Important factors in a nations international competitiveness ranking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mashabela, Juliet & Raputsoane, Leroi, 2018. "The behaviour of disaggregated transitory and potential output over the economic cycle," MPRA Paper 84422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mise, Emi & Kim, Tae-Hwan & Newbold, Paul, 2005. "On suboptimality of the Hodrick-Prescott filter at time series endpoints," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 53-67, March.
- James D. Hamilton, 2017. "Why You Should Never Use the Hodrick-Prescott Filter," NBER Working Papers 23429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Önsel, Sule & Ülengin, Füsun & Ulusoy, Gündüz & Aktas, Emel & Kabak, Özgür & Topcu, Y. Ilker, 2008. "A new perspective on the competitiveness of nations," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 221-246, December.
- C. Freeman, 2004. "Technological infrastructure and international competitiveness," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 541-569, June.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "Market Structure and Macroeconomic Fluctuations," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 17(2), pages 285-338.
- Kevin L. Kliesen, 1995. "The fixation on international competitiveness," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 4-9.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetitiveness factors; International competitiveness ranking;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2018-05-21 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2018-05-21 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-MAC-2018-05-21 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRE-2018-05-21 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:86477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.