Consumers and Experts : An Econometric Analysis of the Demand for Water Heaters
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Bartels & Denzil Fiebig & Arthur Soest, 2006. "Consumers and experts: an econometric analysis of the demand for water heaters," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 369-391, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1992.
"On Efficiency of Methods of Simulated Moments and Maximum Simulated Likelihood Estimation of Discrete Response Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 518-552, December.
- Lee, L-F., 1990. "On Efficiency of Methods of Simulated Moments and Maximum Simulated Likelihood Estimation of Discrete Response Models," Papers 260, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Winand Emons, 1997. "Credence Goods and Fraudelent Experts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(1), pages 107-119, Spring.
- Raymond S. Hartman, 1984. "The Importance of Technology and Fuel Choice in the Analysis of Utility-Sponsored Conservation Strategies for Residential Water Heating," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 99-118.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1993.
"Competition in a Market for Informed Experts' Services,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(3), pages 380-398, Autumn.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1991. "Competition in a Market for Informed Experts' Services," Discussion Papers 959, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Rollin, Patricia & Beyea, Jan, 1985. "US appliance efficiency standards," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 425-436, October.
- Andrews, Donald W. K., 1998.
"Hypothesis testing with a restricted parameter space,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 155-199, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1994. "Hypothesis Testing with a Restricted Parameter Space," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1060R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Laband, David N, 1986. "Advertising as Information: An Empirical Note," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 517-521, August.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, August.
- Vijay Krishna & John Morgan, 2001.
"A Model of Expertise,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(2), pages 747-775.
- Vijay Krishna & John Morgan, 1999. "A Model of Expertise," Game Theory and Information 9902003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vijay Krishna & John Morgan, 1999. "A Model of Expertise," Working Papers 154, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Discussion Papers in Economics.
- Krishna, V. & Morgan, J., 1999. "A Model of Expertise," Papers 206, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1998.
"Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 109-129, November.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3tb6j874, University of California Transportation Center.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1j6814b3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Vaage, Kjell, 2000.
"Heating technology and energy use: a discrete/continuous choice approach to Norwegian household energy demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 649-666, December.
- Vaage, K., 2000. "heating Technology and Energy Use: a Discrete/Continuous Choice Approach to Norwegian Household Energy Demand," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 214, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin, 1986. "A Nested Logit Model of Space and Water Heat System Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 112-124.
- Thomas N. Hubbard, 1998. "An Empirical Examination of Moral Hazard in the Vehicle Inspection Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 406-426, Summer.
- F. Thomas Juster, 1964. "Anticipations and Purchases: An Analysis of Consumer Behavior," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number just64-1.
- Green, David Jay, 1983. "A Logit Model of the Selection of a Space Heating Fuel by Builders of New Single Family Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(2), pages 337-342, May.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- David Revelt & Kenneth Train, 1998. "Mixed Logit With Repeated Choices: Households' Choices Of Appliance Efficiency Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 647-657, November.
- Maria L. Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2003. "Are Stated Preferences Good Predictors of Market Behavior?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(1), pages 44-45.
- Spector, David, 2002. "Failure of communication despite close preferences," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 283-289, February.
- Culyer, A J, 1989. "The Normative Economics of Health Care Finance and Provision," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 34-58, Spring.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Pitchik, Carolyn & Schotter, Andrew, 1987. "Honesty in a Model of Strategic Information Transmission," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 1032-1036, December.
- David F. Layton & Gardner Brown, 2000. "Heterogeneous Preferences Regarding Global Climate Change," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(4), pages 616-624, November.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin, 1986. "Will Mandatory Conservation Promote Energy Efficiency in the Selection of Household Appliance Stocks?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 99-118.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jordan Louviere & Kenneth Train & Moshe Ben-Akiva & Chandra Bhat & David Brownstone & Trudy Cameron & Richard Carson & J. Deshazo & Denzil Fiebig & William Greene & David Hensher & Donald Waldman, 2005. "Recent Progress on Endogeneity in Choice Modeling," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 255-265, December.
- Fiebig, Denzil G. & Haas, Marion & Hossain, Ishrat & Street, Deborah J. & Viney, Rosalie, 2009.
"Decisions about Pap tests: What influences women and providers?,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 1766-1774, May.
- Denzil Fiebig & Marion Haas & Ishrat Hossain & Rosalie Viney, 2007. "Decisions about Pap tests: What influences women and providers?," Working Papers 2007/11, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2011. "The maximum approximate composite marginal likelihood (MACML) estimation of multinomial probit-based unordered response choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 923-939, August.
- Denzil G. Fiebig & Michael P. Keane & Jordan Louviere & Nada Wasi, 2010. "The Generalized Multinomial Logit Model: Accounting for Scale and Coefficient Heterogeneity," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 393-421, 05-06.
- Cristiano Franceschinis & Riccardo Scarpa & Mara Thiene & John Rose & Michele Moretto & Raffaele Cavalli, 2016. "Exploring the Spatial Heterogeneity of Individual Preferences for Ambient Heating Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-19, May.
- Jose Blandon & Spencer Henson & Towhidul Islam, 2009. "Marketing preferences of small-scale farmers in the context of new agrifood systems: a stated choice model," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 251-267.
- Paleti, Rajesh & Bhat, Chandra R., 2013. "The composite marginal likelihood (CML) estimation of panel ordered-response models," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(C), pages 24-43.
- Fiebig, D.G. & Viney, R. & Haas, M. & Knox, S. & Street, D. & Weisberg, E. & Bateson, D., 2015. "Complexity and doctor choices when discussing contraceptives," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 15/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Wasi, Nada & Carson, Richard T., 2013.
"The influence of rebate programs on the demand for water heaters: The case of New South Wales,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 645-656.
- Wasi, Nada & Carson, Richard T., 2011. "The Influence of Rebate Programs on the Demand for Water Heaters: The Case of New South Wales," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100731, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Arouna, Aminou & Adegbola, Patrice Y. & Raphael, Babatunde & Diagne, Aliou, 2015. "Contract farming preferences by smallholder rice producers in Africa: a stated choice model using mixed logic," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 210957, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:35:y:2017:i:7:d:10.1007_s40273-017-0506-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Higgins, Andrew & McNamara, Cheryl & Foliente, Greg, 2014. "Modelling future uptake of solar photo-voltaics and water heaters under different government incentives," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 142-155.
- repec:kap:theord:v:84:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11238-017-9638-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsconsumers; demand; product information; advertising; investment; econometrics;
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:700496ed-75bb-495d-a00c-b08ea79420c6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.