The Maximum Entropy Distribution of an Asset Inferred from Option Prices
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Renato Haas Ornelas, 2014. "Assessing the Forecast Ability of Risk-Neutral Densities and Real-World Densities from Emerging Markets Currencies," Working Papers Series 370, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Malhotra, Gifty & Srivastava, R. & Taneja, H.C., 2019. "Calibration of the risk-neutral density function by maximization of a two-parameter entropy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 513(C), pages 45-54.
- Dupont, Dominique Y., 2001. "Extracting Risk-Neutral Probability Distributions from Option Prices Using Trading Volume as a Filter," Economics Series 104, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Bogdan Negrea & Bertrand Maillet & Emmanuel Jurczenko, 2002. "Revisited Multi-moment Approximate Option," FMG Discussion Papers dp430, Financial Markets Group.
- Ramaprasad Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 2000. "Expectations of monetary policy in Australia implied by the probability distribution of interest rate derivatives," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 113-125.
- Yu Feng & Ralph Rudd & Christopher Baker & Qaphela Mashalaba & Melusi Mavuso & Erik Schlögl, 2021.
"Quantifying the Model Risk Inherent in the Calibration and Recalibration of Option Pricing Models,"
Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Yu Feng & Ralph Rudd & Christopher Baker & Qaphela Mashalaba & Melusi Mavuso & Erik Schlogl, 2018. "Quantifying the Model Risk Inherent in the Calibration and Recalibration of Option Pricing Models," Research Paper Series 395, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Yu, Xisheng & Xie, Xiaoke, 2015. "Pricing American options: RNMs-constrained entropic least-squares approach," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 155-173.
- Santanu Dey & Sandeep Juneja, 2012. "Incorporating fat tails in financial models using entropic divergence measures," Papers 1203.0643, arXiv.org.
- Tack, Jesse, 2013. "A Nested Test for Common Yield Distributions with Applications to U.S. Corn," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-14, April.
- Sylvia Gottschalk, 2016. "Entropy and credit risk in highly correlated markets," Papers 1604.07042, arXiv.org.
- Gzyl, Henryk & Mayoral, Silvia, 2016. "Determination of zero-coupon and spot rates from treasury data by maximum entropy methods," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 456(C), pages 38-50.
- Liu, Xiaoquan & Shackleton, Mark B. & Taylor, Stephen J. & Xu, Xinzhong, 2007. "Closed-form transformations from risk-neutral to real-world distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1501-1520, May.
- M. Ryan Haley & Todd B. Walker, 2010.
"Alternative tilts for nonparametric option pricing,"
Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(10), pages 983-1006, October.
- Walker, Todd B & Haley, M. Ryan, 2009. "Alternative Tilts for Nonparametric Option Pricing," MPRA Paper 17140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sheri Markose & Amadeo Alentorn, 2005. "Option Pricing and the Implied Tail Index with the Generalized Extreme Value (GEV) Distribution," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 397, Society for Computational Economics.
- Wu, Ximing, 2003. "Calculation of maximum entropy densities with application to income distribution," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 347-354, August.
- Carr, Peter & Geman, Helyette & Madan, Dilip B., 2001. "Pricing and hedging in incomplete markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 131-167, October.
- Vladislav Kargin, 2003.
"Consistent Estimation of Pricing Kernels from Noisy Price Data,"
0311001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vladislav Kargin, 2003. "Consistent Estimation of Pricing Kernels from Noisy Price Data," Papers math/0310223, arXiv.org.
- Rama CONT, 1998. "Beyond implied volatility: extracting information from option prices," Finance 9804002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul McCloud, 2020. "Expectation and Price in Incomplete Markets," Papers 2006.16703, arXiv.org.
- Bondarenko, Oleg, 2003. "Estimation of risk-neutral densities using positive convolution approximation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 85-112.
- Markose, Sheri M & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2005. "The Generalized Extreme Value (GEV) Distribution, Implied Tail Index and Option Pricing," Economics Discussion Papers 3726, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Cristian Homescu, 2011. "Implied Volatility Surface: Construction Methodologies and Characteristics," Papers 1107.1834, arXiv.org.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris & Chang, Bo Young, 2013. "Forecasting with Option-Implied Information," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.), Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 581-656, Elsevier.
- D. Ormoneit & H. White, 1999. "An efficient algorithm to compute maximum entropy densities," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 127-140.
- Jarno Talponen, 2013. "Matching distributions: Asset pricing with density shape correction," Papers 1312.4227, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2018.
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A., 2007. "Econometric specification of stochastic discount factor models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 509-530, February.
- Daniel Chiew & Judy Qiu & Sirimon Treepongkaruna & Jiping Yang & Chenxiao Shi, 2019. "The predictive ability of the expected utility-entropy based fund rating approach: A comparison investigation with Morningstar ratings in US," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(4), pages 1-22, April.
- Tapiero, Oren J., 2013. "A maximum (non-extensive) entropy approach to equity options bid–ask spread," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(14), pages 3051-3060.
- Cassio Neri & Lorenz Schneider, 2012. "Maximum entropy distributions inferred from option portfolios on an asset," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 293-318, April.
- Marco Avellaneda & Craig Friedman & Richard Holmes & Dominick Samperi, 1997. "Calibrating volatility surfaces via relative-entropy minimization," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 37-64.
- Tanaka, K & Toda, AA, 2015.
"Discretizing distributions with exact moments: Error estimate and convergence analysis,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt2tc0m67t, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Tanaka, Ken'ichiro & Toda, Alexis Akira, 2015. "Discretizing Distributions with Exact Moments: Error Estimate and Convergence Analysis," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt7g23r5kh, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Tanaka, Ken’ichiro & Toda, Alexis Akira, 2013. "Discrete approximations of continuous distributions by maximum entropy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 445-450.
- Xiao Xiao & Chen Zhou, 2017. "Entropy-based implied moments," DNB Working Papers 581, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- René Lalonde, 1999. "The Information Content of Interest Rate Futures Options," Staff Working Papers 99-15, Bank of Canada.
- Martin Cincibuch, 2002. "Distributions Implied by Exchange Traded Options: A Ghost’s Smile?," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp200, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Shane Barratt & Jonathan Tuck & Stephen Boyd, 2020. "Convex Optimization Over Risk-Neutral Probabilities," Papers 2003.02878, arXiv.org.
- René Garcia & Eric Ghysels & Eric Renault, 2004. "The Econometrics of Option Pricing," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-04, CIRANO.
- Gottschalk, Sylvia, 2017. "Entropy measure of credit risk in highly correlated markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 478(C), pages 11-19.
- Xiaoquan Liu, 2007. "Bid-ask spread, strike prices and risk-neutral densities," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(11), pages 887-900.
- Kai Schindelhauer & Chen Zhou, 2018. "Value-at-Risk prediction using option-implied risk measures," DNB Working Papers 613, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Damir Filipović & Sander Willems, 2020. "A term structure model for dividends and interest rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 1461-1496, October.
- José L. Vilar-Zanón & Olivia Peraita-Ezcurra, 2019. "A linear goal programming method to recover risk neutral probabilities from options prices by maximum entropy," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 42(1), pages 259-276, June.
- Marie Brière & Kamal Chancari, 2004. "Perception des risques sur les marchés, construction d'un indice élaboré à partir des smiles d'options et test de stratégies," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 114(4), pages 527-555.
- Dai, Min & Tang, Ling & Yue, Xingye, 2016. "Calibration of stochastic volatility models: A Tikhonov regularization approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 66-81.
- Robert J. Elliott & Leunglung Chan & Tak Kuen Siu, 2005. "Option pricing and Esscher transform under regime switching," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 423-432, October.
- Cassio Neri & Lorenz Schneider, 2012. "A Note on "A Family of Maximum Entropy Densities Matching Call Option Prices"," Papers 1212.4279, arXiv.org.
- Jangho Yang, 2018. "Information Theoretic Approaches In Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 940-960, July.
- Jurczenko, Emmanuel & Maillet, Bertrand & Negrea, Bogdan, 2002. "Revisited multi-moment approximate option pricing models: a general comparison (Part 1)," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24950, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Smimou, K. & Bector, C.R. & Jacoby, G., 2007. "A subjective assessment of approximate probabilities with a portfolio application," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 134-160, June.
- Ming Yuan, 2009. "State price density estimation via nonparametric mixtures," Papers 0910.1430, arXiv.org.
- José Renato Haas Ornelas & José Santiago Fajardo Barbachan & Aquiles Rocha de Farias, 2012.
"Estimating Relative Risk Aversion, Risk-Neutral and Real-World Densities using Brazilian Real Currency Options,"
Working Papers Series
269, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Ornelas, José Renato Haas & Barbachan, José Santiago Fajardo & Farias, Aquiles Rocha de, 2012. "Estimating relative risk aversion, risk-neutral and real-world densities using brazilian real currency options," EBAPE Working Papers 1, FGV EBAPE - Escola Brasileira de Administração Pública e de Empresas (Brazil).
- Vilsmeier, Johannes, 2014. "Updating the option implied probability of default methodology," Discussion Papers 43/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Monteiro, Ana Margarida & Tutuncu, Reha H. & Vicente, Luis N., 2008. "Recovering risk-neutral probability density functions from options prices using cubic splines and ensuring nonnegativity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(2), pages 525-542, June.
- Rockinger, Michael & Jondeau, Eric, 2002.
"Entropy densities with an application to autoregressive conditional skewness and kurtosis,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 119-142, January.
- Rockinger, M. & Jondeau, E., 2001. "Entropy Densities: with an Application to Autoregressive Conditional Skewness and Kurtosis," Working papers 79, Banque de France.
- Christopher Bose & Rua Murray, 2014. "Maximum Entropy Estimates for Risk-Neutral Probability Measures with Non-Strictly-Convex Data," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Springer, vol. 161(1), pages 285-307, April.
- Vladimir Zdorovenin & Jacques PÃ©zier, 2011. "Does Information Content of Option Prices Add Value for Asset Allocation?," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2011-03, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Vishwas Kukreti & Hirdesh K. Pharasi & Priya Gupta & Sunil Kumar, 2020. "A perspective on correlation-based financial networks and entropy measures," Papers 2004.09448, arXiv.org.
- Bogdan Grechuk & Anton Molyboha & Michael Zabarankin, 2009. "Maximum Entropy Principle with General Deviation Measures," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 445-467, May.
- Shi-jie Jiang & Mujun Lei & Cheng-Huang Chung, 2018. "An Improvement of Gain-Loss Price Bounds on Options Based on Binomial Tree and Market-Implied Risk-Neutral Distribution," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-17, June.
- Nikkinen, Jussi, 2003. "Normality tests of option-implied risk-neutral densities: evidence from the small Finnish market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 99-116.
- Bliss, Robert R. & Panigirtzoglou, Nikolaos, 2002. "Testing the stability of implied probability density functions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 381-422, March.
- Sanjay K. Nawalkha & Xiaoyang Zhuo, 2020. "A Theory of Equivalent Expectation Measures for Contingent Claim Returns," Papers 2006.15312, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2021.
- Senay Asma, 2010. "Conditional entropy distribution of Istanbul stock market value," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(17), pages 1709-1713.
- Salazar Celis, Oliver & Liang, Lingzhi & Lemmens, Damiaan & Tempère, Jacques & Cuyt, Annie, 2015. "Determining and benchmarking risk neutral distributions implied from option prices," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier, vol. 258(C), pages 372-387.
- Matt Thompson & Matt Davison & Henning Rasmussen, 2009. "Natural gas storage valuation and optimization: A real options application," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 56(3), pages 226-238, April.
- Robert R Bliss & Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, 2000. "Testing the stability of implied probability density functions," Bank of England working papers 114, Bank of England.
- Peter Stephensen, 2016. "Logit Scaling: A General Method for Alignment in Microsimulation models," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 9(3), pages 89-102.
- Christian Capuano, 2008. "The Option-iPoD," IMF Working Papers 2008/194, International Monetary Fund.
- Yu Feng, 2019. "Theory and Application of Model Risk Quantification," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 3-2019.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 1999. "Option Implied Risk-Neutral Distributions and Implied Binomial Trees: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 11634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Baptiste Monnier, 2013. "Technical report : Risk-neutral density recovery via spectral analysis," Papers 1302.2567, arXiv.org.
- Coutant, Sophie & Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2001. "Reading PIBOR futures options smiles: The 1997 snap election," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1957-1987, November.
- Wan-Ni Lai, 2014. "Comparison of methods to estimate option implied risk-neutral densities," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(10), pages 1839-1855, October.
- Nawalkha, Sanjay K & Zhuo, Xiaoyang, 2020. "A Theory of Equivalent Expectation Measures for Expected Prices of Contingent Claims," OSF Preprints hsxtu, Center for Open Science.
- C. Neri & L. Schneider, 2009. "Maximum Entropy Distributions Inferred from Option Portfolios on an Asset," Papers 0903.4542, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2011.
- A. Monteiro & R. Tütüncü & L. Vicente, 2011. "Estimation of risk-neutral density surfaces," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 387-414, November.
- Paul Glasserman & Bin Yu, 2005. "Large Sample Properties of Weighted Monte Carlo Estimators," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 53(2), pages 298-312, April.
- Kogure, Atsuyuki & Kurachi, Yoshiyuki, 2010. "A Bayesian approach to pricing longevity risk based on risk-neutral predictive distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 162-172, February.
- Marie Briere, 2006. "Market Reactions to Central Bank Communication Policies :Reading Interest Rate Options Smiles," Working Papers CEB 38, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Santanu Dey & Sandeep Juneja & Karthyek R. A. Murthy, 2014. "Incorporating Views on Marginal Distributions in the Calibration of Risk Models," Papers 1411.0570, arXiv.org.
- José Renato Haas Ornelas & Marcelo Yoshio Takami, 2011. "Recovering Risk-Neutral Densities from Brazilian Interest Rate Options," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 9(1), pages 9-26.
- Ajay Khanna & Dilip Madan, 2004. "Understanding option prices," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 55-63.
- C. Neri & L. Schneider, 2012. "The Impact of the Prior Density on a Minimum Relative Entropy Density: A Case Study with SPX Option Data," Papers 1201.2616, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2013.
- Rompolis, Leonidas S., 2010. "Retrieving risk neutral densities from European option prices based on the principle of maximum entropy," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 918-937, December.
- Jobst, Andreas A., 2013. "Multivariate dependence of implied volatilities from equity options as measure of systemic risk," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 112-129.
- Ruijun Bu & Kaddour Hadri, 2005. "Estimating the Risk Neutral Probability Density Functions Natural Spline versus Hypergeometric Approach Using European Style Options," Working Papers 200510, University of Liverpool, Department of Economics.