Partial credit guarantees: Principles and practice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Patrick Honohan, 2008. "Partial Credit Guarantees: Principles and Practice," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp244, IIIS.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cowling, Marc & Mitchell, Peter, 2003. "Is the Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme Hazardous for Banks or Helpful to Small Business?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 63-71, August.
- David de Meza & David C. Webb, 1987. "Too Much Investment: A Problem of Asymmetric Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 281-292.
- Besanko, David & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987. "Collateral and Rationing: Sorting Equilibria in Monopolistic and Competitive Credit Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 671-689, October.
- Gyutaeg Oh & Jae-Ha Park, 2006. "Creation of a regional credit guarantee mechanism in As," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Asian bond markets: issues and prospects, volume 30, pages 224-240 Bank for International Settlements.
- Mody, Ashoka & Patro, Dilip K, 1996. "Valuing and Accounting for Loan Guarantees," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 119-142, February.
- de la Torre, Augusto & Gozzi, Juan Carlos & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2007. "Innovative experiences in access to finance : market friendly roles for the visible hand ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4326, The World Bank.
- Berger, Allen N & Frame, W Scott & Miller, Nathan H, 2005.
"Credit Scoring and the Availability, Price, and Risk of Small Business Credit,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 191-222, April.
- Allen N. Berger & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2002. "Credit scoring and the availability, price, and risk of small business credit," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-26, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2002. "Credit scoring and the availability, price, and risk of small business credit," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Besley, Timothy, 1994.
"How Do Market Failures Justify Interventions in Rural Credit Markets?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 27-47, January.
- Besley, T., 1992. "How Do Market Failures Justify Interventions in Rural Credit Markets?," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, A. & Beck, T.H.L. & Honohan, P., 2008. "Finance for all? : Policies and pitfalls in expanding access," Other publications TiSEM aec73d3a-d6eb-457f-9182-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gale, William G, 1991. "Economic Effects of Federal Credit Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 133-152, March.
- Salvatore Zecchini & Marco Ventura, 2006. "Public Credit Guarantees and SME Finance," ISAE Working Papers 73, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Allan Riding & Judith Madill & George Haines, 2007. "Incrementality of SME Loan Guarantees," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 47-61, June.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Richard K. Green & Susan M. Wachter, 2005.
"The American Mortgage in Historical and International Context,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 93-114, Fall.
- Richard K. Green & Susan M. Wachter, 2005. "The American Mortgage in Historical and International Context," Working Paper 9094, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Riding, Allan L. & HainesJR., George, 2001. "Loan guarantees: Costs of default and benefits to small firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 595-612, November.
- Ben R. Craig & William E. Jackson & James B. Thomson, 2007. "On government intervention in the small-firm credit market and its effect on economic performance," Working Paper 0702, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Suresh de Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2009.
"Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 423-423.
- Suresh de Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2008. "Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1329-1372.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2007. "Returns to capital in microenterprises : evidence from a field experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4230, The World Bank.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2007. "Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2934, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Huizinga, Harry, 1997. "Are there synergies between World Bank partial credit guarantees and private lending?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1802, The World Bank.
- David de Meza, 2002. "Overlending?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 17-31, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- José Miguel Benavente & Alexander Galetovic & Ricardo Sanhueza, 2006. "Fogape: an economic analysis," Working Papers wp222, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Claire Lelarge & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and Credit Constraints: Evidence from a French Loan Guarantee Program," NBER Chapters,in: International Differences in Entrepreneurship, pages 243-273 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zia, Bilal H., 2008. "Export incentives, financial constraints, and the (mis)allocation of credit: Micro-level evidence from subsidized export loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 498-527, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit guarantees Development finance SME finance Subsidies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:6:y:2010:i:1:p:1-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.