth in Japan: Some implications for variable patterns of decrease in mortality
by Masaki, Motofumi & Koizumi, Akira
- 49-56 The economics of prevention: A critique
by Shephard, Roy J.
- 57-59 The economics of prevention: Reply to Roy Shephard
by Russell, Louise B.
- 61-72 Cost-benefit analysis: Dealing with the problems of indivisible projects and fixed budgets
by Birch, Stephen & Donaldson, Cam
- 73-94 Drug prescribing: A discussion of its variability and (ir)rationality
by Carrin, Guy
- 101-102 CMF-CRED: Analyzing 1950-1985 health expenditures in France : by Jean-Marc Buhler, Jacques Harrouin and Simone Sandier, CREDES, 1 rue Paul Cezanne, 75008 Paris, France. Tel. 33 (1) 42 25 00 38
by Sandier, Mme Simone
- 103-105 Diet and human carcinogenesis : by J.V. Joossens, M. Hill and J. Geboers Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, 1985 343 pp
by Kroes, R.
- 105-105 The social history of occupational health : by P. Wendling Croom Helm Ltd., Kent, 1985 267 pp., [pound sign]17.95
by Lahaye, D.
- 106-108 Nutrition and development : by M. Biswas and P. Pinstrup-Andersen Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1985 190 pp. [pound sign]15.00
by Reich, M.
1986, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 311-309 Editorial
by Blanpain, Jan E.
- 313-320 Health care financing in the Netherlands: recent changes and future options
by Rutten, Frans F. H. & Freens, ReneJ. M.
- 321-328 Payment reform in the United States
by Anderson, Gerard F.
- 329-340 Financing the U.K. national health services
by Maynard, Alan
- 341-351 A `concerted' approach to health care financing in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 353-361 Hospital financing in Belgium: recent changes and future options
by Hermesse, Jean
- 363-372 Risk targetting: an approach to costcontainment
by Charny, M. C. & Farrow, S. C.
- 377-378 Comparative health systems. Descriptive analysis of fourteen national health systems : M.W. Raffel (ed.) Pennsylvania State University Press, University Park and London, 1985 600 pp
by Groot, L.
- 378-379 Is prevention better than cure? : by Louise Russell Costello Publ. Co, Kent, U.K. 160 pp., [pound sign] 28.00
by Evered, David C.
- 379-380 Irish medical care resources: an economic analysis : by Dale Tussing Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin, 1985 353 pp., [pound sign] 12.50
by Berman, Philip C.
1986, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 221-226 Towards a European policy in health
by Asvall, J. E.
- 227-237 "Health for all by the year 2000": A mere slogan or a workable formula?
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 239-258 Evaluation of the European strategy for Health for All by the year 2000
by Asvall, J. E. & Jardell, J. -P. & Nanda, A.
- 259-267 The federal response to the AIDS epidemic
by Lee, Philip R. & Arno, Peter S.
- 269-278 Why are cadaveric renal transplants so hard to find in Japan? An analysis of economic and attitudinal aspects
by Ohi, Gen & Hasegawa, Tomonori & Kumano, Hiroyuki & Kai, Ichiro & Takenaga, Nobuyuki & Taguchi, Yoshio & Saito, Hiroshi & Ino, Tsunamasa
- 279-282 Socio-cultural dimensions of renal transplants in Japan
by Ohnuki-Tierney, Emiko
- 283-294 How can patient education contribute to improved health care under prospective pricing?
by Bartlett, Edward E.
- 299-300 Medicare policy. New directions for health and long-term care : by K. Davis and D. Rowland The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1986 137 pp., US$ 20.35
by Zweifel, Peter
- 301-303 Medical responsibility in Western Europe : Research study of the European Science Foundation by E. Deutsch and H.LO. Schreiber Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985 187 pp., DM 248
by van Wymen, F. C. B.
- 303-306 Health, race and ethnicity : by T. Rathwell and D. Phillips Croom Helm Ltd., London, 1986 277 pp., [pound sign] 17.95
by Hunt, S.
- 306-307 The Swedish health services in the 1990's : The National Board of Health and Welfare, Stockholm, 1985 120 pp
by The Nordic School of Public Health
1986, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 115-117 The `avoidable death' guide to Europe
by Holland, Walter W.
- 119-143 The economic cost of illness in the Federal Republic of Germany in the year 1980
by Henke, Klaus-Dirk & Behrens, Cornelia S.
- 145-147 Health and pension policies in the context of demographic evolution and economic constraint
by Sandler, Simone
- 149-158 Cross-cultural issues in the use of socio-medical indicators
by Hunt, Sonja M.
- 159-173 Expert systems for medical consultation
by Fieschi, M.
- 175-184 Health needs in a London district
by Golding, A. M. B. & Hunt, Sonja M. & McEwen, J.
- 185-198 Lower referral rates for integrated health centres in The Netherlands
by Wijkel, Dirk
- 199-206 Monitoring performance in the NHS. The district neural tube defect screening service
by Farrow, S. C. & Robertson, I. B. & Lester, C. A.
- 207-209 Limits to medicine
by Dupuis, Heleen M.
- 211-212 Population and societal outlook. Agora demography : edited by D. Feld and R. Lesthaege Koning Boudewijnstichting, Brussels, 1985 320 pp., 350 BFr
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 212-213 Health services performance, effectiveness and efficiency : edited by A.F. Long and S. Harrison Croom Helm Ltd., London, 1985 269 pp., [pound sign]16.95
by Van Herck, G.
1986, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-20 The emergence of market competition in the U.S. health care system : Its causes, likely structure, and implications
by Feldstein, Paul J.
- 21-31 Economic appraisal in the national health service: a survey
by Ludbrook, Anne
- 33-44 U.S. senate voting on health and safety regulation: the effects of ideology and interest-group orientations
by Jones, Woodrow & Robert Keiser, K.
- 45-55 The assessment of medical technologies. Examples from Switzerland
by Chrzanowski, Richard & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 57-72 Mortality transition in Korea: its implications for health policy and education
by Lee, Eun Sul
- 73-85 Factors explaining the referral of the elderly to home nursing or home help
by Kivela, Sirkka-Liisa & Pahkala, Kimmo & Tervo, Raija-Riitta
- 87-101 Sharing in the financing of health care: government, insurance and the patient
by Ron, Aviva
- 103-106 Malpractice issues in childbirth 1985
by Dingwall, Robert
- 111-108 Pesticides and human health : by W.H. Hallenbeck and K.M. Cunningham-Burns Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985 166 pp., DM 86
by van Dijck, P.
- 112-108 The apocalyptics. Cancer and the big lie : by E. Efron Simon and Schuster, New York, 1984 589 pp
by Claude Jasmin
- 113-114 Principles and practice of geriatric medicine : M.S.J. Pathey (ed.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, 1985 1323 pp., [pound sign]62.50
by Overstall, P. W.
1985, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 271-274 Humanity and health
by Tsuchiya, Kenzaburo
- 275-288 Perspectives in western health care
by Hattinga Verschure, John C. M.
- 289-297 Social valuation of life through prevention for industrial risk: The economic rationale versus social practices
by Oudiz, Andre & Fagnani, Francis
- 299-306 Economic evaluation of a swedish medical care program for hypertension
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Jonsson, Egon & Ryden, Lars & Rastam, Lennart & Berglund, Goran & Isacsson, Sven-Olof
- 307-312 International drug data communication: A proposal for a standard
by Hagenaar, Karel E.
- 313-329 Building primary health care systems: A case study from Sweden
by Per-Olof, Brogren & Saltman, Richard B.
- 331-338 The demand for physicians in Finland : Results from a speciality-based assessment of future development and need for service
by Jaaskelainen, Manu & Brommels, Mats
- 339-342 The use of microcomputers by health policy makers
by Blanpain, Jan E.
- 347-348 Oxford textbook of public health, volume 3 : Investigative Methods in Public Health Edited by Walter W. Holland, Roger Detels and George Knox Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1985 498 p., [pound sign]35.00
by Macara, A.
- 348-350 The end of an illusion The future of health policy in western industrialized nations : Edited by Jean Kervadoue, John, R. Kimberly and Victor G. Rodwin University of California Press, Berkely, CA, 1984 292 p., US$32.75
by Vissers, T.
- 350-351 Pharmaceutical economics : Edited by Bjorn Lindgren Liber Forlag, for the The Swedish Institute of Health Economics, Stockholm, 1984 286 pp
by Smith, George Teeling
- 352-355 Health care UK 1985. An economic, social and policy audit : Edited by Anthony Harrison and John Gretton. The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, London, 1985 120 pp. [pound sign]24.50
by Groom, Kenneth
1985, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 171-172 A view on national health policy
by Kaprio, Leo A.
- 173-181 Alive and well: geriatric medicine in the U.K. in 1984
by Coni, Nicholas
- 183-198 Variability in behavior and attitudes among holistic physicians
by Goldstein, Michael S. & Jaffe, Dennis & Sutherland, Carol
- 199-205 Representations used for health planning: naivety and crisis in the concepts and methods
by Dumoulin, Jerome
- 207-221 Health care, public policy and the courts: black health status as a civil rights issue
by Rice, Mitchell F. & Jones, Woodrow
- 223-239 Is integration of health services and manpower development possible? The Beer Sheva case study
by Rotem, Arie & Barnoon, Shlomo & Prywes, Moshe
- 241-253 Are periodic school health examinations worthwhile?
by Zielhuis, Gerhard A.
- 255-262 An obstetric microcomputer information system
by Maresh, Michael & Dawson, Andrew & Beard, Richard
- 263-264 Computers in primary care. Practicalities and prospects : by L. Ritchie William Heinemann Medical Books Ltd., London, 1984 153 p., $10
by Waterbley, Patrick
- 264-264 Health professions. The software catalog : by S. Lewis and Cromartie (ed.) Elsevier Science Publishing Co., New York, 1985, 188 p., $30.00
by Waterbley, Patrick
- 265-266 Community Oriented Primary Care. New directions for health services delivery : by E. Connor and F. Mullan (eds.) National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 1983 299 p., $18
by Defever, Mia
1985, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 97-98 The rise and fall of health policy journals
by Blanpain, J. E.
- 99-109 Planning and management of public health in the federal republic of germany
by Neuhaus, Rolf & Schrader, Wilhelm F.
- 111-132 How is the midwife's training and practice defined in policies and regulations in Australia today?
by Barclay, Lesley
- 133-141 Describing health service areas: a methodological note on a summary indicator
by Kay, Bonnie J.
- 143-149 French health care: viewpoint A - system X?
by Cullis, John G. & West, Peter A.
- 151-158 Alcohol consumption and alcohol control policy: the case of the Netherlands
by Garretsen, Henk F. L. & Knibbe, Ronald A.
- 159-164 Cost-effective control of rheumatic fever in the community
by Strasser, Toma
- 165-164 Legislation sanitaire. Programmes et moyens de formation en Europe : by J.-M. Auby Masson, Paris, 1985 183 pages
by Rigoni, Raymond
- 166-164 Nursing and nursing education : by A. Hess National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 1985 311 pages
by Hunt, Jennifer M.
1985, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-2 Editorial
by Koizumi, A. & Davis, K. & Blanpain, J.
- 3-14 Legal aspects of clinical autonomy
by Leenen, H. J. J.
- 15-23 Future technological implications of demographic changes into the 21st century
by Pannenborg, Ch. O.
- 25-44 A reconsideration of economies of scale in the health care field
by Long, Michael J. & Ament, Richard P. & Dreachslin, Janice L. & Kobrinski, Edward J.
- 45-72 Cost-benefit analysis of medicinal treatment for gastric ulcers. Long-term model including healing and recurrence
by Fujino, Shiro & Suzuki, Yukio & Tanaka, Takuo
- 73-81 Cost-containment in the Netherlands: government policy versus public opinion
by Spek, Jan & Penninx, Frans & Lapre, Rudy M.
- 83-81 The reorganized national health service : 3rd edition Ruth Levitt & Andrew Wall Croom Helm Ltd., Beckenham, Kent, 1984 295 p
by Blanpain, Jan E.
- 84-81 Health system support for primary health care : B. Klezkowski et al. Public Health Papers, 80 World Health Organization, Geneva, 1984, 104 p
by Defever, Mia
- 85-86 The new health care for profit: Doctors and hospitals in a competitive environment : Edited by Bradford H. Gray National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1983, 178 p
by Blanpain, Jan E.
- 86-86 Cost-sharing and the patient's choice of provider : M. Susan Marquis Rand Corporation, Health Insurance Experiment Series, Santa Monica, California, 1984, 38 pages
by Delesie, Lucas
- 86-88 Bereavement: Reactions, consequences and care : Mariam Osterweis, Frederic Solomon & Morris Green (eds.) National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1984, VIII-312 p
by Schotsmans, Paul
1985, Volume 4, Issue 4
1985, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 177-198 Methodological issues and policy implications of physician manpower forecasting
by Sapir-Guha, Debarati
- 199-219 Health and medical software related to computer user satisfaction: an interactive online expert system using diagnostic audit trails through telecommunication networks
by Rushinek, Avi & Rushinek, Sara F.
- 221-230 The role of the schools of public health in the development of primary health care
by Vuori, Hannu
- 231-239 The legal mandate of drug registration authorities in theory and practice
by van Andel, Frans G.
- 241-243 Understanding the concept of relative risk
by Dukes, M. N. G.
- 244-253 Public fear and the media
by Heilmann, K.
- 245-246 I disagree
by Dukes, M. N. G.
- 247-264 The standard 2-dimensional PMP: a new technique for assessing clinical judgment
by Gross, Leon J.
- 265-272 Regulation and selection of patients
by Leenen, H. J. J.
January 1984, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 85-100 The economics of prevention
by Russell, Louise B.
- 101-116 Dollars and sense: the economics of personal health decision-making
by McCaughrin, William Cass
- 117-127 The health planning process: are consumers really in control?
by Cutler Riddick, Carol & Cordes, Sam & Eisele, Tura & Montgomery, Alison
- 129-138 For-profit hospitals: do they have a place in Europe?
by Nys, Herman
- 139-147 Diagnosis related group prospective payment: implications for health care and medical technology
by Davis, Karen & Anderson, Gerard & Steinberg, Earl
- 149-157 For-profit hospitals for Europe: the case of Britain and France
by Rochaix, Lise
- 159-163 Response to Relman
by Marston, Ronald C.
- 165-173 Adequacy of a health program for the Nigerian population: a critique of the free health scheme in Oyo state 1979-1982
by Ebigbola, Joshua A.
January 1984, Volume 4, Issue 1
1984, Volume 4, Issue 1