Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates For Welfare Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Deaton, A. & Zaidi, S., 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis," Papers 192, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1986. "On Measuring Child Costs: With Applications to Poor Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 720-744, August.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jagannadha Tamvada, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and welfare," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 65-79, January.
- Carson, Richard T. & Louviere, Jordan J., 2014.
"Statistical properties of consideration sets,"
Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 37-48.
- Carson, Richard T. & Louviere, Jordan J., 2006. "Statistical Properties of Consideration Sets," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9qt9g4p4, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Carson, RT & Louviere, JJ, 2015. "Statistical properties of consideration sets," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt3kk0q2dj, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- M. Fleurbaey., 2012.
"Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare,"
VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 2.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2009. "Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1029-1075, December.
- M. Fleurbaey., 2012. "Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 3.
- Michael Ahlheim & Ulrike Lehr, 2008. "Equity and Aggregation in Environmental Valuation," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 295/2008, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Gozalo, Pedro L., 1997. "Nonparametric bootstrap analysis with applications to demographic effects in demand functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 357-393, December.
- Rodríguez Biasone, Juan Ignacio, 2019. "Gastos de consumo de las familias y el costo de los niños," Nülan. Deposited Documents 3150, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Christian Dudel & Jan Marvin Garbuszus & Julian Schmied, 2021.
"Assessing differences in household needs: a comparison of approaches for the estimation of equivalence scales using German expenditure data,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 60(4), pages 1629-1659, April.
- Dudel, Christian & Garbuszus, Jan Marvin & Schmied, Julian, 2017. "Assessing differences in household needs: A comparison of approaches for the estimation of equivalence scales using German expenditure data," Ruhr Economic Papers 723, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Schneider, Friedrich, 2013.
"Considering Household Size in Contingent Valuation Studies,"
VfS Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79974, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Schneider, Friedrich, 2013. "Considering household size in contingent valuation studies," MPRA Paper 62898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Schneider, Friedrich, 2013. "Considering household size in Contingent Valuation studies," FZID Discussion Papers 68-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 1996. "Expenditure behavior and children's welfare: An analysis of female headed households in Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 165-187, June.
- Rodrigo GarcÃa Arancibia, 2013. "Curvas de Engel de alimentos fuera del hogar segÃºn circunstancia de consumo. el caso de Argentina," Revista Cuadernos de EconomÃa, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID, May.
- Dr Justin van de Ven, 2004.
"Estimating Equivalence Scales for Tax and Benefits Systems,"
National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers
229, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- John Muellbauer & Justin van de Ven, 2004. "Estimating Equivalence Scales for Tax and Benefits Systems," Economics Papers 2004-W06, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Christopher J. O'Leary, 1990. "An Econometric Analysis of Unemployment Insurance Benefit Adequacy," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 90-05, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 1989. "Cost of living differences between urban and rural areas in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 341, The World Bank.
- Christian Dudel & Notburga Ott & Martin Werding, 2016. "Maintaining one’s living standard at old age: What does that mean?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1261-1279, November.
- Valérie Lechene, 1993.
"Une revue de la littérature sur les échelles d'équivalence,"
Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 110(4), pages 169-182.
- Lechene, V., 1993. "Une revue de la littérature sur les échelles d'équivalence," DELTA Working Papers 93-04, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Jan Klavus, 1999. "Health care and economic well‐being: estimating equivalence scales for public health care utilization," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 613-625, November.
- Dudel Christian & Garbuszus Jan Marvin & Ott Notburga & Werding Martin, 2017. "Matching as Non-Parametric Preprocessing for the Estimation of Equivalence Scales," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 237(2), pages 115-141, April.
- Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen, 1994. "Human development Index: Methodology and Measurement," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1994-02, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Haines, Michael R., 2019. "Inequality among industrial workers in the late 19th century United States," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 125-137.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
More about this item
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pri:rpdevs:deaton_zaidi_consumption.pdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rpprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Bobray Bordelon (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rpprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.