Increasing tobacco taxes: A cheap tool to increase public health
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angel López Nicolás, 2002.
"How important are tobacco prices in the propensity to start and quit smoking? An analysis of smoking histories from the Spanish National Health Survey,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 521-535.
- Ángel López Nicolás, 2001. "How important are tobacco prices in the propensity to start and quit smoking? An analysis of smoking histories from the Spanish National Health Survey," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 548, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ángel López Nicolás, 2001. "How important are tobacco prices in the propensity to start and quit smoking? An analysis of smoking histories from the Spanish National Health Survey," Economics Working Papers 548, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-wei & Barnett, Paul G. & Manning, Willard G. & Sung, Hai-Yen, 1996. "Do cigarette producers price-discriminate by state? An empirical analysis of local cigarette pricing and taxation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 499-512, August.
- Martin Forster & Andrew M. Jones, 2001.
"The role of tobacco taxes in starting and quitting smoking: Duration analysis of British data,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(3), pages 517-547.
- Martin Forster & Andrew Jones, 2000. "The role of tobacco taxes in starting and quitting smoking: duration analysis of British data," Working Papers 176chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:8:1241-1247_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:2:239-244_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Koopmanschap, Marc A., 2000. "On the economic foundations of CEA. Ladies and gentlemen, take your positions!," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 439-459, July.
- John A. Nyman, 2004. "Should the consumption of survivors be included as a cost in cost-utility analysis?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 417-427.
- Craig A. Gallet & John A. List, 2003. "Cigarette demand: a meta-analysis of elasticities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 821-835.
- Douglas, Stratford, 1998. "The Duration of the Smoking Habit," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 49-64, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Zhuo & Roy, Kakoli & Haddix, Anne C. & Thacker, Stephen B., 2010. "Factors associated with differences in mortality and self-reported health across states in the United States," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 203-210, March.
- Pieter H. M. van Baal & Talitha L. Feenstra & Johan J. Polder & Rudolf T. Hoogenveen & Werner B. F. Brouwer, 2011.
"Economic evaluation and the postponement of health care costs,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 432-445, April.
- van Baal, P.H. & Feenstra, T.L. & Polder, J.J. & Hoogenveen, R.T. & Brouwer, W., 2011. "Economic evaluation and the postponement of health care costs," Other publications TiSEM ee3d1a20-234a-46d7-8acd-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:82:y:2007:i:2:p:142-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.