Catastrophic health payments and health insurance: Some counterintuitive evidence from one low-income country
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Pradhan, Menno, 2005. "Health insurance impacts on health and nonmedical consumption in a developing country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3563, The World Bank.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2003. "Catastrophe and impoverishment in paying for health care: with applications to Vietnam 1993-1998," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 921-933.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 2002.
"Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 14101, December.
- Deaton, A. & Zaidi, S., 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis," Papers 192, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates For Welfare Analysis," Working Papers 217, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Sapelli, Claudio & Vial, Bernardita, 2003.
"Self-selection and moral hazard in Chilean health insurance,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 459-476, May.
- Claudio Sapelli & Bernardita Vial, 2001. "Self Selection and Moral Hazard in Chilean Health Insurance," Documentos de Trabajo 195, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Nyman, John A., 1999. "The value of health insurance: the access motive," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-152, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Habiba Romdhane & Bruno Ventelou & Jean-Paul Moatti & Arfa Chokri, 2013.
"Appraising financial protection in health: the case of Tunisia,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 73-93, March.
- Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Habiba Ben Romdhane & Bruno Ventelou & Jean-Paul Moatti & Arfa Chokri, 2013. "Appraising financial protection in health: the case of Tunisia," Post-Print hal-01498257, HAL.
- B. Savitha & Kiran K. B., 2015. "Microhealth insurance and the risk coping strategies for the management of illness in Karnataka: a case study," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 145-163, April.
- Indrani Gupta & William Joe, 2013. "Refining estimates of catastrophic healthcare expenditure: an application in the Indian context," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 157-172, June.
- Ali, Shehzad & Cookson, Richard & Dusheiko, Mark, 2017. "Addressing care-seeking as well as insurance-seeking selection biases in estimating the impact of health insurance on out-of-pocket expenditure," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 127-140.
- Cuong Viet Nguyen, 2012. "The Impact Of Voluntary Health Insurance On Health Care Utilization And Out‐Of‐Pocket Payments: New Evidence For Vietnam," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 946-966, August.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:19:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10198-017-0899-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10754-016-9203-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ebaidalla Mahjoub Ebaidalla & Mohammed Elhaj Mustafa Ali, 2017. "Determinants and Impact of Households’s Out-of-Pocket Health Care Expenditure in Sudan: Evidence From Urban and Rural Population," Working Papers 1170, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 2017.
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2011.
"The Impact of Health Insurance for Children: Evidence from Vietnam,"
36552, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong, 2012. "The Impact of Health Insurance for Children:Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers 33, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Grigorakis, Nikolaos & Floros, Christos & Tsangari, Haritini & Tsoukatos, Evangelos, 2016. "Out of pocket payments and social health insurance for private hospital care: Evidence from Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 948-959.
- Carine Franc & Aurélie Pierre, 2015. "Conséquences de l'assurance publique et complémentaire sur la distribution et la concentration des restes à charge : une étude de cas," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 475(1), pages 31-49.
- S. Savitha & K. Kiran, 2015. "Effectiveness of micro health insurance on financial protection: Evidence from India," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 53-71, March.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong, 2014. "Impact Evaluation of Health Insurance for Children: Evidence from a Developing Country," Working Papers 2014-180, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- McBain, Florence, 2014. "Health insurance and health environment: India’s subsidized health insurance in a context of limited water and sanitation services," Working Papers 179200, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- repec:bla:econpa:v:36:y:2017:i:1:p:17-31 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:83:y:2007:i:2-3:p:304-313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.