Calibrating volatility surfaces via relative-entropy minimization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Buchen, Peter W. & Kelly, Michael, 1996. "The Maximum Entropy Distribution of an Asset Inferred from Option Prices," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 143-159, March.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 1996. "Generalized Binomial Trees," MPRA Paper 11635, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 May 1997.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Rubinstein, Mark, 1996. " Recovering Probability Distributions from Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1611-1632, December.
- Jens Carsten Jackwerth., 1996. "Implied Binomial Trees: Generalizations and Empirical Tests," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-262, University of California at Berkeley.
- M. Avellaneda & A. Levy & A. ParAS, 1995. "Pricing and hedging derivative securities in markets with uncertain volatilities," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 73-88.
- Breeden, Douglas T & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1978. "Prices of State-contingent Claims Implicit in Option Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 621-651, October.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1994. " Implied Binomial Trees," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 771-818, July.
- Mark Rubinstein., 1994. "Implied Binomial Trees," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-232, University of California at Berkeley.
- Banz, Rolf W & Miller, Merton H, 1978. "Prices for State-contingent Claims: Some Estimates and Applications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 653-672, October.
- Marco Avellaneda & Antonio ParAS, 1996. "Managing the volatility risk of portfolios of derivative securities: the Lagrangian uncertain volatility model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 21-52.
- Stutzer, Michael, 1995. "A Bayesian approach to diagnosis of asset pricing models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 367-397, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breuer, Thomas & Csiszár, Imre, 2013. "Systematic stress tests with entropic plausibility constraints," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1552-1559.
- Carol Alexander & Leonardo M. Nogueira, 2004. "Hedging with Stochastic and Local Volatility," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2004-10, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Dec 2004.
- Cristian Homescu, 2011. "Implied Volatility Surface: Construction Methodologies and Characteristics," Papers 1107.1834, arXiv.org.
- Alexander, Carol, 2004. "Normal mixture diffusion with uncertain volatility: Modelling short- and long-term smile effects," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2957-2980, December.
- Vladislav Kargin, 2003.
"Consistent Estimation of Pricing Kernels from Noisy Price Data,"
- Vladislav Kargin, 2003. "Consistent Estimation of Pricing Kernels from Noisy Price Data," Finance 0311001, EconWPA.
- Subbotin, Alexandre, 2009. "Volatility Models: from Conditional Heteroscedasticity to Cascades at Multiple Horizons," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 15(3), pages 94-138.
- Tapiero, Oren J., 2013. "A maximum (non-extensive) entropy approach to equity options bid–ask spread," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(14), pages 3051-3060.
- Carol Alexander & Leonardo Nogueira, 2004. "Stochastic Local Volatility," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2008-02, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Mar 2008.
- A. Monteiro & R. Tütüncü & L. Vicente, 2011. "Estimation of risk-neutral density surfaces," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 387-414, November.
- Nassim N. Taleb, 2014. "Risk Neutral Option Pricing With Neither Dynamic Hedging nor Complete Markets," Papers 1405.2609, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2014.
- Cattiaux, Patrick & Gozlan, Nathael, 2007. "Deviations bounds and conditional principles for thin sets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 221-250, February.
- Bernd Engelmann & Matthias Fengler & Morten Nalholm & Peter Schwendner, 2006. "Static versus dynamic hedges: an empirical comparison for barrier options," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 239-264, November.
- Carr, Peter & Geman, Helyette & Madan, Dilip B., 2001. "Pricing and hedging in incomplete markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 131-167, October.
- Gabriel TURINICI, 2008. "Local Volatility Calibration Using An Adjoint Proxy," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 93-105, November.
More about this item
KeywordsOption Pricing; Implied Volatility Surface; Calibration; Relative Entropy; Stochastic; Control; Volatility; Smile; Skew;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:4:y:1997:i:1:p:37-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.