Measuring the catastrophic and impoverishing effect of household health care spending in Serbia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McIntyre, Diane & Thiede, Michael & Dahlgren, Göran & Whitehead, Margaret, 2006. "What are the economic consequences for households of illness and of paying for health care in low- and middle-income country contexts?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 858-865, February.
- Vian, Taryn & Grybosk, Kristina & Sinoimeri, Zamira & Hall, Rachel, 2006. "Informal payments in government health facilities in Albania: Results of a qualitative study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 877-887, February.
- Yardim, Mahmut Saadi & Cilingiroglu, Nesrin & Yardim, Nazan, 2010. "Catastrophic health expenditure and impoverishment in Turkey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 26-33, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2008. "Measuring financial protection in health," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4554, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton, 2008.
"Income, Health, and Well-Being around the World: Evidence from the Gallup World Poll,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 53-72, Spring.
- Angus Deaton, 2008. "Income, Health, and Well-Being around the World: Evidence from the Gallup World Poll," Working Papers 1124, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Wagstaff, Adam & Pradhan, Menno, 2005. "Health insurance impacts on health and nonmedical consumption in a developing country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3563, The World Bank.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- repec:idb:brikps:59558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristian C. Baeza & Truman G. Packard, 2006. "Beyond Survival : Protecting Households from Health Shocks in Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7120.
- Xu, Ke & Evans, David B. & Kadama, Patrick & Nabyonga, Juliet & Ogwal, Peter Ogwang & Nabukhonzo, Pamela & Aguilar, Ana Mylena, 2006. "Understanding the impact of eliminating user fees: Utilization and catastrophic health expenditures in Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 866-876, February.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2003. "Catastrophe and impoverishment in paying for health care: with applications to Vietnam 1993-1998," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 921-933.
- Foster, James E, 1998. "Absolute versus Relative Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 335-341, May.
- Gabriela Flores & Jaya Krishnakumar & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Coping with health-care costs: implications for the measurement of catastrophic expenditures and poverty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1393-1412.
- repec:pri:cheawb:deaton_income_health_and_wellbeing_around_the_world_evidence_%20from_gall is not listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, M., 1998. "Poverty Lines in Theory and Practice," Papers 133, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Ravi P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen Oâ€™ Donnell, 2011. "Who Pays for Health Care in Asia?," Working Papers id:3608, eSocialSciences.
- Truman G. Packard & Cristian C. Baeza, 2006. "Beyond Survival: Protecting Households from Health Shocks in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59558, February.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28241 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mpr:mprres:3123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Falkingham, Jane, 2004. "Poverty, out-of-pocket payments and access to health care: evidence from Tajikistan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 247-258, January.
- O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Rannan-Eliya, Ravi P. & Somanathan, Aparnaa & Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Akkazieva, Baktygul & Harbianto, Deni & Garg, Charu C. & Hanvoravongchai, Piya & Herrin, Ale, 2008. "Who pays for health care in Asia?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 460-475, March.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
- Abegunde, Dele Olawale & Stanciole, Anderson E., 2008. "The economic impact of chronic diseases: How do households respond to shocks? Evidence from Russia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2296-2307, June.
- Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada & van Praag, Bernard M. S., 2001. "Poverty in the Russian Federation," IZA Discussion Papers 259, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jonathan Haughton & Shahidur R. Khandker, 2009. "Handbook on Poverty and Inequality," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11985.
- Szende, Agota & Culyer, Anthony Johr, 2006. "The inequity of informal payments for health care: The case of Hungary," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 262-271, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10754-016-9203-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reham Rizk & Hala Abou-Ali, 2016. "Out of Pocket Health Expenditure and Household Budget: Evidence from Arab Countries," Working Papers 1065, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Jan 2016.
- Ahmed Shoukry Rashad & Mesbah Fathy Sharaf, 2015. "Catastrophic Economic Consequences of Healthcare Payments: Effects on Poverty Estimates in Egypt, Jordan, and Palestine," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(4), pages 1-19, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSerbia; Poverty; Catastrophic health care expenditure; Impoverishing health care;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:78:y:2013:i:c:p:17-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .