1990, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 48-48 AIDS - the leprosy of the 1980s. Is there a case for quarantine?
by Rasinski, Gregory D.
- 48-48 AIDS public health law
by Falk, T. C.
- 48-49 AIDS. Employer and employee rights
by King, M. M.
- 48-49 AIDS in the workplace. Handicap discrimination laws and related statutes
by Wilson, B. L. & Wingo, K. L.
- 48-49 Contitutional law, subsistence, equal opportunity, and the individual diagnosed with HIV
by Hollowell, E. E. & Eldridge, J. E.
- 48-50 Safety of the blood supply. Liability for transfusion-associated AIDS
by Janowitz, W. R.
- 48-50 Considerations and potential pitfalls in AIDS lab testing
by Wecht, C. H.
- 48-50 HIV screening. Scientific, ethical and legal issues
by Howard, J.
- 48-51 Trial of anonymous versus confidential human immunodefiency virus testing
by Fehrs, L. J. & Foster, L. R. & Fox, V. & Fleming, D. & McAlister, R. O. & Modesitt, S. & Conrad, R.
- 48-51 A study of the rate of postexposure human immunodeficiency virus testing in a hospital requiring written informed consent
by Miller, P. J. & Farr, B. M.
- 51-52 Ethical issues confronting nurses
by Reisman, E. C.
- 52-52 Notifying contacts of HIV-infected patients. Strategies to use until health agencies assume responsibility
by Isaac, S. H. & Closen, M. I.
- 52-52 Ethical issues in providing nursing care to human immunodefiency virus - infected populations
by Grady, C.
- 52-53 AIDS, between responsibility and coercion. Ethical considerations on the desirability of obligatory screening of HIV infection
by Cattorini, P.
- 53-53 AIDS and the human community
by Loewy, E. H.
- 53-54 Community and individual considerations in legislation and test policy regarding HIV- infection in the nordic countries - a cross national comparative study
by Krasnik, A. & Bjoerner, J. & Westphal, Christensen B.
- 54-54 Disease prevention models of voluntary confidential screening for human immunodefiency virus (HIV)
by Gail, M. H. & Preston, D. & Piantadosi, S.
- 54-54 AIDS: `Duty' of informing and aspects of professional liability in the field of obstetrics and gynecology
by Feola, T. & Nobile, M.
- 54-55 The case against compulsory casefinding in controlling AIDS - testing, screening and reporting
by Gostin, L. O. & Curran, W. J. & Clark, M. E.
- 54-55 Legal control measures for AIDS: Reporting requirements, surveillance, quarantine, and regulation of public meeting places
by Gostin, L. & Curran, W. J.
- 54-55 AIDS at work - not the contaminated person, but the epidemic is to be fought
by Von Petersdorff, U
- 55-56 AIDS screening, confidentiality and the duty to warn
by Costin, L. & Curren, W. J.
- 56-56 AIDS: Screening of possible carriers and human rights
by Gevers, J. K. M.
- 56-56 AIDS and ethics. An overview
by Kelly, K.
- 56-57 Physicians AIDS and occupational risk. Historic traditions and ethical obligations
by Zuger, A. & Miles, S. H.
- 57-57 AIDS quarantine. The legal and practical implications
by Ford, N. L. & Quam., M. D.
- 57-57 The FDA's new procedures for the use of investigational drugs in treatment
by Young, F. E. & Norris, J. A. & Levitt, J. A. & Nightingale, S. L.
- 57-58 Legal issues surrounding the confidentiality of AIDS and drug testing
by Berne, M.
- 57-58 Dentistry and AIDS: Ethical and legal obligations in provision of care
by Rogers, V. C.
- 57-58 AIDS in prison
by Harding, T. W.
- 57-59 AIDS from an ethical and theological angle
by Irrgang, B.
- 57-59 Forensic issues in critical care medicine
by Howe, E. G.
- 57-59 Legal rights and duties in the AIDS epidemic
by Dickens, B. M.
- 59-60 Ethical issues in the prevention and treatment of HIV infection AIDS
by Walters, L.
- 61-73 Future health care technology and the hospital
by Banta, H. David
- 75-73 D.R.G. perspectives d'utilisation : by F. Paccaud and L. Schenker (eds.) Editions Alexandre Lacassagne, Lyon, 1989 257 pp., ISBN 2-225-81849-5
by Willems, J.
- 76-77 Socio-legal aspects of medical practice : By R. Dingwall (ed.) The Royal College of Physicians, London, 1989 78 pp., ISBN 0-900596-84-8, [pound sign]10.00
by Schutyser, K. & Iuris, T.
December 1989, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 177-188 The 1988 Polio Epidemic in Israel: An analysis and consequences
by Ellencweig, Avi Yacar
- 189-198 The significance of contextual factors in valuing health states
by Nord, Erik
- 199-211 Improving primary health care through technological innovation
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F.
- 213-224 AIDS and subjective risk assessment: A critical review
by O'Brien, Bernie J.
- 225-237 Local housing scheme and political preference as conditions for the results of a health centre-stimulating policy in The Netherlands
by Boerma, Wienke G. W.
- 239-249 No cure, no pay: an acceptable way of financing fertility treatments?
by Haan, Ger & Rutten, Frans
- 251-252 Preventing maternal deaths : By E. Royston and S. Armstrong, (eds.) World Health Organization, Geneva, 1989 233 pp., ISBN 92-4-156128-9, Sw.Fr. 40,-
by Wang, S.
- 252-253 Talking and listening to patients. A modern approach : By C. Fletcher and P. Freeling The Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, London, 1988 68 pp., ISBN 0-900574-70-4
by Wilson, P. & Gerard, R.
- 253-254 Brookings dialogues on public policy. Toward a national policy on drug and aids testing : By M. Falco and W. Cikins (eds.) The Brookings Institution, Washington DC, 1989 81 pp., ISBN 0-8157-2733-X, $12.95
by Wilson, P.
November 1989, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 95-102 Cross-cultural use of socio-medical indicators with British Asians
by Ahmad, W. I. U. & Kernohan, E. E. M. & Baker, M. R.
- 103-108 Improved knowledge of diabetic patients through education of primary care staff
by Neumann, L. & Weitzman, S. & Gross, J.
- 109-113 Alcohol control policy in The Netherlands
by van Ginneken, Sandra & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 115-120 QALYs and justice
by Kawachi, Ichiro
- 121-133 Use of diagnosis related groups for hospital management
by Willems, Jos L. & Meurisse, Ann & Renkens, Stef & Vleugels, Arthur & Peers, Jan
- 135-144 Allocating resources to health care: rawp is dead - long live RAWP
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
- 145-157 Health care charges: lessons from the U.K
by Birch, Stephen
- 159-167 Number of sexual partners and use of condoms in the heterosexual population of Norway - relevance to HIV-infection
by Sundet, Jon Martin & Magnus, Per & Kvalem, Ingela Lundin & Gronnesby, Jon Ketil & Bakketeig, Leiv S.
- 169-170 Health care research in an HMO. Two decades of discovery : By M. Greenlick, D. Freeborn and C. Pope (eds.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 346 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3611-5, $52.00
by Gunning, L.
- 170-171 Health economics: Australian readings : By J. Butler and D. Doessel (eds.) Australian Professional Publications, Sydney, 1989 362 pp., ISBN 0-949416-15-0, AU$29.95
by Hall, J.
October 1989, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-17 Economic analysis of solid organ transplantation: a review for policy makers
by Krueger, Hans
- 19-34 The role of economics in the evaluation of hospice care
by Goddard, Maria
- 35-53 Improving efficiency in the dutch health care system: Current innovations and future options
by Kirkman-Liff, Bradford L. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 55-64 The district concept for primary health care planning: attempts at implementation in The Netherlands
by de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 65-79 Re-organizing primary medical care in Finland: The personal doctor program
by Vohlonen, Ilkka & Pekurinen, Markku & Saltman, Richard B.
- 81-83 The quality of QALYs (quality-adjusted-life-years): do QALYs measure what they at least intend to measure?
by Gafni, Amiram
- 85-86 Philosophy and medical welfare : by J. Bell and S. Mendus (eds.) The Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1989 129 pp., ISBN 0-521-36856-1, [pound sign]8.95
by Thung, P.
- 86-86 Healthy nutrition. Preventing nutrition-related diseases in Europe : by W. James in collaboration with A. Ferro-Luzzi, B. Isaksson and W. Szostak WHO Regional Publications, European Series No. 24, Copenhagen, 1988 150 pp., ISBN 92-890-1115-7, Sw.Fr.20.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 87-87 Changing the public health : by the Research Unit in Health and Behavioural Change, University of Edinburgh (eds.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1989 199 pp., ISBN 0-471-91976-4, [pound sign]14.95
by Jain, S.
- 87-88 Health care economics : by P. Feldstein John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1988 634 pp., ISBN 0195-3907, [pound sign]21.65
by Rochaix, L.
- 88-88 Preventive screening of adults. An evaluation of methods and programmes. Report of the select committee of experts of the council of Europe : by D. Griffiths and E. Ruitenberg Sainte-Ruffine, Maissonneuve, 1987 164 pp., ISBN 2-7160-0119-7
by Peto, R.
August 1989, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 257-261 Paying physicians according to their resource-costs: The development of a Resource-Based Relative Value Scale
by Hsiao, William C. & Becker, Edmund R.
- 263-274 Price and health policy in Sweden--A critical review
by Rosen, Mans
- 275-284 The rising expenditure on antihypertensive drugs in New Zealand, 1981-1987
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 285-299 Decentralisation trends in the management of New Zealand's health services
by Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 301-307 Possibilities and problems in the development of home care technology
by van Beekum, Taeke & Banta, H. David
- 309-317 Cost of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in four diseases
by Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Fery-Lemonnier, Elisabeth & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine & Cordonnier, Catherine & Rochant, Henri & Fischer, A. & Griscelli, Claude & Gluckman, Eliane & Jolly, Dominique
- 319-320 The U.S. experiment in social medicine. The Community Health Center Program : By A. Sardell University of Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, 1988 278 pp., ISBN 0-8229-3825-1, $14.95
by Gonzalez-Block, M.
- 321-320 Surgical care in the united states. A policy perspective : By M. Finkel (ed.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1989 210 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3638-7, $37.50
by Detmer, D.
- 322-320 Perinatal health services in Europe. Searching for better childbirth : By J. Phaff (ed.) Croom Helm Ltd., Kent, 1986 211 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Torrado, A.
- 323-324 Theory and practice of managed competition in health care finance : by A. Enthoven Elsevier Science Publishers, BV, Amsterdam, 1988 162 pp., ISBN 0-444-703594, $65.75
by Elsinga, E.
- 324-325 Living after mental illness. Innovations in services : by C. Patmore (ed.) Croon Helm Ltd., London, 1987 296 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4085-8, [pound sign]10.95
by Hardie, M.
July 1989, Volume 12, Issue 1-2
June 1989, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 209-226 Medicaid eligibility, benefits, and provider payment: state preferences and implications for national goals
by Reutzel, Thomas J.
- 227-231 Modifications of sexual behaviour related to aids: a survey in Paris region
by Moatti, J. P. & Dab, W. & Abenhaim, L. & Bastide, S.
- 233-238 Changes in Dutch tobacco production since World War II: implications for an anti-smoking policy
by van Reek, Jan & Hagen, Hans & Adriaanse, Hans & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 239-241 Post-marketing drug safety monitoring
by Clark-Nieuwland, K. & Dehaen, F. & Teirlynck, O.
- 243-255 Political decision-making in health care: the Dutch case
by Elsinga, E.
- 257-276 Hospital budgeting in Holland: aspects, trends and effects
by Maarse, J. A. M.
- 277-278 New medical devices. Invention, development and use : by K. Ekelman (ed.) National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1988 186 pp., ISBN 0-309-03846-4, [pound sign]21.10)
by Banta, D.
- 278-279 The business of medicine: Private health care in Britain : by J. Higgins MacMillan Education Press, London, 1988 260 pp
by Saltman, R.
- 280-281 Strategic management of human resources in health services organizations : by M. Fottler, S. Hernandez and C. Joiner (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., New York, 1988 454 pp., ISBN 0-471-83889-6, [pound sign]27.50
by Hall, T.
- 281-284 Socioeconomic evaluation of drug therapy : by W. van Eimmeren and B. Horrisberger (eds.) Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988 244 pp., ISBN 3-540-18662-X, DM 79.00
by Carrin, G.
April 1989, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 101-104 Foreword
by de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 105-113 Conceptual issues in assessing the economic effects of the HIV epidemic
by Pascal, Anthony
- 115-124 Current estimates of HIV prevalence and incidence: Sources and data
by Dondero, Timothy J.
- 125-145 Econometric issues in modeling the costs of AIDS
by Hay, Joel W.
- 147-168 AIDS cost modeling in the U.S.: A pragmatic approach
by Bilheimer, Linda
- 169-186 Guidelines for rapid estimation of the direct and indirect costs of HIV infection in a developing country
by Over, Mead & Bertozzi, Stefano & China, James
- 187-196 The evolution of AIDS economic research
by Bloom, David E. & Glied, Sherry
- 197-208 The cost of AIDS: An agenda for research
by Scitovsky, Anne A.
February 1989, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-17 Scenarios for the future development of accident mortality in The Netherlands
by van Beeck, E. F. & Mackenbach, J. P. & van Oortmarssen, G. J. & Barendregt, J. J. M. & Habbema, J. D. F. & van der Maas, P. J.
- 19-25 Clinical decision making and health care policy: what is the link?
by Mooney, Gavin & Loft, Anne
- 27-42 Impact of the rural reform on financing rural health services in China
by Young, Mary E.
- 43-55 Public competition versus mixed markets: an analytic comparison
by Saltman, Richard B. & von Otter, Casten
- 57-60 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Comments on the Second Opinion by Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Hodgson, Thomas A.
- 61-72 Evaluation of medical equipment on the basis of users' experiences and hazard registration
by Kolstad, Arnulf
- 73-77 Technology assessment - extending the scope of evaluation or fudging the issues?
by Jennett, Bryan
- 79-85 An introduction to Meta-Analysis
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 87-92 Factors influencing the implementation of technology assessment results in medical practice
by Gutzwiller, Felix & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 93-94 The beer sheva experiment : by S. Glick, L. Naggan and M. Prywes (eds.) Israel Journal of Medical Sciences, Jerusalem, Sept.-Oct. 1987 173 pp., $15.00
by Nooman, Z.
December 1988, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 215-216 Quality of life
by Engel, G. L. & Bergsma, J.
- 217-230 Quantitative issues in health-related quality of life assessment
by Aaronson, Neil K.
- 231-240 Research into quality of life: a qualitative approach in the evaluation of a liver transplant programme
by Tymstra, Tj. & Heyink, J. W. & Roorda, J. & Bijleveld, C. M. A. & Gips, C. H. & Slooff, M. J. H.
- 241-257 Role of quality of life in therapeutic strategies in brain tumors
by Koivukangas, Pirjo & Koivukangas, John
- 259-266 Life: quality, value and justice
by Harris, John
- 267-279 Quality of life: does measurement help?
by Bergsma, J. & Engel, G. L.
October 1988, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 123-135 Rural community hospital closure and health policy
by Mullner, Ross M. & Whiteis, David G.
- 137-141 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Reply to Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Behrens, Cornelia & Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 143-154 DRGs U.K. style: a comparison of U.K. and U.S. policies for hospital cost containment and their implications for health status
by Birch, Stephen
- 155-176 The Swedish medical care programs: an interim assessment
by Pine, Leslie & Rosenqvist, Urban & Rosenthal, Marilynn M. & Shapiro, Francine
- 177-206 El Salvador's Ministry of Health, 1975-1986: a provisional performance assessment
by Fiedler, John L.
- 207-206 Health and deprivation. Inequality and the North : by P. Townsend, P. Phillimore and A. Beattie (eds.) Croom Helm Ltd, London, 1987 221 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4352-0, [pound sign]8.95
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 208-206 Controversy about american hospitals. Funding, ownership and performance : by J.R. Hollingsworth and E.J. Hollingsworth American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington D.C., 1987 160 pp., ISBN 0-8477-3637-6, $24.75
by Neumann, C. W.
- 209-210 Health, knowledge and the demand for medical care : by E.K. Van Doorslaer Van Gorcum, Assen, 1987 171 pp., ISBN 90-232-2335-7, Dfl. 29.00
by Zweifel, P.
August 1988, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-19 Treating AIDS: the economic issues
by Drummond, Michael & Davies, Linda
- 21-32 A change of direction in the Dutch health care system?
by Lapre, Ruud M.
- 33-39 A note on nutrition and economics
by Doessel, Darrel P.
- 41-56 The de-institutionalization of care of the elderly: some notes about implementation and outcome of a Swedish case-study
by Thorslund, Mats
- 57-63 Long-term institutional care or home care? What is the best solution for the Canton of Vaud?
by Bachelard, Bernard & Tinturier, Gerald
- 65-76 A three-tiered health system and its inherent cost inflation: the case of medical care inflation in Chile 1979-1983
by Scarpaci, Joseph L. & Bradham, Douglas D.
- 77-109 Undergraduate medical education in Indonesia and its relevance for the needs of primary health care services
by Blizard, Peter J.
- 115-116 Sante mon cher souci : By B. Majnoni-d'Itignano ed. Economica, Paris, 1987 130 pp., 25.00 FF
by Poullier, J. P.
- 116-117 Personal data protection in health and social services : By P. Pearce, P. Parsloe, H. Francis, A. Macara and D. Watson Croom Helm Ltd Publishers, London, 1988 134 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Roger, F. H.
- 117-119 Medicaid and pediatric primary care : By J. Perloff, P. Kletke and K. Neckerman The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 190 pp., $33.00
by Young, M.
- 119-120 Technology assessment and new kidney stone treatment methods : by F. Kamper-Jorgensen, S. Challah and T. Folmer Andersen (eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1988 189 pp., [pound sign]25.00
by Banta, D.
- 120-121 Cost management for hospitals : by J. Nackel, G. Kis and P. Fenaroli Aspen Publishers Inc., Rockville, MD, 1987 263 pp
by Roger, F. H.
June 1988, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 239-122 Preface
by Dutreil, Christian
- 241-250 The aims and methods of technology assessment
by Glasser, Jay H.
- 251-265 Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis of health services: the methodology and its application
by Griffiths, A.
- 267-276 Medical technology assessment: adequate questions, appropriate methods, valuable answers
by Glasser, Jay H. & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 277-284 Importance of databases for technology assessment
by Hansluwka, Harald & Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Gutzwiller, Felix & Paccaud, Fred
- 285-296 Study design for technology assessment: critical issues
by Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Paccaud, Fred
- 297-300 A perspective on ethical issues in technology assessment
by Reiser, Stanley J.
- 301-307 Skull radiography in head trauma: a successful case of technology assessment
by Racoveanu, N. T.
- 309-315 Economic considerations in technology assessment: the case of genetic disease
by Lairson, D. R. & Swint, J. M.
- 317-324 Technology assessment in health care: the U.S. perspective
by Perry, Seymour
- 325-330 Examples of the influence of evaluation on health policy
by Durieux, Pierre & Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Jolly, Dominique & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine
- 331-336 The implications of a national study of risk of anaesthesia
by Tiret, L. & Hatton, F. & Desmonts, J. M. & Vourc'h, G.
- 337-339 Technology assessment policy: top down or bottom up?
by Nobel, Joel J.
- 341-347 Technology assessment at the French National Centre for hospital equipment
by Stephan, Jean Claude
- 349-351 WHO concept on health technology assessment
by Johansen, Kirsten Staehr
April 1988, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 117-131 The impact of DRGs on the cost and quality of health care in the United States
by Davis, Carolyne K. & Rhodes, Deborah J.
- 157-165 DRGs as a basis for prospective payment
by Wiley, Miriam M.
- 167-175 Study of cost by type of diagnosis in Switzerland
by Patel, Mahesh & Mottaz, Alain & Blanc, Thierry & Schenker, Luc
- 177-192 Prospects for using DRGs in Swedish hospitals
by Hakansson, Stefan & Paulson, Eric & Kogeus, Kaj
- 193-204 DRGs and documentation: the information problem
by Roger, Francis H.
- 205-210 DRGs: evaluating the experience
by Jenkins, Linda
- 211-217 Concurrent clinical review: using microcomputer-based DRG-software
by Huertas-Portocarrero, D. & Perez Ruiz, P. & Serna Marmol, J. P.
- 227-229 Economic appraisal of health technology in the european community : by M.F. Drummond (Ed.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1987 265 pp., ISBN 0-19-261634-X, [pound sign]30.00
by Ghelijns, A. T.
- 229-231 Paying the hospital. The organization, dynamics and effects of differing financial arrangements : by W.A. Glaser Jossey-Bass Inc., San Francisco, 1987 483 pp., ISBN 1-55542-048-6, $45.00
by Wiley, M.
- 231-232 Medicare at maturity: Achievements, lessons and challenges : by R.G. Evans and G.L. Stoddart (Eds.) University of Calgary Press, Calgary Alberta, 1987 480 pp., ISBN 0-919813-35-6, $24.95
by Bas, M.
- 232-233 Measurement in health promotion and protection : by T. Abelin, Z.J. Brzezinski and V.D. Carstrairs (Eds.) WHO regional publications, Copenhagen, 1987 658 pp., ISBN 92-1113-0, Sw.fr. 80.00
by Hunt, S.
- 234-233 Malnutrition. What can be done? Lessons from world bank experience : by A. Berg the Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1987 139 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3553, $10.95
by Kigutha, H.
- 234-235 Vitamin a supplementation: Methodologies for field trials : by the National Research Council National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1987 91 pp
by Kigutha, H.
- 235-237 Radiation and health: The biological effects of low-level exposure to ionizing radiation : by R. Russell Jones and R. Southwood (Eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, Sussex, 1987 292 pp., ISBN 0-471-91674-9, [pound sign]19.95
by Passchier, W. F.
1988, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-8 Social perception of AIDS in the general public: a French study
by Moatti, J. P. & Manesse, L. & Le Gales, C. & Pages, J. P. & Fagnani, F.
- 9-24 Rising medical costs and the reform of Japan's health insurance system
by Fujii, Mitsuru & Reich, Michael R.
- 25-37 Training health services managers: improving health by more health economics?
by Leidl, Reiner
- 39-48 The cost of diabetes in France
by Triomphe, A. & Flori, Y. A. & Costagliola, D. & Eschwege, E.
- 49-58 Aging in the 21st century: projections, personal preferences, public policies - a consumer view
by Somers, Anne R.
- 59-74 Efficiency in the National Health Service: lessons from abroad
by Drummond, Michael & Maynard, Alan
- 75-89 Economic analysis of an immunosuppressive strategy in renal transplantation
by Schneider, T. & Fagnani, F. & Lanoe, J. L. & Hourmant, M. & Soulillou, J. P.
- 91-101 Cost-effectiveness prospects of picture archiving and communication systems
by Hindel, Robert & Preger, Walter
- 109-110 Medical care medical costs. The search for a health insurance policy : by R. Fein Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986 240 pp., $22.95
by Ron, A.
- 110-111 DRGs and health care. The management of case mix : by M. Bardsley, J. Coles and L. Jenkins (eds.) Oxford University Press for King Edward's Hospital Fund for London, Oxford, 1987 244 pp., [pound sign]30.00
by Paccaud, F.
- 111-112 The demographics of physician supply: Trends and projections : by the Center for Health Policy Research American Medical Association, Chicago, 1987 i-ix, 1-62
by Mick, S. S.
- 113-114 Perspectives on health policy: Australia, New Zealand, United States : by M. Raffel and N. Raffel (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, U.K., 1987 292 pp., [pound sign]27.50
by Liveris, M. & Boldy, D.
December 1987, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 247-249 Mental climate and the doctor-patient relationship
by Koizumi, Akira
- 251-264 An inquiry concerning future health care technology: Methods and general results
by David Banta, H. & Gelijns, Annetine C. & Griffioen, Jan & Graaff, Peter J.
- 265-276 Future health care applications resulting from progress in the neurosciences: The significance of neural plasticity research
by Gelijns, A. C. & Graaff, P. J. & Lopes da Silva, F. H. & Gispen, W. H.
- 277-281 Forecasting the future of medical technology: Implications for health policy
by Rigter, Henk
- 283-298 Management control in a publicly planned health system: A case study from Finland
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 299-315 Health expenditure by area in Finland -- An indicator of equity
by Sakari Haro, A.
- 317-323 Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?
by Shiell, Alan & Gerard, Karen & Donaldson, Cam
- 325-338 Competition in health care markets and the development of alternative forms of service delivery
by Chirikos, Thomas N. & White, Stephen L.
- 339-346 Contribution of medical decision-making to consensus development conferences
by Klazinga, N. S. & Casparie, A. F. & van Everdingen, J. J. E.
- 347-354 Computing in clinical departments: Implications for the design of hospital information systems
by Wastell, D. G. & Acheson, E. J. & Cotter, L. & Schady, W. & Lucas, S. B. L. & Cronin, E.
- 359-362 Spectramap : by P.J. Lewi et al. Information Science Department, Janssen Research Foundation, 30 Turnhoutse Weg, 2340 Beerse, Belgium
by Thielemans, A. & Massart, D. L.
- 364-366 Health economics: Prospects for the future : by G. Teeling Smith (Ed.) Croom Helm, London, 1987 278 pp. [pound sign]27.50
by Schieber, G.
- 367-368 Prenatal screening, policies and values: The example of neural tube defects : by E.O. Nightingale and S.B. Meister (Eds.) Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 1987 93 pp. $13.25
by Orleans, M.
- 368-369 Human system responses to disaster : by T.E. Drabek Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1986 509 pp. DM 138.00
by Guha-Sapir, D.
- 369-370 Choices for health care: A practical introduction to the economics of health provision (2nd edn.) : by G.H. Mooney, E.M. Russell and R.D. Weir MacMillan Education, Houndmills Hampshire, 1986 179 pp. [pound sign]7.95
by Lapre, R. M.
- 370-371 Living with risk : by the British Medical Association John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester Sussex, 1987 179 pp. [pound sign]14.94
by Schwartz, F. W.
October 1987, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 149-151 Appropriate quality in health care
by Kissick, William L.
- 153-169 Cost containment in a statutory health insurance scheme by substitution of outpatient for inpatient care? The case of the Bavarian Contract
by John, Jurgen & Potthoff, Peter
- 171-181 The effect of economic constraints on the health care system in New Zealand
by Raffel, Marschall W. & Raffel, Norma K.
- 183-192 Towards a new health policy in Hungary
by Forgacs, Ivan & Kokeny, Michael
- 193-196 AIDS prevention: Is cost-benefit analysis appropriate?
by Lee, Philip R. & Moss, Andrew R.
- 197-206 Euthanasia, assistance to suicide and the law: Developments in the Netherlands
by Leenen, H. J. J.
- 207-225 Economic evaluation of six scenarios for the treatment of stones in the kidney and ureter by surgery or extra-corporeal shock wave lithotripsy
by Patel, M. S. & Blacklock, N. J. & Rao, P. N.
- 227-235 Cross-cultural variation in the weighting of health statements: A comparison of English and Swedish valuations
by Hunt, Sonja M. & Wiklund, Ingela