Promises, Promises: Credible Policy Reform via Signaling
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Mash, 1999. "The Investment Response to Imperfectly Credible Trade Liberalisation with Endogenous Probability of Reversal," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1998-13, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mariano Tommasi, 1995.
"Economic Reforms and Political Constraints on the Time Inconsistency of Gradual Sequencing,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
736, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Martinelli, César & Tommasi, Mariano, 1995. "Economic reforms and political constraints: on the time inconsistency of gradual sequencing," UC3M Working papers. Economics 3916, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Sobel, Andrew C., 2002. "State institutions, risk, and lending in global capital markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 725-752, December.
- Asilis, Carlos & Richardson, Carlos, 1994. "Infant industry policy and information revelation," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 9(2), pages 209-236.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1999. "Optimal trade liberalization and the welfare costs of imperfect credibility," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 371-398, April.
- Axel Dreher, 2009. "IMF conditionality: theory and evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 233-267, October.
- Yermakov, Yuri Y., 1997. "Credibility of economic reform and foreign direct investment in the former Soviet Union region," ISU General Staff Papers 1997010108000012835, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jean Paul Azam & Robert Bates & Bruno Biais, 2009.
"Political Predation And Economic Development,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 255-277, July.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Bates, Robert H & Biais, Bruno, 2005. "Political Predation and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 5062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Biais & Jean-Paul Azam & Robert Bates, 2009. "Political Predation and Economic Development," Post-Print halshs-00491118, HAL.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Bates, Robert H. & Biais, Bruno, 2009. "Political Predation and Economic Development," IDEI Working Papers 342, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Bates, Robert H. & Biais, Bruno, 2009. "Political Predation and Economic Development," TSE Working Papers 09-025, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Ganimian, Alejandro J., 2016.
"Why do some school-based management reforms survive while others are reversed? The cases of Honduras and Guatemala,"
International Journal of Educational Development,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 33-46.
- Ganimian, A. J., "undated". "Why do some school-based management reforms survive while others are reversed? The cases of Honduras and Guatemala," Working Paper 359556, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David, 2012. "Trade Liberalization, Economic Crises, and Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2177-2193.
- Cesar Martinelli & Mariano Tommasi, 1993. "Sequencing of Economic Reforms in the Presence of Political Constraints," UCLA Economics Working Papers 701, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Steven B. Kamin, 1991. "Exchange rate rules in support of disinflation programs in developing countries," International Finance Discussion Papers 402, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dalibor Eterovic, 2009. "Policy Reform Under Electoral Uncertainty," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 546, Central Bank of Chile.
- Ibarra, Luis Alberto, 1995. "Credibility of trade policy reform and investment: the Mexican experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 39-60, June.
- Cowen, Tyler & Glazer, Amihai & Zajc, Katarina, 2000. "Credibility may require discretion, not rules," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 295-306, May.
- Matin, Kazi M., 1992. "Fiscal adjustment and the real exchange rate : the case of Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 850, The World Bank.
- Ammer, John & Freeman, Richard T., 1995. "Inflation targeting in the 1990s: The experiences of New Zealand, Canada, and the United Kingdom," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 165-192, May.
- Pastor, Manuel Jr. & Conroy, Michael E., 1995. "Distributional implications of macroeconomic policy: Theory and applications to El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2117-2131, December.
- McBride, Michael, 2005. "Crises, reforms, and regime persistence in sub-Saharan Africa," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 688-707, September.
- Campos, Jose Edgardo & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2000. "Credible Commitment and Success with Public Enterprise Reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-243, February.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1992. "Trade reforms, credibility, and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 163-187, July.
- Neil Foster, 2008. "The Impact of Trade Liberalisation on Economic Growth: Evidence from a Quantile Regression Analysis," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 543-567, November.
- Persson, Torsten & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1993.
"Signalling, Wage Controls and Monetary Disinflation Policy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 79-97, January.
- Torsten Persson & Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1989. "Signalling, Wage Controls and Monetary Disinflation Policy," NBER Working Papers 2939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Afontsev Serguey, 2002. "Endogenous Tariff Protection and the Level of Trade Distortions in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 01-07e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manger, Mark, 2008. "International Investment Agreements and Services Markets: Locking in Market Failure?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2456-2469, November.
- Paunovic, Igor, 2000. "Growth and reforms in Latin America and the Caribbean in the 1990s," Series Históricas 70, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- WILLIAM C. Gruben, 1992. "North American Free Trade: Opportunities And Pitfalls," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 10(4), pages 1-10, October.
- Sebastian Edwards & Daniel Lederman, 1998. "The Political Economy of Unilateral Trade Liberalization: The Case of Chile," NBER Working Papers 6510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sobel, Andrew C., 2003. "National governance and global lending," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 287-304.
- Ball, Richard & Rausser, Gordon, 1995.
"Governance structures and the durability of economic reforms: Evidence from inflation stabilizations,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 897-912, June.
- Ball, Richard & Rausser, Gordon C., 1993. "Governance structures and the durability of economic reforms; evidence from inflation stabilizations," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7qt9r513, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Karp, Larry & Paul, Thierry, 1998. "Labor adjustment and gradual reform: when is commitment important?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 333-362, December.
- Dalibor S. Eterovic, 2011. "Institutional Bias towards the Status Quo," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 167(3), pages 489-514, September.
- Patrick M. Emerson & Shawn D. Knabb, 2007. "Fiscal Policy, Expectation Traps, And Child Labor," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(3), pages 453-469, July.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1995. "Trade liberalization, credibility and self-fulfilling failures," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 51-73, February.
- Gürbüz Beşek, Yeşim, 2011. "Crédibilité en matière de ciblage d'inflation," GIAM Working Papers 11-1, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center, revised 08 Feb 2011.
- Sinha, Uday Bhanu, 2001. "Imitative innovation and international joint ventures: a dynamic analysis," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1527-1562, December.
- McCourt, Willy, 2003. "Political Commitment to Reform: Civil Service Reform in Swaziland," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1015-1031, June.
- Temple, Jonathan R.W., 2010. "Aid and Conditionality," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Calderón-Madrid, Angel & Voicu, Alexandru, 2004. "Total Factor Productivity Growth and Job Turnover in Mexican Manufacturing Plants in the 1990s," IZA Discussion Papers 993, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bernardes, Luis G., 2003. "Reference-dependent preferences and the speed of economic liberalization," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 521-548, November.
- Conley, John P. & Maloney, William F., 1995. "Optimal sequencing of credible reforms with uncertain outcomes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 151-166, October.
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 1996. "The timing of stabilizations," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 257-279.
- Dani Rodrik, 1993. "Trade and Industrial Policy Reform in Developing Countries: A Review of Recent Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Tatum, 2005.
"Sustaining imperfectly credible trade liberalization: Do the rate of tariff reduction and the degree of labour mobility matter?,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 407-435.
- Robert C. Tatum, 2005. "Sustaining Imperfectly Credible Trade Liberalization: Do the Rate of Tariff Reduction and the Degree of Labor Mobility Matter?," International Finance 0506007, EconWPA.
- Marcos A. Buscaglia, 2003. "The Political-Economy of Argentina???s Debacle," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-594, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Dani Rodrik, 1992. "The Rush to Free Trade in the Developing World: Why So Late? Why Now? Will it Last?," NBER Working Papers 3947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Marcincin & S. van Wijnbergen, 1997. "The Impact of Czech Privatisation Methods on Enterprise Performance Incorporating Initial Selection Bias Correction," CERT Discussion Papers 9704, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Silvia Marchesi, 2006.
"Buybacks of domestic debt in public debt management,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 379-400.
- Marchesi, S., 2000. "Buybacks of Domestic Debt in Public Debt Management," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 573, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Keshab BHATTARAI, "undated". "Bargaining, Coalitions, Signalling and Repeated Games for Economic Development and Poverty Alleviation," EcoMod2008 23800012, EcoMod.
- Kabiraj, Tarun & Yang, Chun-Lei, 2001. "Licensing vs. Innovation incentives under uncertain government policies," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 247-261, July.
- Nordal, Kjell Bjorn, 2002. "Investing without credible inter-period regulations: a bargaining approach with application to investments in natural resources," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 167-182, May.
- Bag, Parimal Kanti & Roy Chowdhury, Prabal, 2016. "Gradualism in aid and reforms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 108-123.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mukherjee, Arijit & Kabiraj, Tarun, 2004. "Future technology, incomplete information and international joint venture," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 219-234, September.
- Cesar Martinelli, 2001. "Essays on Political Economy of Political Reform," Levine's Working Paper Archive 625018000000000135, David K. Levine.
- Hagen, Rune Jansen, 2014. "Rents and the Political Economy of Development Aid," Working Papers in Economics 07/14, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.