The Political Economy of Unilateral Trade Liberalization: The Case of Chile
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hillman, Arye L, 1982. "Declining Industries and Political-Support Protectionist Motives," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1180-1187, December.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1997. "Trade Liberalization Reforms and the World Bank," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 43-48, May.
- Aaron Tornell, 1995. "Are Economic Crises Necessary for Trade Liberalization and Fiscal Reform? The Mexican Experience," NBER Chapters, in: Reform, Recovery, and Growth: Latin America and the Middle East, pages 53-76, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastián Edwards & Alejandra Cox de Edwards, 1996. "Trade Liberalization and Unemployment: Policy Issues and Evidence from Chile," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 33(99), pages 227-250.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 1982. "The order of economic liberalization: Lessons from Chile and Argentina," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 159-186, January.
- Dani Rodrik, 1992. "The Rush to Free Trade in the Developing World: Why So Late? Why Now? Will it Last?," NBER Working Papers 3947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. Martinelli & M. Tommasi, 1997.
"Sequencing of Economic Reforms in the Presence of Political Constraints,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 115-131, July.
- Cesar Martinelli & Mariano Tommasi, 1993. "Sequencing of Economic Reforms in the Presence of Political Constraints," UCLA Economics Working Papers 701, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Drazen, Allan & Grilli, Vittorio, 1993. "The Benefit of Crises for Economic Reforms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 598-607, June.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Edwards, Sebastian, 1990. "Macroeconomic populism," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 247-277, April.
- Corbo, Vittorio, 1997. "Trade Reform and Uniform Import Tariffs: The Chilean Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 73-77, May.
- Bruno, Michael & Easterly, William, 1996.
"Inflation's Children: Tales of Crises That Beget Reforms,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 213-217, May.
- Michael Bruno & William Easterly, 1996. "Inflation's Children: Tales of Crises that Beget Reforms," NBER Working Papers 5452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1989.
"Promises, Promises: Credible Policy Reform via Signalling,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 756-772, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 1988. "Promises, Promises: Credible Policy Reform via Signaling," NBER Working Papers 2600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Williamson, 1994. "The Political Economy of Policy Reform," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 68, July.
- Cassing, James H & Hillman, Arye L, 1986. "Shifting Comparative Advantage and Senescent Industry Collapse," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 516-523, June.
- Jere H. Behrman, 1976. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Chile," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number behr76-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geir Asheim & Carl Claussen & Tore Nilssen, 2006. "Majority voting leads to unanimity," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 35(1), pages 91-110, December.
- Naoko Shinkai, 2000. "Does the Stopler-Samuelson Theorem Explain the Movement in Wages? The Linkage Between Trade and Wages in Latin American Countries," Research Department Publications 4237, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- José I. Cuesta & Francisco A. Gallego & Felipe A. González, 2015. "Local Impacts of Trade Liberalization: Evidence from the Chilean Agricultural Sector," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Ricardo J. Caballero & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (ed.),Economic Policies in Emerging-Market Economies Festschrift in Honor of Vittorio Corbo, edition 1, volume 21, chapter 14, pages 351-378, Central Bank of Chile.
- Afontsev Serguey, 2004. "Political economy of tariff unification: the case of Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 04-12e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Philippe Legrain, 2006. "Why NAMA Liberalisation is Good for Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(10), pages 1349-1362, October.
- Pierre-Louis Vézina, 2014. "Race-to-the-bottom Tariff Cutting," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 444-458, August.
- Michael E. Waugh, 2010. "International Trade and Income Differences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2093-2124, December.
- José De Gregorio, 1999.
"Exchange Rate Policy in Chile since 1960: Political Economy and the Choice of Regime,"
Research Department Publications
3076, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- José De Gregorio, 1999. "Exchange Rate Policy in Chile since 1960: Political Economy and The Choice of Regime," Documentos de Trabajo 68, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Muhamad Chatib Basri, 2017. "Reform in an imperfect world: the case of Indonesia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 31(2), pages 3-18, November.
- Naoko Shinkai, 2000. "¿Explica el teorema Stopler-Samuelson el desplazamiento de los salarios? El vínculo entre el comercio internacional y los salarios en países latinoamericanos," Research Department Publications 4238, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- José Ignacio Cuesta & Francisco Gallego & Felipe A. González, 2013. "Local Impacts of Economic Liberalization: Evidence from the Chilean Agricultural Sector," Working Papers ClioLab 17, EH Clio Lab. Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Geleilate, José-Mauricio G. & Magnusson, Peter & Parente, Ronaldo C. & Alvarado-Vargas, Marcelo J., 2016. "Home Country Institutional Effects on the Multinationality–Performance Relationship: A Comparison Between Emerging and Developed Market Multinationals," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 380-402.
- Veldkamp, Laura, 2009. "Learning about reform: Time-varying support for structural adjustment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 192-206, March.
- Esteban Puentes & Dante Contreras & Claudia Sanhueza, 2007. "Self-Employment in Chile, long run trends and education and age structures changes," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(2 Year 20), pages 203-247, December.
- Sebastian Edwards & Alejandra Cox Edwards, 2000. "Economic Reforms and Labor Markets: Policy Issues and Lessons from Chile," NBER Working Papers 7646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanjay Jain & Sharun W. Mukand, 2003. "Redistributive Promises and the Adoption of Economic Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 256-264, March.
- Antonio N. Bojanic, 2012. "The impact of financial development and trade on the economic growth of Bolivia," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 15, pages 51-70, May.
- Edwards, Lawrence & Lawrence, Robert, 2008.
"SACU tariff policies: Where should they go from here?,"
32865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lawrence Edwards & Robert Lawrence, 2008. "SACU Tariff Policies: Where Should They Go From Here?," CID Working Papers 169, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Acharya, Sanjaya, 2011. "Making unilateral trade liberalisation beneficial to the poor," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 60-71, June.
More about this item
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.