Finance for all? : Policies and pitfalls in expanding access
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Can regulation promote financial inclusion?
by Raian Divanbeigi in Let's Talk Development on 2019-05-09 13:24:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alfred Hannig & Stefan Jansen, 2010. "Financial Inclusion and Financial Stability : Current Policy Issues," Finance Working Papers 23124, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- SAM, Vichet, 2019. "Formal Financial Inclusion in Cambodia: What are the Key Barriers and Determinants?," MPRA Paper 94000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiara Coluzzi & Annalisa Ferrando & Carmen Martínez-Carrascal, 2009.
"Financing obstacles and growth: An analysis for euro area non-financial corporations,"
0836, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Martinez-Carrascal, Carmen & Coluzzi, Chiara, 2009. "Financing obstacles and growth: an analysis for euro area non-financial corporations," Working Paper Series 997, European Central Bank.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Can Regional Cross-listings Accelerate Stock Market Development? Empirical Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 08/281, International Monetary Fund.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Marquez, Robert, 2015.
"Deposits and bank capital structure,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 601-619.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti, 2013. "Deposits and Bank Capital Structure," Working Papers 477, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Marquez, Robert, 2014. "Deposits and Bank Capital Structure," Working Papers 14-08, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti, 2013. "Deposits and Bank Capital Structure," Economics Working Papers ECO2013/03, European University Institute.
- Honohan, Patrick, 2008. "Cross-country variation in household access to financial services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2493-2500, November.
- Francis Annan, 2017. "Fraud on Mobile Financial Markets: Evidence from A Pilot Audit Study," Working Papers 17-16, NET Institute.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez and Maria Alejandra Amado, 2014. "Understanding Latin America’s Financial Inclusion Gap - Working Paper 367," Working Papers 367, Center for Global Development.
- N'dri, Lasme Mathieu & Kakinaka, Makoto, 2020. "Financial inclusion, mobile money, and individual welfare: The case of Burkina Faso," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3).
- Zouri, Stéphane, 2019. "Business cycles,bilateral trade and international financial intergration : Evidence from Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)," MPRA Paper 98748, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van der Boor, Paul & Oliveira, Pedro & Veloso, Francisco, 2014. "Users as innovators in developing countries: The global sources of innovation and diffusion in mobile banking services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1594-1607.
- Chakravarty, Satya R. & Pal, Rupayan, 2013.
"Financial inclusion in India: An axiomatic approach,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 813-837.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Rupayan Pal, 2010. "Measuring Financial Inclusion : An Axiomatic Approach," Microeconomics Working Papers 22776, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Rupayan Pal, 2010. "Measuring financial inclusion: An Axiomatic approach," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2010-03, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Aaron Mehrotra & James Yetman, 2014. "Financial inclusion and optimal monetary policy," BIS Working Papers 476, Bank for International Settlements.
- Asad K. Ghalib & Issam Malki & Katsushi S. Imai, 2012. "Microfinance and its role in household poverty reduction: findings from Pakistan," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 17312, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Sebastian Jauch & Sebastian Watzka, 2016. "Financial development and income inequality: a panel data approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 291-314, August.
- Menyah, Kojo & Nazlioglu, Saban & Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2014. "Financial development, trade openness and economic growth in African countries: New insights from a panel causality approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 386-394.
- Mühlnickel, Janina & Weiß, Gregor N.F., 2015. "Consolidation and systemic risk in the international insurance industry," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 187-202.
- Sucre Reyes, M.A., 2014. "Finance, growth and social fairness : Evidence for Latin America and Bolivia," Other publications TiSEM ad514338-1973-4ec9-b5c7-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gozzi, Juan Carlos & Schmukler, Sergio, 2016.
"Public Credit Guarantees and Access to Finance,"
Economic Research Papers
269324, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Carlos Gozzi, & Schmukler, Sergio, 2016. "Public Credit Guarantees and Access to Finance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1122, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Lan Khanh Chu, 2019. "Determinants of financial inclusions: comparing high, middle, and low-income countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(2), pages 1449-1457.
- Sarath Chandran, B.P. & Manju, T.K., 2010. "Financial Inclusion Strategies For Inclusive Growth In India," MPRA Paper 33569, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhattacharya, Mita & Inekwe, John Nkwoma & Valenzuela, Maria Rebecca, 2018. "Financial integration in Africa: New evidence using network approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 379-390.
- Lay, Sok Heng, 2018. "Mobile Phones and Financial Access: Evidence from the Finscope Surveys of Selected Asian Countries," MPRA Paper 87216, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2018.
- Fahana Ferdousi, 2013. "Determinants of Performance of Microfinance Institutions: Cross Country Analysis," International Journal of Financial Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 1(4), pages 143-151.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor & Oswald, Eva-Maria, 2016. "Repayment behavior in peer-to-peer microfinancing: Empirical evidence from Kiva," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 45-59.
- S M Rakibul ANWAR & Tanzina Tabassum TANZO & Riduanul MOSTAFA, 2017. "Financial Inclusion- A Comparative Study On South Asia," Business Excellence and Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 7(4), pages 18-33, December.
- Isaac Koomson & Renato A. Villano & David Hadley, 2020. "Effect of Financial Inclusion on Poverty and Vulnerability to Poverty: Evidence Using a Multidimensional Measure of Financial Inclusion," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 149(2), pages 613-639, June.
- Mertzanis, Charilaos, 2016. "The absorption of financial services in an Islamic environment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 216-236.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Republic of Madagascar; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/25, International Monetary Fund.
- Felipe Kast & Stephan Meier & Dina Pomeranz, 2012.
"Under-Savers Anonymous: Evidence on Self-Help Groups and Peer Pressure as a Savings Commitment Device,"
NBER Working Papers
18417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kast, Felipe & Meier, Stephan & Pomeranz, Dina, 2012. "Under-Savers Anonymous: Evidence on Self-Help Groups and Peer Pressure as a Savings Commitment Device," IZA Discussion Papers 6311, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Terrence Kairiza & Philemon Kiprono & Vengesai Magadzire, 2017. "Gender differences in financial inclusion amongst entrepreneurs in Zimbabwe," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 259-272, January.
- Walid Abdmoulah & Riadh Ben Jelili, 2013.
"Access to Finance Thresholds and the Finance-Growth Nexus,"
Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(4), pages 522-534, December.
- Ben Jelili, Riadh & Abdmoulah, Walid, 2013. "Access to Finance Thresholds and the Finance-Growth Nexus," MPRA Paper 52221, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Smita Ramakrishna (Correspondence author) & Pankaj Trivedi, 2018. "What Determines the Success of Financial Inclusion? An Empirical Analysis of Demand Side Factors," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 14, pages 98-112, November.
- Elmas Yaldız Hanedar & Yener Altunbas & Flavio Bazzana, 2014. "Why Do SMEs Use Informal Credit? A Comparison between Countries," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 65-86, July.
- Andrea F. Presbitero & Roberta Rabellotti, 2014.
"Geographical Distance And Moral Hazard In Microcredit: Evidence From Colombia,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Roberta Rabellotti, 2012. "Geographical Distance and Moral Hazard in Microcredit: Evidence from Colombia," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 58, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Namibia; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/41, International Monetary Fund.
- Angela Roman, 2011. "The Access To Financing Of Small And Medium Enterprises In Romania And Implications Of Current Crisis," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2011, pages 101-113, july.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2016. "Does mobile telephony spur growth? Evidence from Indian states," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1020-1031.
- Serena Masino & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa, 2014.
"Social Service Delivery and Access to Financial Innovation: The Impact of Oportunidades' Electronic Payment System in Mexico,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
wp-2014-034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Masino, Serena & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel, 2014. "Social service delivery and access to financial innovation. The impact of Oportunidades’ electronic payment system in Mexico," MPRA Paper 53430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Holzheu & Ginger Turner, 2018. "The Natural Catastrophe Protection Gap: Measurement, Root Causes and Ways of Addressing Underinsurance for Extreme Events†," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 43(1), pages 37-71, January.
- J. Birkenmaier & Q. Fu, 2019. "Does U.S. Household Financial Access Mediate the Relationship Between a Large Income Drop and Credit Record?," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 267-283, June.
- George Okello Candiya Bongomin & Joseph Mpeera Ntayi & John C. Munene & Isaac Nkote Nabeta, 2016. "Financial Inclusion in Rural Uganda: Testing Interaction Effect of Financial Literacy and Networks," Journal of African Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 106-128, January.
- Kabakova, Oksana & Plaksenkov, Evgeny, 2018. "Analysis of factors affecting financial inclusion: Ecosystem view," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 198-205.
- Honohan, Patrick, 2010.
"Partial credit guarantees: Principles and practice,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Patrick Honohan, 2008. "Partial Credit Guarantees: Principles and Practice," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp244, IIIS.
- Kast, Felipe & Meier, Stephan & Pomeranz, Dina, 2018. "Saving more in groups: Field experimental evidence from Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 275-294.
- Allegrezza, Serge & Ben Aoun-Peltier, Leila & Dubrocard, Anne & Larue, Solène, 2013. "Access to finance of independent SMEs in Luxembourg. The consequences of the crisis," MPRA Paper 49330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahamed, M. Mostak & Mallick, Sushanta K., 2019. "Is financial inclusion good for bank stability? International evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 403-427.
- Masino, Serena & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel, 2014.
"Social service delivery and access to financial innovation. The impact of Oportunidades’ electronic payment system in Mexico,"
53430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masino, Serena & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel, 2014. "Social service delivery and access to financial innovation: The impact of Oportunidades. electronic payment system in Mexico," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hayder M. Kareem Al-Duhaidahawi & Jing Zhang & Mustafa S. Abdulreza & Sinan Abdullah Harjan & Sayyed Sadaqat Hussain Shah, 2019. "The Role of Financial Inclusion and Competitive Advantage: Evidence from Iraqi Islamic Banks," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 9(3), pages 193-199.
- Anjali Kumar & Sushma Narain & Swizen Rubbani, 2015. "World Bank Lending for Financial Inclusion," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21796.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora & Singer, Dorothe, 2013. "Financial inclusion and legal discrimination against women : evidence from developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6416, The World Bank.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Ruixin Zhang, 2015. "On the impact of financial development on income distribution: time-series evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(12), pages 1248-1271, March.
- Raymond Osi Alenoghena, 2017. "Financial Inclusion and per Capita Income in Africa: Bayesian Var Estimates," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 13(5), pages 201-221, OCTOBER.
- Aliona Cebotari, 2008. "Contingent Liabilities; Issues and Practice," IMF Working Papers 08/245, International Monetary Fund.
- Imelda T. Angeles & Ma. Socorro P. Calara & Allan B. Guzman, 2019. "The mediating effect of microfinancing on access to finance and growth of microenterprises: evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Olaniyi Evans & Olaniyi Lawanson, 2017. "A Multi-Sectoral Study of Financial Inclusion and Economic Output in Nigeria," Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 0(1), pages 195-204, June.
- Marc Audi & Chan Bibi & Khalil Ahmad, 2019. "Financial Inclusion, Economic Growth and Human Well-Being Nexus: Empirics from Pakistan, India, China, Sri-Lanka, Bangladesh and Malaysia," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 8(4), pages 177-190, December.
- Angela ROMAN & Alina Camelia SARGU, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on the Business Environment:Recent European Experience and Support Measures," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 295-303.
- Banuri,Sheheryar & Nguyen,Ha Minh, 2020. "Borrowing to Keep Up (with the Joneses) : Inequality, Debt, and Conspicuous Consumption," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9354, The World Bank.
- Batiz-lazo, Bernardo & del Angel, Gustavo, 2016. "El nacimiento de la tarjeta de credito bancaria an Mexico y Espana, 1966-1975 [The emergence of the bank credit card in Mexico and Spain, 1966-1975]," MPRA Paper 78004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2016.
- de Koker, Louis & Jentzsch, Nicola, 2013. "Financial Inclusion and Financial Integrity: Aligned Incentives?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 267-280.
- Augusto de la Torre & María Soledad Martínez Pería & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2009. "Drivers and Obstacles to Banking SMEs: The Role of Competition and the Institutional Framework," CESifo Working Paper Series 2651, CESifo.
- Alimukhamedova, Nargiza & Filer, Randall K & Hanousek, Jan, 2015.
"The Importance of Geographic Access for the Impact of Microfinance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10696, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nargiza Alimukhamedova & Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2016. "The Importance of Geographic Access for the Impact of Microfinance," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 445, Hunter College Department of Economics, revised 07 Nov 2016.
- Nargiza Alimukhamedova & Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2016. "The Importance of Geographic Access for the Impact of Microfinance," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp577, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Nargiza Alimukhamedova & Randall Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2015. "The Importance of Geographic Access for the Impact of Microfinance," CESifo Working Paper Series 5433, CESifo.
- Afandi, Elvin & Kermani, Majid, 2012. "The Relationship between Trust and a Firm’s Access to Financing: Evidence from Transitional Countries," MPRA Paper 46998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angélica del Carmen Calle Sarmiento, 2018. "Analysis of the Ownership of Financial Products: Evidence to Contribute to Financial Inclusion in Bolivia," Investigación Conjunta-Joint Research, in: María José Roa García & Diana Mejía (ed.),Financial Decisions of Households and Financial Inclusion: Evidence for Latin America and the Caribbean, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 15-50, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA.
- de la Torre, Augusto & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2008. "Drivers and obstacles to banking SMEs : the role of competition and the institutional framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4788, The World Bank.
- Zouri, Stéphane, 2019. "Business cycles,bilateral trade and international financial intergration : Evidence from Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)," MPRA Paper 95275, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yinghui Chen & Xiaolin Gong & Chien-Chi Chu & Yang Cao, 2018. "Access to the Internet and Access to Finance: Theory and Evidence," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-38, July.
- Adewale Abideen Adeyemi & M. Kabir Hassan, 2014. "Islamic microfinancing," Chapters, in: M. Kabir Hassan & Mervyn K. Lewis (ed.),Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 21, pages iii-iii, Edward Elgar Publishing.