Measuring financial protection in health in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & van der Burg, Hattem & Calonge, Samuel & Christiansen, Terkel & Citoni, Guido & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Mike & Gross, Lorna & Hakinnen, Unto, 1999. "Equity in the finance of health care: some further international comparisons1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 263-290, June.
- repec:mpr:mprres:3123 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jane Chuma & Catherine Molyneux, 2009. "Coping with the costs of illness: the role of shops and shopkeepers as social networks in a low-income community in coastal Kenya," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 252-270.
- Xiaoyun Sun & Sukhan Jackson & Gordon Carmichael & Adrian C. Sleigh, 2009. "Catastrophic medical payment and financial protection in rural China: evidence from the New Cooperative Medical Scheme in Shandong Province," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 103-119.
- Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William C., 2009. "Non-evidence-based policy: How effective is China's new cooperative medical scheme in reducing medical impoverishment?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 201-209, January.
- Katherine Baird, 2016. "The Financial Burden of Out-of-Pocket Expenses in the US and Canada: How Different is the US?," LIS Working papers 671, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus, 2008.
"Can insurance increase financial risk?: The curious case of health insurance in China,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 990-1005, July.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus, 2005. "Can insurance increase financial risk ? The curious case of health insurance in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3741, The World Bank.
- Baird, Katherine Elizabeth, 2016. "The incidence of high medical expenses by health status in seven developed countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 26-34.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10754-016-9203-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Mussa, 2016.
"Exit from catastrophic health payments: a method and an application to Malawi,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 163-174, June.
- Mussa, Richard, 2014. "Exit from Catastrophic Health Payments: A Method and an Application to Malawi," MPRA Paper 56618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ligane Séne & Momath Cissé, 2015. "Catastrophic out-of-pocket payments for health and poverty nexus: evidence from Senegal," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 307-328, September.
- Kronenberg, Christoph & Barros, Pedro Pita, 2014. "Catastrophic healthcare expenditure – Drivers and protection: The Portuguese case," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 44-51.
- Mohammad Hajizadeh & Hong Nghiem, 2011. "Out-of-pocket expenditures for hospital care in Iran: who is at risk of incurring catastrophic payments?," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 267-285, December.
- Grigorakis, Nikolaos & Floros, Christos & Tsangari, Haritini & Tsoukatos, Evangelos, 2016. "Out of pocket payments and social health insurance for private hospital care: Evidence from Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 948-959.
- Waters, Hugh R. & Bós, Antonio M., 2008. "The financial protection impact of the public health system and private insurance in Brazil," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Mitra, Sophie & Posarac, Aleksandra & Vick, Brandon, 2013. "Disability and Poverty in Developing Countries: A Multidimensional Study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-18.
- Katherine Baird, 2016. "The Incidence of High Medical Expenses by Health Status in Seven Developed Countries," LIS Working papers 670, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Tomini, Sonila & Packard, Truman G., 2011. "Are health care payments in Albania catastrophic? Evidence form ALSMS 2002, 2005 and 2008," MERIT Working Papers 019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:69:y:2004:i:3:p:339-349. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .