Citations for "Making Sense of the Competitiveness Debate"
by Krugman, Paul R
- Colin Wren, 2001. "The industrial policy of competitiveness: A review of recent developments in the UK," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 847-860.
- Prof. Carmen Corduneanu Ph. D & Lect. Rodica Gabriela Blidisel Ph. D, 2010. "The Impact Of Cohesion Policy And Of Member States Effort On Competitiveness," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2(38), pages 12, May.
- Kao, Chiang & Wu, Wann-Yih & Hsieh, Wen-Jen & Wang, Tai-Yue & Lin, Chinho & Chen, Liang-Hsuan, 2008. "Measuring the national competitiveness of Southeast Asian countries," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(2), pages 613-628, June.
- Mody, Ashoka, 1999. "Industrial policy after the East Asian crisis - from"outward orientation"to new internal capabilities?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2112, The World Bank.
- Farole, Thomas & Reis, Jose Guilherme & Wagle, Swarnim, 2010. "Analyzing trade competitiveness : a diagnostics approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5329, The World Bank.
- Darius Tirtosuharto, 2010. "The Impact Of Fiscal Decentralization And State Allocative Efficiency On Regional Growth In Indonesia," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 287-307.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2011. "How high is the ability of tourism to reverse the course of depressed regions? An appraisal based on the recovery of the Portuguese Douro Valley," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1148, European Regional Science Association.
- Melchor Fernandez & Yolanda Pena-Boquete, 2011. "Macroeconomic consequences of gender discrimination: a preliminary approach (refereed paper)," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1066, European Regional Science Association.
- Rivers, Nic, 2010. "Impacts of climate policy on the competitiveness of Canadian industry: How big and how to mitigate?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1092-1104, September.
- Janno Reiljan & Maria Hinrikus & Anneli Ivanov, 2000. "Key Issues In Defining And Analysing The Competitiveness Of A Country," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 1, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- TomiǬ Danilo & Njegovan, Zoran, 2013. "Agriculture Of The Western Balkan Countries In Globalisation And Liberalisation Processes," Monographs, Serbian Association of Agricultural Economists, number 157565, December.
- Yap, Josef T., 2004. "A Note on the Competitiveness Debate," Discussion Papers DP 2004-39, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2010.
"Competitiveness, Clusters and Policy at the Regional Level: Rhetoric vs. Practice in Designing Policy for Depressed Regions,"
FEP Working Papers
386, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2013. "Competitiveness, Clusters And Policy At The Regional Level: Rhetoric Vs. Practice In Designing Policy For Depressed Regions," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 101-116, June.
- Schmidt, Erich, 2005. "Der Kommissionsvorschlag zur Reform der EU-Zuckermarktordnung: â€žSchnellschussâ€œ und â€žÃ¼berzogene Reformâ€œ oder sorgfÃ¤ltig erarbeitetes Konzept fÃ¼r den Einstieg in ein schrittweises â€žEnde des," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 54(3).
- Jaime Sobrino, 2014. "Urban competitiveness and industrial clusters in Mexico," Chapters, in: Urban Competitiveness and Innovation, chapter 15, pages 252-274 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roberto Camagni & Roberta Capello, 2011. "Spatial Effects of Economic Integration: A Conceptualisation from Regional Growth and Location Theories," Chapters, in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume II, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Manuel Portugal Ferreira & Fernando A. Ribeiro Serra & Carlos Duarte & TÃ¢nia Marques, 2010. "Competitividade Nacional, Conhecimento e Investimento estrangeiro," Working Papers 62, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Otaviano Canuto & Jose Guilherme Reis & Matheus Cavallari, 2013.
"The Brazilian Competitiveness Cliff,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
17038, The World Bank.
- Anna Golejewska & Damian Gajda, 2012. "Analiza potencja³u konkurencyjnego polskich regionów," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 1205, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
- Sanjaya Lall, . "Comparing National Competitive Performance: An Economic Analysis of World Economic Forum's Competitiveness Index," QEH Working Papers qehwps61, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Fritz Breuss, 2005. "Die Zukunft der Lissabon-Strategie," WIFO Working Papers 244, WIFO.
- Roberto Antonietti & Gilda Soggia, 2015. "Manifattura e nuova imprenditorialità in veneto," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 102-124.
- Singh, Ajit, 2013. "Competition, Competition Policy, Competitiveness, Globalisation and Development," MPRA Paper 53027, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Jan 2014.
- Eduard MARINOV, 2016. "Bulgarian and Romanian regions competitiveness: a synthetic overview," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 42(1(51)), pages 12-33, june.
- Marinov, Eduard, 2014.
"Конкурентоспособност На Черноморските Региони На Ес
[Competitiveness of EU Black Sea Regions]," MPRA Paper 65111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Mayerhofer, 2005. "Structural Preconditions of City Competitiveness. Some Empirical Results for European Cities," WIFO Working Papers 260, WIFO.
- Gaulier, Guillaume & Santoni, Gianluca & Taglioni, Daria & Zignago, Soledad, 2013.
"In the wake of the global crisis : evidence from a new quarterly database of export competitiveness,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6733, The World Bank.
- Gaulier, G. & Santoni, G. & Taglioni, D. & Zignago, S., 2013. "Market Shares in the Wake of the Global Crisis: the Quarterly Export Competitiveness Database," Working papers 472, Banque de France.
- Lindič, Jaka & Bavdaž, Mojca & Kovačič, Helena, 2012. "Higher growth through the Blue Ocean Strategy: Implications for economic policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 928-938.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 2001. "Competitiveness Indices and Developing Countries: An Economic Evaluation of the Global Competitiveness Report," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1501-1525, September.
- Canuto, Otaviano & Cavallari, Matheus & Reis, Jose Guilherme, 2013. "Brazilian exports : climbing down a competitiveness cliff," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6302, The World Bank.
- Stefano Mollica & Giovanna Hirsch, 2012. "Urban competitiveness in Italy: a benchmarking and benchlearning approach to support local government decisions," Chapters, in: European Cities and Global Competitiveness, chapter 4, pages 59-76 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Salmon, Keith, 2008. "New Directions in European Regional Policy and their Implications for Spain," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 12, pages 147-177.
- Roberto Camagni & Roberta Capello, 2011. "Macroeconomic and Territorial Policies for Regional Competitiveness: Theory and Empirical Evidence from the EU," Chapters, in: Endogenous Regional Development, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dominique Peters, 2010. "Price Competitiveness in Central and Eastern Europe - a case study for transition economies," IMK Studies 01-2010, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2012. "Les indices composites sont-ils de bonnes mesures de la compétitivité des pays ?," Larefi Working Papers 1205, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Sung Li & Long Zhao, 2015. "The competitiveness and development strategies of provinces in China: a data envelopment analysis approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 293-307, December.
- Vlastimir Leković, 2013. "Importance Of Institutions In Terms Of Competitiveness Improvement And Economic Success," Serbian Association of Economists Journal, SAE - Serbian Association of Economists, issue 5-6, pages 386-400, August.
- Wilhelm Kohler, 2006. "The “Lisbon Goal” of the EU: Rhetoric or Substance?," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 85-113, June.
- Pengfei Ni, 2012. "Italian cities and global urban competitiveness," Chapters, in: European Cities and Global Competitiveness, chapter 3, pages 32-58 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Karl Aiginger & Susanne Bärenthaler-Sieber & Johanna Vogel, 2015. "Competitiveness of EU vs. US," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 29, WWWforEurope.
- KAPITSINIS, Nikolaos & METAXAS, Theodore & DUQUENNE, Marie Noelle, 2013. "Exploring The Coherence And The Meaning Of Territorial Competition: Do National States Behave In The Same Way As Firms In Case Of Default?. The Cases Of Greece And Dubai," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 57-72.
- AfDB AfDB, . "Africa Competitiveness Report 2009," Africa Competitiveness Report, African Development Bank, number 11 edited by Adeleke Oluwole Salami, 12.
- Silvia Simon, 2007. "Internationale Wettbewerbsfähigkeit des Fürstentums Liechtenstein - Ability to Sell," Arbeitspapiere 12, Liechtenstein-Institut.
- Marinov, Eduard, 2014.
"Конкурентоспособност На Българските Региони - Мястото На България В Ес
[Competitiveness of Bulgarian Regions - Bulgaria's place in the EU]," MPRA Paper 68272, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ben Gardiner & Ron Martin & Tyler Peter, 2004. "Competitiveness, Productivity and Economic Growth across the European Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa04p333, European Regional Science Association.
- Mónica Eliana FLÓREZ BUSTAMANTE, 2016. "Índices de Competitividad para las Principales Ciudades en Colombia," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 015058, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Nikolaos Kapitsinis & Theodore Metaxas, 2012. "Territorial Competition: Theories, arguments, policies and lessons of the last 25 years," ERSA conference papers ersa12p947, European Regional Science Association.
- Pérez-Moreno, Salvador & Rodríguez, Beatriz & Luque, Mariano, 2016. "Assessing global competitiveness under multi-criteria perspective," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 398-408.
- Hélène Erkel-Rousse & Françoise Le Gallo, 2002. "Compétitivités prix et qualité dans le commerce international : une analyse empirique des échanges de 12 pays de l’OCDE," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 152(1), pages 93-113.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004.
"Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters,"
72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005. "Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Rainer Bartel, 2000.
"Quo vadimus. Grundgedanken zum Verhältnis von Wirtschaft, Gesellschaft und Staat,"
Economics working papers
2000-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Rainer Bartel, 2000. "Quo vadimus Grundgedanken zum Verhältnis von Wirtschaft, Gesellschaft und Staat," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 26(3), pages 329-341.
- Essletzbichler Jürgen, 2012. "Generalized Darwinism, group selection and evolutionary economic geography," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 56(1-2), pages 129-146, October.
- Mihaela Brîndusa Tudose & Constantin Strapuc, 2015. "The Impact Of Tax System On Global Competitiveness. Analysis On The Level Of European Union Member States," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 21.
- Eckhard Siggel, 2006. "International Competitiveness and Comparative Advantage: A Survey and a Proposal for Measurement," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 137-159, June.
- Gligor Delia Anca Gabriela, 2015. "The Effect Of Structural Funds On Regional Competitiveness In The New Eu Countries: The Case Of Romania And Bulgaria," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 225-235, January.
- Kevin Chen & Lian Xu & Yufeng Duan, 2000. "Ex-Post competitiveness of China's export in agri-food products: 1980-96," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 281-294.
- Roberta Rabellotti & Anna Carabelli & Giovanna Hirsch, 2007. "Italian SMEs and industrial districts on the move: Where are they going?," Working Papers 115, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Alberto Felettigh & Giacomo Oddo, 2016. "Market shares in manufacturing value-added: is the picture different?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 336, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Richard Hu, 2015. "Sustainability and Competitiveness in Australian Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1840, February.
- Pengfei Ni & Zheng Qiongjie (ed.), 2014. "Urban Competitiveness and Innovation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15020, June.
- Lorenz Blume, 2006. "Local economic policies as determinants of the local business climate: Empirical results from a cross-section analysis among East German municipalities," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 321-333.
- Yolanda Pena-Boquete & Melchor Fernandez, 2011. "Could gender wage discrimination explain regional differences in productivity?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1272, European Regional Science Association.
- Yap, Josef T., 2006. "A Note on the Competitiveness Debate," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2004 Vol. XXXI No. 1-, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Karl Aiginger & Susanne Bärenthaler-Sieber & Johanna Vogel, 2013. "Competitiveness under New Perspectives," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 44, WWWforEurope.
- Mila Freire & Mario Polèse & Pamela Echeverria, 2003. "Connecting Cities with Macroeconomic Concerns : The Missing Link," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15058, April.
- Raphaël Chiappini, 2012. "Les indices composites sont-ils de bonnes mesures de la compétitivité des pays ?," Working Papers hal-00745413, HAL.
- Maximilian Benner, 2011. "How export-led growth can lead to take-off," Working Paper Series in Economics 222, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Delia Anca Gabriela Gligor & Marius Ioan Pantea, 2015. "Regional Competitiveness And The Impact Of Eu Structural Funds: The Case Of Romania," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(43), pages 58-67.
- Cyrielle Gaglio, 2015. "Measuring Country Competitiveness: A Survey of Exporting-based Indexes," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-42, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Mihaela Brindusa Tudose & Valentina Diana Rusu, 2015. "Global Competitiveness Of The European Union Member States: Evolution And Perspectives," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 22.
- Michael Peneder, 2016. "Competitiveness and Industrial Policy: From Rationalities of Failure Towards the Ability to Evolve," WIFO Working Papers 505, WIFO.
- Fischer, Christoph, 2007. "An assessment of the trends in international price competitiveness among EMU countries," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2007,08, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Mulatu, Abay, 2016. "On the concept of 'competitiveness' and its usefulness for policy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 50-62.
- Hitchens, David M. W. N., 1999. "The implications for competitiveness of environmental regulations for peripheral regions in the E.U," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 101-114, February.