On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Valuation of Option Contracts and a Test of Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 399-417, May.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "A Re-Examination of the Modigliani-Miller Theorem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 784-793, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Merton, Robert C., 1993.
"On the microeconomic theory of investment under uncertainty,"
Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 13, pages 601-669,
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the microeconomic theory of investment under uncertainty," Working papers 958-77., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Goddard, John & Onali, Enrico, 2012. "Self-affinity in financial asset returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 1-11.
- Merton, Robert, 1990.
"Capital market theory and the pricing of financial securities,"
Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 497-581,
- Merton, Robert C., 1986. "Capital market theory and the pricing of financial securities," Working papers 1818-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Sonntag, Dominik, 2018. "Die Theorie der fairen geometrischen Rendite [The Theory of Fair Geometric Returns]," MPRA Paper 87082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhang, Huiming & Watada, Junzo, 2019. "An analysis of the arbitrage efficiency of the Chinese SSE 50ETF options market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 474-489.
- Ehret, Michael, 2014. "Financial socialism: The role of financial economics in economic disorganization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2686-2692.
- Adam Wu, 2017. "Systematic Noise: Micro-movements in Equity Options Markets," Papers 1708.06855, arXiv.org.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2014.
"Static Hedging of Standard Options,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 12(1), pages 3-46.
- Chen, Gang & Roberts, Matthew C. & Roe, Brian E., 2005. "Managing Livestock Feed Cost Risks Using Futures and Options," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19399, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Rudolph, Bernd, 2017. "Meilensteine der Entwicklung des Kapitalmarktes in Deutschland und der Kapitalmarkttheorie vom Ende der 1970er- bis zum Beginn der 1990er-Jahre," IBF Paper Series 16-17, IBF – Institut für Bank- und Finanzgeschichte / Institute for Banking and Financial History, Frankfurt am Main.
- Paola Zerilli, 2005.
"Option pricing and spikes in volatility: theoretical and empirical analysis,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005
76, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Paola Zerilli, 2007. "Option Pricing and Spikes in Volatility: Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Discussion Papers 07/08, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Gustavo Silva Araujo & Ricardo Alves Carmo Ribeiro, 2018. "Is Petrobras Options Market Efficient? A Study Using The Delta-Gamma Neutral Strategy," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 126, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Alexander S. Sangare, 2005. "Efficience des marchés : un siècle après Bachelier," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(4), pages 107-132.
- Mason, Robin, 1998.
"An options-based model of equilibrium credit rationing,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 71-85, March.
- Mason, R, 1996. "An Option-Based Model of Equilibrium Credit Rationing," Economics Papers 128, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Shi, Leilei, 2006. "Does security transaction volume–price behavior resemble a probability wave?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 366(C), pages 419-436.
- Robert R. Bliss, 2000. "The pitfalls in inferring risk from financial market data," Working Paper Series WP-00-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Timothy Johnson, 2015. "Reciprocity as a Foundation of Financial Economics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 43-67, September.
- Heller, Yuval & Schreiber, Amnon, 0. "Short-term investments and indices of risk," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society.
- Alexander Reisz, 1999. "Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty, the Investment Policy of Levered Firms and Corporate Debt Yields," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-044, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Huang, Yu Chuan & Chen, Shing Chun, 2002. "Warrants pricing: Stochastic volatility vs. Black-Scholes," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 393-409, September.
More about this item
KeywordsHD28 .M414 no.684-; 73; Corporate debt; Corporations Valuation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mit:sloanp:1874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ssmitus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.