A new perspective on the competitiveness of nations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oral, Muhittin & Cinar, Unver & Chabchoub, Habib, 1999. "Linking industrial competitiveness and productivity at the firm level," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 271-277, October.
- Hruschka, Harald, 1993. "Determining market response functions by neural network modeling: A comparison to econometric techniques," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 27-35, April.
- Oral, Muhittin & Kettani, Ossama & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Daouas, Mohamed, 1992. "An estimation model for country risk rating," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 583-593, December.
- Oral, Muhittin & Chabchoub, Habib, 1996. "On the methodology of the World Competitiveness Report," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 514-535, May.
- Oral, Muhittin & Chabchoub, Habib, 1997. "An estimation model for replicating the rankings of the world competitiveness report," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 527-537, December.
- Swanson, Norman R. & White, Halbert, 1997. "Forecasting economic time series using flexible versus fixed specification and linear versus nonlinear econometric models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 439-461, December.
- Zanakis, Stelios H. & Becerra-Fernandez, Irma, 2005. "Competitiveness of nations: A knowledge discovery examination," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 166(1), pages 185-211, October.
- Nour, Mohamed A. & Madey, Gregory R., 1996. "Heuristic and optimization approaches to extending the Kohonen self organizing algorithm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 428-448, September.
- Oral, Muhittin, 1993. "A methodology for competitiveness analysis and strategy formulation in glass industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 9-22, July.
- Hwarng, H. Brian & Ang, H. T., 2001. "A simple neural network for ARMA(p,q) time series," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 319-333, August.
- Glenn Milligan, 1980. "An examination of the effect of six types of error perturbation on fifteen clustering algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 325-342, September.
- Ulengin, Fusun & Ulengin, Burc & Onsel, Sule, 2002. "A power-based measurement approach to specify macroeconomic competitiveness of countries," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 203-226, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanicjusz Nazarko & Marta Komuda & Elzbieta Szubzda, 2008. "The DEA method in public sector institutions efficiency analysis on the basis of higher education institutions," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 4, pages 89-105.
- Alathur, Sreejith & Vigneswara Ilavarasan, P. & Gupta, M.P., 2016. "Determinants of e-participation in the citizens and the government initiatives: Insights from India," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 25-35.
- Olivera Kostoska & Ilija Hristoski, 2017. "ICTs and innovation for competitiveness: Evidence for Western Balkans vis-à-vis the European Union," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 487-518.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Onyeji, Ijeoma, 2012. "Fossil fuel subsidy removal and inadequate public power supply: Implications for businesses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-5.
- Mashabela, Juliet & Raputsoane, Leroi, 2018. "Important factors in a nations international competitiveness ranking," MPRA Paper 86477, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Konara, Palitha, 2020. "The role of language connectedness in reducing home bias in trade, investment, information, and people flows," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Salas-Velasco, Manuel, 2018. "Production efficiency measurement and its determinants across OECD countries: The role of business sophistication and innovation," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 60-73.
- Irina-Elena Gentimir, 2013. "The Role Of The Private Sector In Developing And Supporting International Competitiveness," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 5(2), pages 205-215.
- Natalia Mańkowska, 2016. "Metody pomiaru e-administracji w kontekście konkurencyjności międzynarodowej / Methods of measurement e-government in the context of international competitiveness," International Economics, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, issue 14, pages 158-168, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRanking Competitiveness Artificial neural network Cluster analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:42:y:2008:i:4:p:221-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.