Trade liberalization, credibility and self-fulfilling failures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engel, Charles & Kletzer, Kenneth M., 1991. "Trade policy under endogenous credibility," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 213-228, October.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1992. "Trade reforms, credibility, and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 163-187, July.
- Blundell, Richard, 1988. "Consumer Behaviour: Theory and Empirical Evidence--a Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(389), pages 16-65, March.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1987. "On the costs of temporary policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 245-261, October.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 1982. "The order of economic liberalization: Lessons from Chile and Argentina," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 159-186, January.
- Dani Rodrik, 1989. "Credibility of Trade Reform — a Policy Maker's Guide," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, March.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1978. "Liberalization Attempts and Consequences," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number krue78-1, January.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1990. "How should structural adjustment programs be designed?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 933-947, July.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1989.
"Promises, Promises: Credible Policy Reform via Signalling,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 756-772, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 1988. "Promises, Promises: Credible Policy Reform via Signaling," NBER Working Papers 2600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Falvey, Rod & Kim, Cha Dong, 1992. "Timing and Sequencing Issues in Trade Liberalisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 908-924, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Mash, 1999. "The Investment Response to Imperfectly Credible Trade Liberalisation with Endogenous Probability of Reversal," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1998-13, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sinha, Uday Bhanu, 2001. "Imitative innovation and international joint ventures: a dynamic analysis," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1527-1562, December.
- Mehlum, Halvor, 2001. "Capital accumulation, unemployment, and self-fulfilling failure of economic reform," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 291-306, August.
- Robert Tatum, 2005.
"Sustaining imperfectly credible trade liberalization: Do the rate of tariff reduction and the degree of labour mobility matter?,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 407-435.
- Robert C. Tatum, 2005. "Sustaining Imperfectly Credible Trade Liberalization: Do the Rate of Tariff Reduction and the Degree of Labor Mobility Matter?," International Finance 0506007, EconWPA.
- Kabiraj, Tarun & Yang, Chun-Lei, 2001. "Licensing vs. Innovation incentives under uncertain government policies," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 247-261, July.
- Mehlum, Halvor, 2001. "Speed of adjustment and self-fulfilling failure of economic reform," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 149-167, February.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mukherjee, Arijit & Kabiraj, Tarun, 2004. "Future technology, incomplete information and international joint venture," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 219-234, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:38:y:1995:i:1-2:p:51-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .