Out-of-pocket expenditures for hospital care in Iran: who is at risk of incurring catastrophic payments?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yardim, Mahmut Saadi & Cilingiroglu, Nesrin & Yardim, Nazan, 2010. "Catastrophic health expenditure and impoverishment in Turkey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 26-33, January.
- Albert A. Okunade & Chutima Suraratdecha & David A. Benson, 2010. "Determinants of Thailand household healthcare expenditure: the relevance of permanent resources and other correlates," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 365-376.
- Xiaoyun Sun & Sukhan Jackson & Gordon Carmichael & Adrian C. Sleigh, 2009. "Catastrophic medical payment and financial protection in rural China: evidence from the New Cooperative Medical Scheme in Shandong Province," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 103-119.
- Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer & Adam Wagstaff & Magnus Lindelow, 2008. "Analyzing Health Equity Using Household Survey Data : A Guide to Techniques and Their Implementation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6896.
- Londono, Juan-Luis & Frenk, Julio, 1997. "Structured pluralism: towards an innovative model for health system reform in Latin America," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-36, July.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2003. "Catastrophe and impoverishment in paying for health care: with applications to Vietnam 1993-1998," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 921-933.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & van der Burg, Hattem & Calonge, Samuel & Christiansen, Terkel & Citoni, Guido & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Mike & Gross, Lorna & Hakinnen, Unto, 1999. "Equity in the finance of health care: some further international comparisons1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 263-290, June.
- Mohammad Hajizadeh & Luke Connelly, 2010. "Equity of Health Care Financing in Iran: The Effect of Extending Health Insurance to the Uninsured," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 461-476.
- Lairson, David R. & Hindson, Paul & Hauquitz, Alan, 1995. "Equity of health care in Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 475-482, August.
- O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Rannan-Eliya, Ravi P. & Somanathan, Aparnaa & Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Akkazieva, Baktygul & Harbianto, Deni & Garg, Charu C. & Hanvoravongchai, Piya & Herrin, Ale, 2008. "Who pays for health care in Asia?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 460-475, March.
- Waters, Hugh R. & Anderson, Gerard F. & Mays, Jim, 2004. "Measuring financial protection in health in the United States," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 339-349, September.
- Somkotra, Tewarit & Lagrada, Leizel P., 2008. "Payments for health care and its effect on catastrophe and impoverishment: Experience from the transition to Universal Coverage in Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2027-2035, December.
- David Roodman, 2009. "Mixed-process models with cmp," DC09 Stata Conference 11, Stata Users Group.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1992. "Equity in the finance of health care: Some international comparisons," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 361-387, December.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
- Nawata, Kazumitsu, 1993. "A note on the estimation of models with sample-selection biases," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 15-24.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1997. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: Measurement, computation, and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 87-103, March.
- Berman, Peter, 1995. "Health sector reform: making health development sustainable," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 13-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Habiba Romdhane & Bruno Ventelou & Jean-Paul Moatti & Arfa Chokri, 2013.
"Appraising financial protection in health: the case of Tunisia,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 73-93, March.
- Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Habiba Ben Romdhane & Bruno Ventelou & Jean-Paul Moatti & Arfa Chokri, 2013. "Appraising financial protection in health: the case of Tunisia," Post-Print hal-01498257, HAL.
- Mohammad Hajizadeh & Luke B. Connelly & James R.G. Butler & Aredshir Khosravi, 2012. "Unmet need and met unneed in health care utilisation in Iran," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(6), pages 400-422, May.
- V. Ridde & I. Agier & A. Jahn & O. Mueller & J. Tiendrebéogo & M. Yé & M. De Allegri, 2015. "The impact of user fee removal policies on household out-of-pocket spending: evidence against the inverse equity hypothesis from a population based study in Burkina Faso," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(1), pages 55-64, January.
- Dhanaraj, Sowmya, 2014.
"Health shocks and coping strategies: State health insurance scheme of Andhra Pradesh, India,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
003, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sowmya Dhanaraj, 2015. "Health Shocks and Coping Strategies: State Health Insurance Scheme of Andhra Pradesh, India," Working Papers 2015-120, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
More about this item
KeywordsOut-of-pocket expenditures; Catastrophic expenditures; Heckman selection model; Hospital care; Iran; D63; H51; I18;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ijhcfe:v:11:y:2011:i:4:p:267-285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.