Formal Financial Inclusion in Cambodia: What are the Key Barriers and Determinants?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2015.
"Understanding financial inclusion in China,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 196-206.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Understanding financial inclusion in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 10/2014, Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT).
- Zuzana Fungácová & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Understanding Financial Inclusion in China," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2014-06, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Grohmann, Antonia & Klühs, Theres & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2018.
"Does financial literacy improve financial inclusion? Cross country evidence,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 84-96.
- Grohmann, Antonia & Klühs, Theres & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2018. "Does financial literacy improve financial inclusion? Cross country evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 84-96.
- Antonia Grohmann & Theres Klühs & Lukas Menkhoff, 2017. "Does Financial Literacy Improve Financial Inclusion? Cross Country Evidence," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1682, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Grohmann, Antonia & Klühs, Theres & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2018. "Does Financial Literacy Improve Financial Inclusion? Cross Country Evidence," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 95, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Klühs, Theres & Grohmann, Antonia & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2017. "Does Financial Literacy Improve Financial Inclusion? Cross Country Evidence," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168165, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, A. & Beck, T.H.L. & Honohan, P., 2008. "Finance for all? : Policies and pitfalls in expanding access," Other publications TiSEM aec73d3a-d6eb-457f-9182-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Issouf Soumaré & Fulbert Tchana Tchana & Thierry Martial Kengne, 2016. "Analysis of the determinants of financial inclusion in Central and West Africa," Transnational Corporations Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 231-249, October.
- Godfrey Akileng & Gillian Mercy Lawino & Eric Nzibonera, 2018. "Evaluation of determinants of financial inclusion in Uganda," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 8(4), pages 1-4.
- Mirko Bendig & Lena Giesbert & Susan Steiner, 2009.
"Savings, Credit, and Insurance: Household Demand for Formal Financial Services in Rural Ghana,"
Global Development Institute Working Paper Series
7609, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Bendig, Mirko & Giesbert, Lena & Steiner, Susan, 2009. "Savings, Credit and Insurance: Household Demand for Formal Financial Services in Rural Ghana," GIGA Working Papers 94, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Ximena Pena & Carmen Hoyo & David Tuesta, 2014. "Determinants of financial inclusion in Mexico based on the 2012 National Financial Inclusion Survey (ENIF)," Working Papers 1415, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Miriam Bruhn & Inessa Love, 2014. "The Real Impact of Improved Access to Finance: Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(3), pages 1347-1376, June.
- Gilberto M. Llanto, 2015. "Households’ access to financial services: some evidence from survey data," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 52(2), pages 170-191, December.
- Noelia Camara & Ximena Pena & David Tuesta, 2014. "Factors that Matter for Financial Inclusion: Evidence from Peru," Working Papers 1409, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Robin Burgess & Rohini Pande, 2005.
"Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 780-795, June.
- Burgess, Robin & Pande, Rohini, 2003. "Do rural banks matter? Evidence from the Indian social banking experiment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2244, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robin Burgess & Rohini Pande, 2004. "Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 04/104, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Burgess, Robin & Pande, Rohini, 2004. "Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 4211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robin Burgess & Rohini Pande, 2003. "Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 40, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Lay, Sok Heng, 2018. "Mobile Phones and Financial Access: Evidence from the Finscope Surveys of Selected Asian Countries," MPRA Paper 87216, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2018.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Llanto, Gilberto M. & Rosellon, Maureen Ane D., 2017. "What Determines Financial Inclusion in the Philippines? Evidence from a National Baseline Survey," Discussion Papers DP 2017-38, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SAM, Vichet, 2019. "Access to Formal Credit and Gender Income Gap: The Case of Farmers in Cambodia," MPRA Paper 97052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Guillermo Boitano & Deybi Franco Abanto, 2020. "Challenges of financial inclusion policies in Peru," Revista Finanzas y Politica Economica, Universidad Católica de Colombia, vol. 12(1), pages 89-117, June.
- Dar, Shafkat Shafi & Sahu, Sohini, 2022. "The effect of language on financial inclusion," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 106(C).
- N'dri, Lasme Mathieu & Kakinaka, Makoto, 2020. "Financial inclusion, mobile money, and individual welfare: The case of Burkina Faso," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3).
- Eduardo Polloni-Silva & Naijela da Costa & Herick Fernando Moralles & Mario Sacomano Neto, 2021. "Does Financial Inclusion Diminish Poverty and Inequality? A Panel Data Analysis for Latin American Countries," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 158(3), pages 889-925, December.
- Singh, Vinay Kumar & Ghosh, Sajal, 2021. "Financial inclusion and economic growth in India amid demonetization: A case study based on panel cointegration and causality," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 674-693.
- Feghali, Khalil & Mora, Nada & Nassif, Pamela, 2021. "Financial inclusion, bank market structure, and financial stability: International evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 236-257.
- Seng, Kimty, 2019. "The Poverty-Reducing Effects of Financial Inclusion: Evidence from Cambodia," MPRA Paper 95726, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Aug 2019.
- Lan Khanh Chu, 2019. "Determinants of financial inclusions: comparing high, middle, and low-income countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(2), pages 1449-1457.
- Weidong Chen & Xiaohui Yuan, 2021. "Financial inclusion in China: an overview," Frontiers of Business Research in China, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Yan, Yu & Qi, Shusen, 2021. "Childhood matters: Family education and financial inclusion," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Abdoulganiour Almame Tinta & Idrissa Mohamed Ouédraogo & Ramatu Mahama Al‐Hassan, 2022. "The micro determinants of financial inclusion and financial resilience in Africa," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 34(2), pages 293-306, June.
- Wang, Xiuhua & Wang, Yipeng & Zhao, Yaxiong, 2022. "Financial permeation and rural poverty reduction Nexus: Further insights from counties in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Morgan, Peter J. & Long, Trinh Quang, 2020. "Financial literacy, financial inclusion, and savings behavior in Laos," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Isaac Koomson & Renato A. Villano & David Hadley, 2020. "Effect of Financial Inclusion on Poverty and Vulnerability to Poverty: Evidence Using a Multidimensional Measure of Financial Inclusion," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 149(2), pages 613-639, June.
- Francisco Jesús Gálvez-Sánchez & Juan Lara-Rubio & Antonio José Verdú-Jóver & Víctor Meseguer-Sánchez, 2021. "Research Advances on Financial Inclusion: A Bibliometric Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(6), pages 1-19, March.
- Mahamat Ibrahim AHMAT-TIDJANI & Brou Emmanuel AKA, 2022. "Financial inclusion in sub-Saharan Africa: Benchmarking against peer developing countries," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(4(633), W), pages 117-132, Winter.
- Margaret R. Magwedere & Joseph Chisasa & Godfrey Marozva, 2022. "Examining the Causal Relationship between Financial Intermediation and Poverty in Selected Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 12(1), pages 75-84.
- Zhong, Weiqiang & Jiang, Tingfeng, 2021. "Can internet finance alleviate the exclusiveness of traditional finance? evidence from Chinese P2P lending markets," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(C).
- Marcelin, Isaac & Egbendewe, Aklesso Y.G. & Oloufade, Djoulassi K. & Sun, Wei, 2022. "Financial inclusion, bank ownership, and economy performance: Evidence from developing countries," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(PA).
- Ahamed, M. Mostak & Mallick, Sushanta K., 2019. "Is financial inclusion good for bank stability? International evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 403-427.
More about this item
KeywordsDeterminants and Barriers to financial inclusion; Developing country; Multinomial logit model.;
All these keywords.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2019-06-10 (Development)
- NEP-FLE-2019-06-10 (Financial Literacy & Education)
- NEP-MFD-2019-06-10 (Microfinance)
- NEP-PAY-2019-06-10 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-SEA-2019-06-10 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:94000. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.