The Impact of Health Insurance for Children: Evidence from Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nguyen Viet Cuong, 2012. "The Impact of Health Insurance for Children:Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers 33, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Jun, Gao & Ling, Xu & Juncheng, Qian, 2009.
"Extending health insurance to the rural population: An impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Gao Jun & Xu Ling & Qian Juncheng, 2007. "Extending health insurance to the rural population : an impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4150, The World Bank.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Pradhan, Menno, 2005. "Health insurance impacts on health and nonmedical consumption in a developing country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3563, The World Bank.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, March.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, March.
- Ardeshir Sepehri & Sisira Sarma & Wayne Simpson, 2006. "Does non-profit health insurance reduce financial burden? Evidence from the Vietnam living standards survey panel," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 603-616.
- William Greene, 2004. "Fixed Effects and Bias Due to the Incidental Parameters Problem in the Tobit Model," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 125-147.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Estimating health insurance impacts under unobserved heterogeneity: the case of Vietnam's health care fund for the poor," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 189-208.
- Sapelli, Claudio & Vial, Bernardita, 2003.
"Self-selection and moral hazard in Chilean health insurance,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 459-476, May.
- Claudio Sapelli & Bernardita Vial, 2001. "Self Selection and Moral Hazard in Chilean Health Insurance," Documentos de Trabajo 195, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Winnie Yip & Peter Berman, 2001. "Targeted health insurance in a low income country and its impact on access and equity in access: Egypt's school health insurance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 207-220.
- Jowett, M. & Contoyannis, P. & Vinh, N. D., 2003. "The impact of public voluntary health insurance on private health expenditures in Vietnam," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 333-342, January.
- Colm Harmon & Brian Nolan, 2001. "Health insurance and health services utilization in Ireland," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 135-145.
- Ekman, Bjorn, 2007. "Catastrophic health payments and health insurance: Some counterintuitive evidence from one low-income country," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(2-3), pages 304-313, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Palmer, Michael & Mitra, Sophie & Mont, Daniel & Groce, Nora, 2015. "The impact of health insurance for children under age 6 in Vietnam: A regression discontinuity approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 217-226.
More about this item
KeywordsChild health insurance; impact evaluation; health care utilization; out-of-pocket spending; Vietnam;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2012-02-20 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2012-02-20 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2012-02-20 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36552. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.