Entropy measure of credit risk in highly correlated markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Racine, Jeff, 2002. "Entropy and predictability of stock market returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 291-312, March.
- Lisa Borland, 2002. "A theory of non-Gaussian option pricing," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(6), pages 415-431.
- Burbea, Jacob & Rao, C. Radhakrishna, 1982. "Entropy differential metric, distance and divergence measures in probability spaces: A unified approach," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 575-596, December.
- Morana, Claudio & Beltratti, Andrea, 2008. "Comovements in international stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 31-45, February.
- L. Borland & J. P. Bouchaud, 2004. "A Non-Gaussian Option Pricing Model with Skew," Papers cond-mat/0403022, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2004.
- Darrell Duffie & Andreas Eckner & Guillaume Horel & Leandro Saita, 2009. "Frailty Correlated Default," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(5), pages 2089-2123, October.
- Lopez, Jose A., 2004.
"The empirical relationship between average asset correlation, firm probability of default, and asset size,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 265-283, April.
- Jose A. Lopez, 2002. "The empirical relationship between average asset correlation, firm probability of default and asset size," Working Paper Series 2002-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Pollet, Joshua M. & Wilson, Mungo, 2010. "Average correlation and stock market returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 364-380, June.
- Sanjiv R. Das & Darrell Duffie & Nikunj Kapadia & Leandro Saita, 2007.
"Common Failings: How Corporate Defaults Are Correlated,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 93-117, February.
- Sanjiv Das & Darrell Duffie & Nikunj Kapadia & Leandro Saita, 2006. "Common Failings: How Corporate Defaults are Correlated," NBER Working Papers 11961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buchen, Peter W. & Kelly, Michael, 1996. "The Maximum Entropy Distribution of an Asset Inferred from Option Prices," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 143-159, March.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Lisa Borland & Jeremy Evnine & Benoit Pochart, 2005. "A Merton-Like Approach to Pricing Debt based on a non-Gaussian Asset Model," Papers cond-mat/0501395, arXiv.org.
- Ma, Pengcheng & Li, Daye & Li, Shuo, 2016. "Efficiency and cross-correlation in equity market during global financial crisis: Evidence from China," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 444(C), pages 163-176.
- Joe, Harry, 2006. "Generating random correlation matrices based on partial correlations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 2177-2189, November.
- Krishnan, C.N.V. & Petkova, Ralitsa & Ritchken, Peter, 2009. "Correlation risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 353-367, June.
- Aït-Sahalia, Yacine & Xiu, Dacheng, 2016. "Increased correlation among asset classes: Are volatility or jumps to blame, or both?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 205-219.
- Zhou, Chunsheng, 2001. "An Analysis of Default Correlations and Multiple Defaults," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 555-576.
- Cassio Neri & Lorenz Schneider, 2012. "Maximum entropy distributions inferred from option portfolios on an asset," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 293-318, April.
- Gordy, Michael B., 2003.
"A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 199-232, July.
- Michael B. Gordy, 2002. "A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Susanne Emmer & Dirk Tasche, 2003. "Calculating credit risk capital charges with the one-factor model," Papers cond-mat/0302402, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2005.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Dirk Tasche, 2005. "Measuring sectoral diversification in an asymptotic multi-factor framework," Papers physics/0505142, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2006.
- Darbellay, Georges A & Wuertz, Diethelm, 2000. "The entropy as a tool for analysing statistical dependences in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(3), pages 429-439.
- Lisa Borland & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2004. "A non-Gaussian option pricing model with skew," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 499-514.
- Sandoval, Leonidas & Franca, Italo De Paula, 2012. "Correlation of financial markets in times of crisis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(1), pages 187-208.
- Rangvid, Jesper, 2001. "Increasing convergence among European stock markets?: A recursive common stochastic trends analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 383-389, June.
- Constantino Tsallis & Celia Anteneodo & Lisa Borland & Roberto Osorio, 2003. "Nonextensive statistical mechanics and economics," Papers cond-mat/0301307, arXiv.org.
- Chunxia, Yang & Xueshuai, Zhu & Luoluo, Jiang & Sen, Hu & He, Li, 2016. "Study on the contagion among American industries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 444(C), pages 601-612.
- Tsallis, Constantino & Anteneodo, Celia & Borland, Lisa & Osorio, Roberto, 2003. "Nonextensive statistical mechanics and economics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 89-100.
- Zellner, Arnold, 2002. "Information processing and Bayesian analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 41-50, March.
More about this item
KeywordsStructural models of default risk; Single and multi-factor models; Asset correlation; Entropy; Jeffreys–Kullback–Leibler divergence; Random correlation matrices; Financial regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:478:y:2017:i:c:p:11-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.