Measuring Financial Inclusion : An Axiomatic Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Rupayan Pal, 2010. "Measuring financial inclusion: An Axiomatic approach," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2010-03, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Honohan, 2004. "Financial development, growth, and poverty: how close are the links?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3203, The World Bank.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Kakwani, N., 1993. "Performance in living standards : An international comparison," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 307-336, August.
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram, 2004.
"Business environment and firm entry : Evidence from international data,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3232, The World Bank.
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram G, 2004. "Business Environment and Firm Entry: Evidence from International Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 4366, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leora Klapper & Luc Laeven & Raghuram Rajan, 2004. "Business Environment and Firm Entry: Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 10380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Satya R. Chakravarty, 2003. "A Generalized Human Development Index," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 99-114, February.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, A. & Beck, T.H.L. & Honohan, P., 2008. "Finance for all? : Policies and pitfalls in expanding access," Other publications TiSEM aec73d3a-d6eb-457f-9182-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2007.
"Reaching out: Access to and use of banking services across countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 234-266, July.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2005. "Reaching out : access to and use of banking services across countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3754, The World Bank.
- Majumder, Amita & Chakravarty, Satya R., 1996. "Achievement and improvement in living standards," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 189-195, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noelia Camara & David Tuesta, 2014. "Measuring Financial Inclusion: A Multidimensional Index," Working Papers 1426, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Akin, Tarik & Iqbal, Zamir & Mirakhor, Abbas, 2016. "The composite risk-sharing finance index: Implications for Islamic finance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 18-25.
- Zarina Abd Rahman, 2015. "Financial inclusion in Malaysia: tracking progress using index," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the Workshop on "Financial Inclusion Indicators", co-hosted by the Bank Negara Malaysia, Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur, 5-6 November 2012, volume 38 Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:ine:journl:v:44:y:2017:i:53:p:121-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goran Amidžić & Alexander Massara & André Mialou, 2014. "Assessing Countries’ Financial Inclusion Standing - A New Composite Index," IMF Working Papers 14/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Keshav Sood & Shrabani Mukherjee, 2016. "Triggers and Barriers for ‘Exclusion’ To ‘Inclusion’ in the Financial Sector: A Country-Wise Scrutiny," Working Papers 2016-154, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Recep YORULMAZ, 2013. "Construction of a Regional Financial Inclusion Index in Turkey," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 7(1), pages 79-101.
- Irving Fisher Committee, 2015. "Proceedings of the Workshop on "Financial Inclusion Indicators", co-hosted by the Bank Negara Malaysia, Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur, 5-6 November 2012," IFC Bulletins, Bank for International Settlements, number 38.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial inclusion; axioms; index; policy; application;
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:microe:22776. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.